User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram

My data sucks, feel free to ignore. It says ENTP, so maybe it's right. But I didn't score like most ENTPs (High Se, slightly lower Fe than Si, sometimes more Ti than Ne and highish Fi). I am poor at self-evaluation tests and always score too high on everything. It's probably because I have no Fi.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************* (49.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.6)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.4)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.7)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.7)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************** (15.9)
    unused

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP
    If not, consider: INTP or ENFJ

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I do find this interesting, as I would expect to get a very similar typical pattern of results. (My raw scores might differ a bit to yours, but they only really illustrate trends/preferences anyway, it's not as though they're inherently quantifiable. I differ with myself on that basis too!) The only real difference is that I would expect to consistently score higher on Si and lower on Se than you.
    I've taken the cog. processes test so many times over the past couple of years.... Ni, Fi, and Ne are pretty much always in the top three, with Si at the bottom, and the scores for the other four do tend to flip flop and vary whenever I take the test - not significantly, though. Fe I think has always been below 30, as has Te, but every now and then Ti or Se goes above 30.

Heh, I hover around a similar conclusion to this, presumably for similar reasons. It seems to drive people crazy when they're trying to work out "What type" I am in MBTI terms though! Do you feel that you identify with INFJ as your type overall, despite your reservations?
    When I interact with INFJ's in real life, yes, I think it's the best fit for me. I have so much in common with other INFJ's. On the other hand, I get along well with the few INTJ's I've known too; I find their perspectives/approach perfectly reasonable, and am not sure we differ all that much except for maybe presentation of ideas/self (which one could argue would be an aspect of the Te/Fe difference).

Personally I feel that I'm quite aware of what I "do" and how that correlates with function theory, but am not necessarily comfortable trying to match those tendencies with a specific MBTI type (because I don't have a personal need to identify with one, and I don't seem to fulfil enough purely objective criteria to fit one). Hence my tendency to give anything but a straightforward answer if someone asks!
    haha! Well, I feel like I have pretty good self awareness and know who I am, but yeah, it can be hard to match that up with one and only one type. When it comes to type descriptions, frankly I don't relate hugely to the INFJ descriptions (I don't feel as.. virtuous/people-oriented as described) - whereas in my early 20's I remember thinking the INTJ profile descriptions were totally me. I think I'm kind of an even mix of people-bent and systems-bent, honestly. But in the end, I too am to a point where I don't particularly care anymore what I am - mbti hasn't helped me a whole lot regarding growth or anything - it's merely put names to things, which can be helpful in discussion, but at the same time can convolute things at times. I leave INFJ as my type on here mostly because people on HERE think that's what I am. And, that's fine by me. (And, as I said above, I don't have a particularly great reason for thinking I'm not an INFJ - I'm just a peculiar breed, being 5w4 and pretty introverted on the introversion scale) I've often thought mbti is more 'useful' when trying to type others and then working on relationships with others based on what one thinks those others' types are, rather than it being 'useful' for self-knowledge.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

I've often thought mbti is more 'useful' when trying to type others and then working on relationships with others based on what one thinks those others' types are, rather than it being 'useful' for self-knowledge.
    I resonate with that. When I first found out my MBTI/INFJ professions list, it hit me over the head, because I had already done many of them. More than anything, just confirming what I already know to be true, and revealing more strengths to build on that I didn't realize I should attempt. Now that I've studied up on my own type and am content with it, it's become a hobby typing others with INFJ's NI FE to gain even more knowledge about the people around me so I can better understand them.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.5)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.3)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.6)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.5)
    average use

The thing Ive noticed about Fe is that the definition that is used relates better to certain enneagram types or just SFJ or EFJ types. 'Group harmony~~~!' is a secondary thing to work for for an INFJ. We can feel the disharmony, but unless we feel the need to fix it we would rather just distance ourselves from the situation. We work better one person at a time, and that is where our Fe is used the best.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********** (10.1)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.3)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.6)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.5)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************** (44.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.6)
    average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.6)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33.6)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12.4)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.7)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.8)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I have such an un-INFJ profile...

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.1)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.7)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.7)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.9)
    average use
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

None of my results remotely fit INFJ, although I'm pretty comfortably sure that I am that. According to the test I am a Fi dom, have limited use of Ni, lots of Ne and limited use of Fe and Ti. I get different results every time I take the test too.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    None of my results remotely fit INFJ, although I'm pretty comfortably sure that I am that. According to the test I am a Fi dom, have limited use of Ni, lots of Ne and limited use of Fe and Ti. I get different results every time I take the test too.
    I found the test itself to be a bit maddening - I couldn't figure out what several of the questions were even asking. It also occurs to me that it requires the test taker to be able to make determinations about their own thought processes, which I think inevitably leads to distortion. For example, I really don't think that I use Ne to the extent that my results suggest, and certainly not more than I use Ni, which is truly my dominant function. I think instead that I just happen to NOTICE when I use Ne because it results in a notable "aha" moment that sticks with me longer. In contrast, I use Ni almost constantly so it's hard for me to even identify it as a specific cognitive process. It's just there, if that makes sense.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Well I am going to chime in.. Why are a lot these results not INFJ function results?
    I have spoken to at least one INFJ, every day for over two years now.
    I have been very close to a few INFJs , including romantically.
    I observe INFJs for fun

SO Please believe me when I say .. It's not the test.. It' not everyone else. It's you.

For all your incredible insight, piercing observations and near flawless open minded interpretations of things and people around you, most of you are in complete denial about yourselves.

Just my two cents.

Love ya's all