• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] would you like yourself?

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would find myself to be completely insufferable. I would probably get too irritated and leave...but at the same time...my other self would be thinking the same thing, haha! I can't see the relationship lasting too long.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I really tried but cannot see myself.... so I haven't a clue.

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
Heart of Glass?

To the OP:
This is an excellent question. I am really not sure. Since I can sometimes have a Solipsistic view on life, these sort of questions are difficult for me. At least, it is hard to understand how others view me from the outside { SegmentationFault }. However, trying to imagine myself as existing outside myself might be slightly easier given that I would have the advantage of a much better idea of what the other individual is thinking... or would I?

For instance, what if I didn't recognize myself as myself? What if I met a person who was really me, but I didn't know it? Would I catch on to the fact that this other person thought and felt the same way I did, or would it be the usual game of speculation?

Ultimately, I'd like to think I would get along with myself. I shall have to give this further thought.

I wonder if I would sound just as pedantic to myself as I must sound to other people...

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I think it would be mainly extremely scary to meet someone who would be exactly like me.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Wouldn't look twice at myself. I think I'd run the other way.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really interesting question but impossible to answer! i'd like to think so...as friends...hell yeah we'd get into all sorts of trouble and be total enablers...but...a relationship with someone like me?? hell no!! i couldn't handle it...it would either be way too intense or way too boring...i have no clue.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. The answer is yes. (Actually, there's more to it, but I've gotta keep my inner narc. under strict control.)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I wouldn't. It's a good thing everyone else takes care of liking me.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I would probably be creeped but...hah, sure, SOMEhow I would work things out with myself.
*thinks about looking at "herself" from the outside*
Brrrr. :D

On the other hand...maybe we would argue quite a bit, since "she" would like the same things I do and uh, imagine "she" wanting to hit on the same guys or so. Oh god, what a mess. tho, I am able to compromise so maybe we won't be screwed completely. Okay, let me say it would be quite an experience. It would be superawesomefunnycool, but also hard sometimes. :devil:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
this may be a weird inquiry...

i was wondering to myself today if i met myself on the street and hung out with him for a day, would i actually like that person?

getting more into it, i was wondering if a male infj like myself, would get along with another infj--considering i dont think i have met or know another infj in my life. at least not that i know of. and since we dont wear our MBTIs on our chest, i wonder if the people i see on the street who i despise, could very well be infjs...

anyways, anyone can respond--if any does at all...

Maybe, but then immediately I would become annoyed with someone like myself. What would we even talk about?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'd probably think I was a bi&*$, I mean irritating person.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
im going to show zero modesty :devil: and say that I would be best friends with said identical person hahaha

think about it:

-we could play guitar together with the same tastes in music (each throw down rhythm and lead for each other
-we both wouldnt mind watching the same shows
-wouldnt mind eating the same food/same restuarants/same awesome cooking styles
-we could play wing man for eachother
-we could work out together

the best would be when it comes to dividing and conquering: whether its school (around finals working in teams is amazing), work, sports etc... here would be someone you KNOW would get shit done the same way you do.

I would definitely be best friends with myself.

Nat

MBTI Type
INFJ
The only thing that seems to really irritate me with people in RL is superiority and arrogance, so I'm sure I'd get along just fine with myself. I would probably think I was a bit strange after talking to myself for a while, but I've always surrounded myself with quirky people anyway. :p

sade

I have thought about this, it's one of the reasons it would be interesting to meet someone of my own type (and also female to make it more alike).

I wonder what would happen after the initial curious glances to the other person. I think we might get along, I try to be a nice person. That is if we had anything to talk about.. Which we probably would. I think it might get to a level of 'mental poking' that I sometimes do.