• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Cognitive Function Results - INFPs

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
INFPs: please post your results to this cognitive functions test.

Here are the results from the INTJs.

Here are the results from the ENTPs.

Here are the results from the ISFPs.

Here are the results from the ENFPs.

Here are the results from the ISFJs.

Here are the results from the ENFJs.

Here are the results from the INFJs.

Here are the results from the INTPs.

Here are the results from the ENTJs.

Here are the results from the ISTJs.

Here are the results from the ESFPs.

Here are the results from the ISTPs.

Here are the results from the ESFJs.

Here are the results from the ESTJs.

Here are the results from the ESTPs.

Thanks

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.7)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** (50.1)
excellent use

KDude

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.8)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.7)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************** (20.4)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************ (48.1)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is pretty typical for me. Si, Te, & Fe are usually about equal & always at the bottom. Often I score higher on Fi than Ne, but they're usually close. It depends on the test. I'm pretty sure I chose "exactly me" for every Fi question, so I'm not sure why Ne is higher.... It told me I am likely INFP, and then possibly ENFP or INTP.

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** (56.2) excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************ (53.9) excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (40.9) excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (36.2) excellent use

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (21.6) limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****** (11.3) unused

extraverted Thinking (Te) ***** (10.8) unused

introverted Sensing (Si) *** (8.9) unused
---------

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm noticing a lot of people score high on Fi, even if their type is not supposed to use it well. I think its because the Fi questions are pretty vague and applicable to many people, especially introverts. I mean, who would say no to this: "Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."

I liked the descriptions on this (old, not working) cognitive functions test:
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Think there's enough bias to go around? Possible types: intp, entp, istp.

extraverted Sensing (Se) (25)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) (22.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (38)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (34.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) (31)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) (43)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (18.8)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) (26)
average use

Serenes

MBTI Type
INFP
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.9)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.8)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12.6)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42.2)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.1)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ

KDude

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm noticing a lot of people score high on Fi, even if their type is not supposed to use it well. I think its because the Fi questions are pretty vague and applicable to many people, especially introverts. I mean, who would say no to this: "Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."

Yeah, I agree. Those Fi questions point to issues that people might underrate themselves more with. Also, I think when you have high Se and a lot of those gut feelings impulses - well.. it's Se. Fi is still different. It might be difficult to differentiate the two if you were SP, since a lot of behavior is kind of "body based", from what I read. Even for the Ti types.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I agree. Those Fi questions point to issues that people might underrate themselves more with. Also, I think when you have high Se and a lot of those gut feelings impulses - well.. it's Se. Fi is still different. It might be difficult to differentiate the two if you were SP, since a lot of behavior is kind of "body based", from what I read. Even for the Ti types.

Right...and you notice with those descriptions, there is no physical aspect directly connected to Fi, but Se is often described as connection to physical instincts. The idea of becoming mentally one with a physical element is interesting to me, but quite foreign.

I don't know how much I'd really call my Fi a gut instinct. I think there's only a physical aspect when its combined with emotion, which I imagine Fe types experience also. At most, there's a sort of atmospheric quality, but it's more mental than physical. It's just easier to describe with a physical metaphor, like your stomach plummeting or your heart in your throat whatever.

E

Epiphany

Damnit! I tried to take this test and got distracted. I haven't taken a personality test in over a year. It's hard to answer questions without a specific context.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** (50.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************** (17.7)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************************** (51.3)
excellent use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFP, or ENTP

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Theorist; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

Why does it say ENFP and dominant Function Ne when my score for Fi is actually slightly higher? And ENTP as alternative, really? Hahahah. And yeah, I am really extroverted :blush:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

Or maybe, cookie-cutter typological predictions aside, the individual person, whose uniqueness is what really matters ;) has nonetheless developed or values highly that aspect of their personality and cognition?

I agree that the descriptions are less ambiguous on the other test though. That one was actually working when I tried it last year, are you sure it's not any more?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************** (46.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.8)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (20)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INFP

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.4) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.2) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.1) average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (27.2) average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.1) good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.2) excellent use

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What do you think Synapse?

I'm too open and ended in possibilities, on occasion I've gotten INFJ and INTJ as well. I wonder whether the test needs more detail, some variables could have gone either way without much inclination or affinity to some aspects. It is possible I suppose, who knows when I'm entirely stress free I would assume there could be a borderline somewhere there though I tend to be highly perceptive and that would create an impasse.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.1)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or maybe, cookie-cutter typological predictions aside, the individual person, whose uniqueness is what really matters ;) has nonetheless developed or values highly that aspect of their personality and cognition?

I think they highly value whatever is described there (ie "own personal happiness" - again, who does not value that?), but not necessarily use the Fi thought process much or well. I think that may be true of the other function descriptions on the test also, not just Fi. It's not that I expect everyone to be typical of their type, it's that I don't think these tests gauge cognitive function use accurately.

I agree that the descriptions are less ambiguous on the other test though. That one was actually working when I tried it last year, are you sure it's not any more?

A year is a long time :D. You can try it, but it doesn't work for me now....

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.9)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************************** (53)
excellent use

Argh, Te, why must you elude me so?

KDude

^I might be a little "liberal" in saying I have over 20ish Te. It's kept to very minor activities. It's not beyond me to argue from evidence or in the case of actions, help someone automate some chore. "Do this and this in case of" and lay some out vague procedure.. like in a situation where I set up their computer or something.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^I might be a little "liberal" in saying I have over 20ish Te. It's kept to very minor activities. It's not beyond me to argue from evidence or in the case of actions, help someone automate some chore. "Do this and this in case of" and lay some out vague procedure.. like in a situation where I set up their computer or something.

It's just that Te seems so...painfully dull.