User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    It's just that Te seems so...painfully dull.
    Not to me. But I mean that in the sense that I don't always handle it maturely. Which is bad, but not dull. There were some things about this in Quenk's book on the inferior, how IFPs get pretty ornery with their Te sometimes..but find relief in it in minor activities. Investing my energy in it as a way of life is dull though, I agree. I feel bad for saying that though. I think I'm a Delta NF in Socionics, so I appreciate people who can help me on those levels. Same kind of goes for Keirsey who would list ENTJ as a good match for INFPs, INTJ for ENFP, etc.. who are another "quadra", but helpful and interesting to listen to. The Si-Te folks are cool too depending on the individual (and whatever Fi connection is there, I guess?).

MBTI
    INFP

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.3)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********* (9.9)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.8)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.1)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************ (12.2)
    unused
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************************** (40.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************* (49.9)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFP, or ENFJ

When I was taking this, I was thinking about the way I act at work, so I think that's why the E came out stronger than usual. At work I like to bounce my ideas off of someone, but in the rest on my life I prefer to mull over it myself. Interesting.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Think there's enough bias to go around? Possible types: intp, entp, istp.

extraverted Sensing (Se) (25)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) (22.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (38)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) (34.9)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) (31)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) (43)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) (18.8)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) (26)
    average use
    no offense, candylandjoe... but for some reason you always struck me as having lower Fi. perhaps you're more INTP?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The results came out not-infp probably because I've taken this test a few times already rather than from being not-infp. That said, I don't know or stay in contact with any e4s or infps who aren't relatives, as either I find their expressiveness tiresome or they give me the impression that I loom over as some frothing, paranoid threat.

e54 infps (specifically so/sp variant) have their nerves exposed, so every nuance, flinch, every shaky (imagine your eyes floating like fog from your physical head) glance; every damn action magnified. Either side either realizes or strongly respects how, where, and why the other values their energy and time spent. We're your ghosts of the enneagram.

e54 intps, on the other hand, are more reactive and self-indulgent, proceeding with plans simply for the mental stimulation, whereas we're more apt to examine a plan, formed opinion or idea for the longest time, silently marveling over its design, hence aren't as busied, concerned with direct application than experiencing and savoring psychological changes (I hesitate to say highly condensed feelings - or whether the savoring process itself is our entire Si harddrive taking the required time to rewire itself or not) that might accompany reaching such a conclusion.

So the restlessness, the liquid compulsiveness through which I sniff out novelty are, more than anything else, side effects of a particularly reflective Fi (also likely to be applicable to the e56::e54 shared experience, regarding Ti), maybe maintaining closer contact with inferior functions, but I've never completely bought into absolute order. I'd like to see genetics linked to typology to fractal geometry to every second pattern or internal, fleeting gesture that can't already be succinctly applied to words sometime.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Bah, who needs Te?

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.6)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.2)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.8)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.2)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.5)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.9)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Late to the party but oh well =)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.5)
    limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.3)
    average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.6)
    excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.4)
    good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.2)
    average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.4)
    average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.5)
    average use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.7)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.9)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.4)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12.5)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.9)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.8)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45)
    excellent use

Should I start developing my Te?

I'm pretty sure if you are INFP, it's already there to some extent.. you're just underrating it. Not that INFPs or ISFPs would ever be very Te like, but think of the ways where you might insist or use Te-like reasoning in some circumstances. It's not all about structure and organization or whatnot.

MBTI
    INFP

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.1)
    excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.4)
    excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35.3)
    good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.2)
    good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (27)
    average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.1)
    average use

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.2)
    limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISTJ

My Ne has had a spike in development, so I think that's why it came out on top in this test. I've just been more cognizant of when I'm using it lately.

MBTI
    INFP

Thank you for this thread! I'm learning more and more about cognitive functions everyday. When I predicted something about the movie 'The Tourist' while watching it, but couldn't really explain clearly to a friend how I arrived at my conclusion without first putting quite an effort into analysing the details in my head, I thought to myself, "Isn't that Ne?" Can anybody correct me if I'm wrong?