User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Well I am going to chime in.. Why are a lot these results not INFJ function results?
    I have spoken to at least one INFJ, every day for over two years now.
    I have been very close to a few INFJs , including romantically.
    I observe INFJs for fun

SO Please believe me when I say .. It's not the test.. It' not everyone else. It's you.

For all your incredible insight, piercing observations and near flawless open minded interpretations of things and people around you, most of you are in complete denial about yourselves.

Just my two cents.

Love ya's all
    Disclaimer: I am not an INFJ spokesperson by any stretch of the imagination but I agree with Arclight. Maybe it's just because I have been having these self-evaluation problems lately and so I am determined to blame it on type, but it does seem consistent with what I have heard about INFJs.

It's so frustrating, I can't see myself objectively (Need to develop Se/Ti?)! It took me long enough to realize that, and I still don't fully realize the extent to my blindness. I kept taking the test and getting the same wrong result, and finally I realized it was my fault. But I don't know how to fight it, at all. I keep groping around blindly in the dark and in my frustration, I try to blame it on some external factor. But it's me. Sometimes I wish everyone who knew me told me every flaw I have or misdeed I have done, so I could get some sort of reliable picture of myself. I am having shadow issues, and I don't know how to shed light on them.

ARGH! Inarticulate rage!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Arclight

Well I am going to chime in.. Why are a lot these results not INFJ function results?
    I observe INFJs for fun

SO Please believe me when I say .. It's not the test.. It' not everyone else. It's you.

For all your incredible insight, piercing observations and near flawless open minded interpretations of things and people around you, most of you are in complete denial about yourselves.

Just my two cents.
    Sounds like an ENFP comment, in my opinion but it's true. for me it stems from no being able to understand myself. My personal boundaries aren't as rigid as other people's so I get what I view about other people mixed up with how I view myself. It's Fe.

How many of those INFJs were female? There seems to be quite a difference between Male/Female INFJs.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    None of my results remotely fit INFJ, although I'm pretty comfortably sure that I am that. According to the test I am a Fi dom, have limited use of Ni, lots of Ne and limited use of Fe and Ti. I get different results every time I take the test too.
    I found the test itself to be a bit maddening - I couldn't figure out what several of the questions were even asking. It also occurs to me that it requires the test taker to be able to make determinations about their own thought processes, which I think inevitably leads to distortion. For example, I really don't think that I use Ne to the extent that my results suggest, and certainly not more than I use Ni, which is truly my dominant function. I think instead that I just happen to NOTICE when I use Ne because it results in a notable "aha" moment that sticks with me longer. In contrast, I use Ni almost constantly so it's hard for me to even identify it as a specific cognitive process. It's just there, if that makes sense.
    I've always had a problem with these cognitive function tests. I've wondered before if maybe- the way Ni makes things implode with different possible meanings- difficulty with answering the questions might be Ni related. And from the looks of this thread (confusion with the questions, test results being all over the place- moreso than other types' threads), there might be something to that- though the INTJs don't seem to have the same problem. It might be something specific to the way Fe unpacks Ni information, maybe the way Te does it leaves less ambiguity with language? Dunno.

Also, and I saw this mentioned in one of the other types' threads by someone else, the Ni questions suck. They're phrased in such a way that it seem like the question is about mystical characteristics. And I, for one, actually get annoyed by the association between Ni and mystical powers (that association discredits Ni insight, imo). When I take a cognitive functions test, I can recognize the questions about Ni and re-shape them to be about something not mystical. In other words: I can totally see how other Ni doms might take this test and get low Ni scores.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Default my everchanging results from 2010

Winter
    Ni - 37.4
    Fe - 33.5
    Si - 29.5
    Ne - 29.4
    Ti - 28.5
    Fi - 28.4
    Te - 28.4
    Se - 25.5

Ni - 39.9
    Ne - 35.9
    Fe - 31.1
    Fi - 30
    Si - 28.1
    Te - 26.9
    Ti - 25.7
    Se - 22.8
    Ni - 39.2
    Fe - 36.6
    Ne - 35.3
    Fi - 33.4
    Te - 30.2
    Si - 26.6
    Ti - 22.9
    Se - 16
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ

Sometimes I wish everyone who knew me told me every flaw I have or misdeed I have done, so I could get some sort of reliable picture of myself. I am having shadow issues, and I don't know how to shed light on them.
    It seems just as, or perhaps more, likely that a reliable picture of yourself would be more positive than you assume. I think we tend to be pretty hard on ourselves.

But yeah, I have no idea how people perceive me. I always feel like I'm playing that game where everyone holds a playing card face up on their forehead, so you can see everyone else's value but not your own.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I found my results change significantly over time as well.

Sometimes I wonder what will happen if we ask people who know us well and have them answer the questions for us based on their impression of who we are. If you take an average from say 5-6 people... would that be a better reflection of who we are?
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Sounds like an ENFP comment, in my opinion but it's true. for me it stems from no being able to understand myself. My personal boundaries aren't as rigid as other people's so I get what I view about other people mixed up with how I view myself. It's Fe.

How many of those INFJs were female? There seems to be quite a difference between Male/Female INFJs.
    Almost all of them were females.. Yes It's very possible I am an ENFP.. My own function results from this test were.. Fe,Ni,Fi,Ne
    I am an intuitive feeler.. we know that much..

I observe INFJs for fun
    Almost all of them were females.
    Lucky!

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think it is interesting to hear that many INFJs say tha they don't feel like they have an accurate perception of themselves. i know for me that a lot of my own self-perceptions are rooted in what people mirror back to me. Over the years, I've just averaged all of the images together to come up with a basic overall impression.

I agree about the questions. I found myself interpreting them in one of several very different ways, that would change my answer from one end of the spectrum to the other. I wished there was someone that I could ask to clarify some of it.

I also identify with what you said Z Buck about Ni. I don't see my Ni as being mystical at all. I don't get a lot of premonitions or have ESP like episodes.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I agree about the questions. I found myself interpreting them in one of several very different ways, that would change my answer from one end of the spectrum to the other. I wished there was someone that I could ask to clarify some of it.
    Yeah, a more specific context for practically any of those questions could throw my answer to one extreme or the other. It's like answering the question "Do you like the color blue?" It's completely relative: I love it for some things, strongly dislike it for others. So I end up answering 'somewhat me' for most of them. As a result, overall, I usually don't feel like I've answered anything about myself for these tests- as if I've only answered by not answering, if that makes sense. And as I stated earlier, maybe that's the point, but I just don't see how that can yield a very accurate assessment.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari