• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] infp's, what occupationdo you have? what do you do in your spare time?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
After 20-years in the corporate world as a single mother (and now an empty nester), I'm ready to give it all up and get married, be a supportive and loving housewife, build me a fantastic garden, write a novel, draw, and read every day. I would also like to make a CD of my favorite hymns with my future husband (excellent tenor - I'm an alto).

Oh, I have a deep desire to counsel and mentor expectant mothers.
I hope and pray all your dreams come true. :hug:

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I am going to school to be a park ranger, and I do volunteer firefighting, with the off time that I do have I play some Xbox, some WoW, or walk through the park

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a college student. A senior. I started off going to school to major in dance, but I switched to Japanese at the end of my sophomore year. Mostly because I had gotten really sick of ballet and jazz after 13 years, and found out that I was really made for tap dance. And tap dance was only 2 of the 58.5 credits... Plus, I really wanted to study abroad, and if I continued to major in dance I wouldn't have had enough time. So. Here I am, in Tokyo. I'm heading back home, as a graduate, in July, and I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Spare time? I like nerdy things like video games, animation, and comics/manga. And dancing. Just putting on music and dancing around, but not necessarily practicing or anything. Reading, but not books so much anymore. Articles, things that come in smaller amounts. Studying Japanese. Yeah, I should probably get out more.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
In my alone spare time I search for inspiration and unravel mystery in all its guises. I need to understand. When with others I either goof around or probe for connection.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
In my alone spare time I search for inspiration and unravel mystery in all its guises. I need to understand. When with others I either goof around or probe for connection.

Thats what I did and then that when I heard the calling to do something with my life, I hope you find that something in your seach

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I have been blessed by someone for sure. I still have my downs (bipolar+INFP) but I love what I do, and I love the one I am with.

That is music to my ears and pleasing to my -gasp- stone cold heart :hug:

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but you're studying abroad in Japan :shock:
Ahaha, good point. I just realized that my "spare time" activities are all pretty solitary, though. I did go out quite a bit at the beginning of this study abroad thing, but since I've kind of gotten more comfortable...and we're on break in between semesters now...I kinda just sit inside all day. Which is kind of depressing, since I'm in one of the most interesting places in the world. :doh: (Maybe it's better though, since it's also one of the most expensive places in the world...)

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i dont really have a legit job. but i do web page design and graphic design. if i happen to get an offer for a job ill take it. currently im working on 2 websites ^_^.

but in spare time, i skateboard, snowboard, play video games, watch films, sit and think, read, listen to music. thats about it. i dont have a very exciting life. but somehow it manages to be extremely stressful.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unemployed graphic designer. I used to do print design for a magazine publisher. That was pretty stable for a few years, but the economy affected the publisher I worked for very badly, and it went out of business. Then I even designed, wrote & published my own magazine for short time, but that tanked also.

Now I do a little freelance work when I can pick it up, I do some HS math tutoring for extra cash, and I'm filling out apps for almost anything that pays.

In my spare time (which I have a LOT of right now), I like to: goof off online (this is a big one :p), design non-work stuff (right now it's fashion collages online, haha), download & listen to music & make playlists, go to concerts/shows, go to art museums/galleries, sleep, watch movies, cook & eat, draw when I have any inspiration, write bad poetry, read books and magazines (mostly fiction & psychology books & fashion/music mags), swim, shop, have good conversation, learn new languages, do nothing at all, do yoga, ride a bike, sip coffee, and daydream / think.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
right now I'm a just-reemployed ESL teacher. I'm on a year contract and I have no idea what I'll be doing 13 months from now.
In my free time I read, read stuff online, go on forums, sketch, watch stuff, and write. When I'm not depressed you can add hiking, cooking, and walking around thinking into the mix (one can see why percolating while depressed might not be productive).

I know another INFP who is a nanny and taught ESL for a while, too. She has no direction, or no motivation to go towards what she wants. Her free time seems to be made up of watching television.

I know a third INFP who is having trouble finishing up her BA seven years after she started it, who has no idea what she wants to do long term, who spends most of her time hiding from reality, and who will be and ESL teacher if she ever gets around to getting her paperwork in and finishing school. In her ample free time she writes fanfictions, watches anime, and collaborates with other fangirls online to stalk the members of certain Korean boy bands.

Manimal

MBTI Type
INFP
Job: home security tech, i like it!

spare time: fantasize about a better reality

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This thread is just beautiful...

Hang in there, people :hug:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm volunteering as a mentor for abused/neglected foster children.
I'm not working.. but my dream job would be an elementary teacher (grades 1-3)
And, of course, a mother.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Work: Computer Programmer (aka Software Architect)

Free time: Reading, computer games, online stuff, working out, writing (on occasion), fixing my extended family's computers yet again