User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    GONE

I don't think so. I would be able to see right through me. It wouldn't work.

MBTI
    INTP

I'd probably think "that guy's an arrogant prick."

But I've known a number of arrogant pricks in my life who I was actually quite fond of.

Since obviously in my case it's justified, I imagine we'd get on rather well.
    "Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even if you never touch its coattails."
    --Clarence Darrow

MBTI
    Ixxx

Maybe. I'm not really sure how I come off to other people. We had to pick a few words to describe our classmates in one of my classes and people chose "patient" to describe me. I think they must have meant lacking personality because the most patient things I can think of are inanimate objects. So I think I wouldn't be memorable enough to be liked or disliked. hehe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Climber07 View Post
    Maybe. I'm not really sure how I come off to other people. We had to pick a few words to describe our classmates in one of my classes and people chose "patient" to describe me. I think they must have meant lacking personality because the most patient things I can think of are inanimate objects. So I think I wouldn't be memorable enough to be liked or disliked. hehe.
    A patient ISTP?!
    That must be a fearsome sight to behold! I didn't know there was such a thing!

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam View Post
    this may be a weird inquiry...

i was wondering to myself today if i met myself on the street and hung out with him for a day, would i actually like that person?

getting more into it, i was wondering if a male infj like myself, would get along with another infj--considering i dont think i have met or know another infj in my life. at least not that i know of. and since we dont wear our MBTIs on our chest, i wonder if the people i see on the street who i despise, could very well be infjs...

anyways, anyone can respond--if any does at all...
    I believe that really you do meet yourself on a day to day basis. Really you hang out with yourself already when you think about it. I like my own company- meaning that I can be alone or anywhere and be comfortable with who I am- I am pretty open and honest with myself and believe that I am worthy of love and happiness- that I am no better but no worse then anyone else. I even make myself laugh and I don't know how to explain it other then I enjoy my own company and can easily entertain myself.

I think that if one doesn't like themself from a third person point of view like you are talking about- then they wouldn't be able to stand their own company if that makes any sense.

I can tell you right now that I do not like other INFJ's in real life. The reason is a competitive one- I don't like being around people who are too much like me- I have to be different and take pride in it- so if someone is too much like me then I lose a part of my identity I feel, and being an individual and my identity are very important to me. There can only be one Highlander and there can only be one INFJ in the room when it comes to me,lol.

I love Larry David and I believe he is an INFJ- I am a huge fan of his and can relate to him in so many ways and I just love him- but if I were to meet him in person and try to be friends it would never work- I wouldn't be able to stand him nor he with me- I would lose my sense of identity and snese of individuality and that would be too troublesome. I like being around opposites or different people in general because also to me it is more interesting- and novelty is a huge thing to me as well. When around another INFJ in real life- there is no spark- there is nothing there really making an exchange interesting, online is different for some reason- I like INFJ's online just fine as long as it isn't a whole community of them- that's too much for me in an online situation,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ENFP

Yes, absolutely. I would have loads of fun and probably laugh my head off. It would grow tiresome, though, as I'd always know what she was going to say. Blah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It might take me more than a day to warm up to myself, but given a little time and providing I didn't have to live with myself, I think we'd be good friends. Occasionally, one of us would take some offhanded comment personally and be prickly and miffed for a few days, but then I/she would get over it and we'd be good again.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I love Larry David and I believe he is an INFJ- I am a huge fan of his and can relate to him in so many ways and I just love him- but if I were to meet him in person and try to be friends it would never work- I wouldn't be able to stand him nor he with me- I would lose my sense of identity and snese of individuality and that would be too troublesome. I like being around opposites or different people in general because also to me it is more interesting- and novelty is a huge thing to me as well. When around another INFJ in real life- there is no spark- there is nothing there really making an exchange interesting, online is different for some reason- I like INFJ's online just fine as long as it isn't a whole community of them- that's too much for me in an online situation,lol.
    It's as I said too as I'd get 'jealous' of my doppleganger after a time and would only want semi-basis contact. However I mostly agree with that outside of myself errr with another person who's just similiar like another INFJ I'd say even with other INFJs I would welcome being around them because even though we may be similiar and think similiarly, we all (all types of people) have different backgrounds/experiences and we observe a host of different things which we choose to on a billion different topics/people/etc. Everything . If INFJs decide to mesh their ideas to another INFJ considered 'susceptible'/appreciative to the thoughts, I'd assume, we'd come to the same or similiar conclusions and take great comfort in that we're not the only crazy ones . I'd wager we rarely get people who 'get us', same with other types regarding a portion of different types. So, I think we'd need/crave similiarity with ideas/passions but need an extrovert (for us I believe it's ENTP or ESTP but ENTP's intution would mimic ours but be focused outward, so I'd believe them better but I digress...)

Anyway, we're introverts so naturally we're going to be inside our heads most if not all of the time anyway so it shouldn't be that much of a threat to us because we're gonna recharge our batteries for some time. At the time we meet them, maybe it could be deemed a threat, depending if we stay too long...

I am fiercely independent and highly prize my originality and I hunt for it in others as I feel so alone and clutch it when found *gimme it! *. Then organize them further to nurture it if I find it weakly expressed LOL. Finding for the first time other INFJs online is such great comfort for me, as I'm still fairly young by standards w/o experience of all things people/society/world. Though, reading some difference I'm starting to believe some are mistyped as INFPs or another type. Esp. those with those "INFXs" b/c INxJs need "closure in knowing anything and don't like to display outside until known" (so I'd assume all "Js" too) but I digress. *will make new thread on this *And, um, yea I've never met another self-professed INFJ so all of the above is assumption and based on meeting similiar people just not ascertained as INFJs... cause, you know, we like closure and like telling people what we like and "nicely" tell them to like what we think is good for them since, we think, they'd realise they like it eventually too. We just "knew" it before them, perceived arrogant asses that we are by not being able to express how/why we knew it...

Btw, I read your typo of "snese" of individuality as sneeze of individuality LOLOL. My thoughts immediately spiraled on that with "YES we sneeze out individuality when we want to contaminate people with our considered by "other healthier types" as sick personalities!(and applies to all types), Brrrrrilliant observation! kekeke and then I realised it was 'sense', thought w/e it's still brilliant and it was her Ni mind-linking to my Ni! ............... okie it was more than anything else, but still brilliant!

Sorry to OP for steering convo a bit differently , so now to dutifully get back onto point but albiet more romantically...

DOPPLEGANGER DD can kiss my ass because I'd want to be with someone who thinks in patterns almost exactly like me but almost very completely different with regards to external insights and is able to take me places outside of my brain's Central Nervous System's control to keep it all inside *exhale* Btw, I think most people might want the same yet opposite uh what I said above Vif la Difference et lif le Similiar!!

MBTI
    INFJ

wow, i dont think ive ever started a thread with so many responses. not that its huge or anything, but i feel a bit flattered!

the way i feel today, i would probably slap my self silly, telling myself to enjoy the sun and to socialize a bit more. snap out of it guy! you make me cringe!
    Tannis, anyone?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    It's as I said too as I'd get 'jealous' of my doppleganger after a time and would only want semi-basis contact. However I mostly agree with that outside of myself errr with another person who's just similiar like another INFJ
    You do enjoy writing a lot.

I suppose if you make an exact copy of me I wouldn't be very happy either. Lost of uniqueness as you've been saying before. I think it's something INFJs are concern about much more than other types. Also Having somebody to agree with me is good... but in the end there's not going to be enough back up support. I know some of the stuff I come up with are flawed... if the other person is exactly the same, well the mistakes aren't going to be picked up at all... It's a scary thought how much a single bad interpretation can throw the results a million miles off after a couple of mental iterations.

If INFJs decide to mesh their ideas to another INFJ considered 'susceptible'/appreciative to the thoughts, I'd assume, we'd come to the same or similiar conclusions and take great comfort in that we're not the only crazy ones . I'd wager we rarely get people who 'get us', same with other types regarding a portion of different types. So, I think we'd need/crave similiarity with ideas/passions but need an extrovert (for us I believe it's ENTP or ESTP but ENTP's intution would mimic ours but be focused outward, so I'd believe them better but I digress...)
    That part is true though, while similarity is nice. Too much is just plain boring. If two person are exactly the same... you wouldn't be getting enough input... of new ideas etc. Ne dominant works... actually Ti dominant isn't so bad either. Just got to make sure you don't get sucked into never ending analysis.

Though, reading some difference I'm starting to believe some are mistyped as INFPs or another type. Esp. those with those "INFXs" b/c INxJs need "closure in knowing anything and don't like to display outside until known" (so I'd assume all "Js" too) but I digress. *will make new thread on this *
    Please do.