User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INFJ or ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I find it easier hunting for Ni vs Ne. What approach does the person take in providing advice? The Ni dominant INFJ more often than not will start asking you questions to figure out what's going on. Whereas the Ne dominant ENFP will just jump right in with a general suggestion and move on from there.
    Other way around actually. Read about interaction styles. I for one always ask to know as much about the situation as possible, and I don't tell people what to do unless there's imporant values at stake.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by intuitiveadrenalinejunkie View Post
    does anyone know a sure-fire way to spot the difference between an enfp and an infj? an enfp in a bad mood can easily be more pedantic and introverted than an infj; and a downed infj can undoubtedly be more reckless and outgoing than an enfp would normally be.

thus, letters aside, anyone who has any golden clues on how to spot the difference in a heartbeat - or three?
    Why do you want to know?
    Just so you know, you can never see type in a heartbeat. Sorry. But you can figure it out over time.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I for one always ask to know as much about the situation as possible, and I don't tell people what to do unless there's imporant values at stake.
    Actually I do the exact same thing (except I'm not sure about the 'unless there's important values at stake' piece).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Why do you want to know?
    Just so you know, you can never see type in a heartbeat. Sorry. But you can figure it out over time.
    thanks for various feeback. you can see type in a heartbeat though - and it's fascinating! granted, some types are easier than others - but for example, some ISFP's i can spot just from looking at their face, especially female ISFPs... (not all female isfp's, but some...)

i dont intend to start a discussion on that though.

but as your comment earlier suggests, gabe, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding types and their behavior. i guess i formulated myself rather poorly, with the "in a heartbeat" thing - what i basically meant, was what are the defining differences between ENFP and INFJ - given that they can appear to be quite similar in certain circumstances. also picking up on what i belive [toonia] said somewhere, there seems to be a lot of INFJ's out there - perhaps too many; that is, there's a lot of confusion regarding what actually constitutes an INFJ - perhaps many of them are in fact ISFJ or ENFP and so forth...

thus, a clearer picture of what constitutes an INFJ would be appreciated - and though i sometimes recognize my fellow aliens within three opening words, others can be more elusive... thus, "how to spot an INFJ - and especially what constitutes the difference to an ENFP, should have been my question - "

cause that's what i'd like to know! =)
    "It is only in folk tales, children's stories, and the journals of intellectual opinion that power is used wisely and well to destroy evil. The real world teaches very different lessons, and it takes willful and dedicated ignorance to fail to perceive them."

- Noam Chomsky

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I find it easier hunting for Ni vs Ne. What approach does the person take in providing advice? The Ni dominant INFJ more often than not will start asking you questions to figure out what's going on. Whereas the Ne dominant ENFP will just jump right in with a general suggestion and move on from there.
    Both types ask a lot of questions. That simply comes from having dominant intuition. However Ni will tend to stay focused on one line of questioning while Ne will often jump from topic to topic and then back again.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Both types ask a lot of questions. That simply comes from having dominant intuition. However Ni will tend to stay focused on one line of questioning while Ne will often jump from topic to topic and then back again.
    Hmmm interesting... perhaps I'm getting stuff confused again. Heh! Thank you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Actually I do the exact same thing (except I'm not sure about the 'unless there's important values at stake' piece).
    You should probably re-look-into your type, to be honest. It sounds pretty clear that you prefer informing.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    INFJ's have a harder time verbalizing their thoughts (in speech, but not necessarily in print). ENFP's can be oblivious to risky situations, but I don't think you'll find that in an INFJ.
    DomNi does NOT mean that you never get caught off guard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Well, besides the obvious (though not always) talkative nature of the ENFP, I find the perceptual acuity of INFJs to be the most immediate signifier of type disposition.

Not to suggest the ENFP is not equally capable of parsing layers of deceit; the INFJ simply tends to internalize external "pollution" and engineer malady into personal vendetta beyond what I've understood to be typical ENFP traction.

I've also noticed a curious ability to abstract logic beyond what most might presume; this surehandedness with both sentiment and reason makes the INFJ a profound mix.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

DomNi does NOT mean that you never get caught off guard.
    Well I think that's a given for most INFJs... that nothing is absolute. Chances of being caught off guard is very small though. I think most of us are more likely to tend towards paranoia than anything else.