User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 214

  1. #61
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    This is so unbelievably irrational that even an ENFP wouldn't do it.

    I love it.

    ESTP?

  2. #62
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    As for the B, not a big deal unless you needed the A for some other reason.
    Yeah, I got a B+ this semester, and I know exactly why, and it doesn't matter. As long as you have above a 3.5, you should be fine, and have no need to worry.

  3. #63
    Senior Member MafiaAngel180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes in that special Sesame Street way.
    I should punch you just for saying that. With my lips.

  4. #64
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This is so unbelievably irrational that even an ENFP wouldn't do it.

    I love it.

    ESTP?
    TG reminds me of my sister. She cant take failure well. Plus she got that black and white thinking a lot of the time aswell. My sister thinks shes ENFP

  5. #65
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Omg, I didn't fail.

    You guys seriously? First of all there is no way you can possibly tell if I am right or wrong in questioning my grade by reading emails alone.

    You would have had to attend the class, seen the work of others submitted, the quality of my work, and the interactions between myself and the professor.

    I am pretty sure she is a ditz, and know for a fact she is not remembering correctly. So while she may have been convincing in her arguments, they were based off of subjective misinformation.

    No one sees that?

    Anyway, how this pertains. She was flaky throughout the entire class. She was inconsistent and obviously needs ginko biloba. Also this "so professional" college course point is shit. I seriously was in a class with people who did their assignments while cussing during their presentations, or not doing them at all. A few I actually think had mental disabilities.

    So it just doesn't add up. I read these peoples work.

    But, whatever its over she is a bitch. I know I am right, and she is stubbornly chosing to stay wrong.

    Now everyone bust out your N. The reason this pertains to the thread,

    In the first email I clearly provided reasons as to why she should reconsider the quality of my work, and asked her to think about it.

    She didn't understand my clear intent and automatically assigned shady motives to my position. She responded that I was looking for her to assign points to a paper never submitted or to add points on a multiple choice assignment, and didn't even stop to consider she was wrong regarding late work. She grades in two color ink, is NOT proof that she wasn't mistaken.

    So instead of addressing the point of the email she made up this other point for me to respond to.

    I corrected her perception of my intentions, and instead of using that to take a step back and reconsider the original letter, it had already become an issue of who was wrong and who was right.

    She brought up false points, like how this is a psychological issue for me, or that I may have had trouble taking a hybrid class. How she wasn't wrong, and took the moral high ground, as though I was being unreasonable.

    All this because I asked her to reconsider my work.

    Yeah, I became frustrated. By the end I could care less about the grade, I just wanted her to stop making false assumptions, and stating inaccurate information. It was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

    The issue never was addressed regarding the quality of my work.

    Btw, this was a communications professor. How is that for irony?


    Now, as an NT had a student approached me with the same email, this would have been my response.


    Hello,

    I understand your frustration on those particular assignments. If you could forward me a sample of your work submitted in the class as a reminder, I will consider your position, although I would like you to know I am not usually inclined to alter a grade once it has been submitted.

    Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

    TG

    Then I would have responded back with one of these.

    After considering your work, I have decided that the quality was not sufficient enough to reconsider my opinion of your overall success in the class.

    After considering your work, I do agree that the value was sufficient, however, as I stated before, I am not inclined to change a grade once it has been submitted. if you would like to re take the course during a more opportune time, I can reassess your work then.

    Or

    After considering your work I do believe you demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of the class and its content enough to exceed the minor setbacks you faced or the doubt of whether the assignments were late. I will be adjusting your grade to compensate for this point.



    The point is, I was not being unreasonable in my request. But you can't reason with an ENFP. What should have been a painless issue, turned into a drama for no reason what so ever.

  6. #66
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am sorry, did I seem unusually pissed off?
    In vent, you absolutely were pissed. You said it yourself like.. 3 times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well give a better one. Here: ENFPs often have that high-pitch giggling that drives you crazy. :steam:


    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Omg, I didn't fail.

    The point is, I was not being unreasonable in my request. But you can't reason with an ENFP. What should have been a painless issue, turned into a drama for no reason what so ever.
    1. You didn't fail. You got a B. It's a damn good grade. 95% of all scholarships only require 3.5 GPA on. You'll be fine. The more credits you take, the less and less weighty that B becomes. In long run, no one sees "You got a B in x." They see "Bachelors degree in x."
    2. You started the drama, you have about a gazillion people telling you that every point you're making is just digging yourself an even more emotionally charged, illogical hole and you're insisting it's just the type that you can're reason with because it's easier to think that way. Which is fine, but don't get mad when people tell you you're being narrow-minded. You're saying something that's illogical, and people NF and NT alike are pointing it out. It's not an NF to NT miscommunication. It's an emotional block that's causing the miscommunication. The situation is common sense.
    3. I think you should go back to saying "Well, what else can I say?" about the situation. You've explained your point for days now. And no one is any more convinced. I was convinced you needed to go higher before I got the detailed emails and such.. Now, I'm in the opposite direction. I'm easier to understand the student before I am the instructor, because the student pays for this shit and I've been through bad professors and crappy systems. I know how it is, trust me. The professor just isn't at fault. Only a fraction of it is your fault according to you.. but that still means that fraction costed you consideration, and thus your grade. Chill out and enjoy having a B. It's a good grade.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  7. #67
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default


  8. #68
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

    Okay, this is the typical interaction between myself and an ENFP:

    Normal Day....

    ENFP starts doing or saying something dumb, I start assessing whether or not it is worth correcting, and decide it is petty.

    I keep going about my business, they keep saying or doing the same thing, as confidently and oblivious as ever.

    It starts to feel like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, but I let it go...whatever.

    Then something changes, and the little thing they were doing or saying before, that wasn't a big deal, suddenly is a bigger deal. That is when the conversation starts.
    For the sake of my further points, I will call this portion ENFP existence.

    TG: Lol, I hate to point this out to you but....
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    At first I thought it Was maybe one or two extreme cases, but now...sheesh.

    What is wrong with you guys, how can you honestly go through life thinking the way you do!

    It is to the point if I even remotely suspect you may be an ENFP I will instantly feel disturbed by your presence...

    The thing is, the ENFP behavior is so universal I can predict the exact reactions, conversations, and issues that will come up.


    I don't want to hate a type but...jesus christ!


    ENFP: Lol... No...*smile*

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    What did I do now?

    P.S.

    It's *nobody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    with all due respect thatgirl-It's because I think you really an ENTP. I figure that's okay to say since you were that before you were an ENTJ or an INTJ.

    And yeah ENFPs and ENTPs will piss each ohter off as we both extrovert the shit that is mutually incomprehensible.

    I love my ENTP though but we both mutually enjoy insulting our perspective judging functions and ridiculously inept outlooks on life.

    Hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I have said that she is ENTP many, many times because of our petty disagreements in vent and the fact that others around us see similarities in our behavior; I remember once thinking that she was like a T version of me.

    It would also explain why she can't decided if she's an introvert or extrovert.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I love the idea of ENFPs inadvertently creating consequences. It implies we're guileless and have no intentions.

    Suuure. You keep thinkin' that.

    TG: Yes, for these reasons.......See?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol at the typing errors.


    Okay, this is the typical interaction between myself and an ENFP:

    Normal Day.......
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Okay

    This was my letter.

    This was the response

    Does no one else see this?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Original post and response.

    Then it went like this:

    Then this response,

    Followed by my previously submitted responses.

    I am open to analysis.

    ENFP: You're obviously saying that because *insert insanely evil motive or intent*
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    "I'm a single mom" is not an excuse in college for not having a textbook. Everyone in college is a single mom or dad. How would the professor ever know if you truly were one or not? People lie all the time. "My grandma died, thats why I wasn't in the review! PLEASE email it to me!" You basically said "I had no textbook, I was late on assignments or didn't do them, but I deserve to have my grade botched even though I didn't give you 100%."

    You're smart TG. If you had tried, you would have gotten an A. But you didn't, so you didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I have said that she is ENTP many, many times because of our petty disagreements in vent and the fact that others around us see similarities in our behavior; I remember once thinking that she was like a T version of me.

    It would also explain why she can't decided if she's an introvert or extrovert.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This isn't very INTJ of you.

    No, not at all.


  9. #69
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I would like to point out, that I could have done this for every sentence in the post regarding how a typical conversation between myself and an ENFP tends to go, but I was unsure if I could post such a large one. Plus, I didn't really see the benefit of taking the time to organize it, I think you can see the main idea from this example.

    This pretty much makes my entire analysis, on their type, my understanding of the interactions, and the op pretty accurate.

    So to get back on track.

    How do I fix this? Or why is it like this with you guys? What do you people want from me! Lol. Lets get into the psychology of it now.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I don't know what went on in vent, or what it all has to do with typology, but my impression is that this teacher is not remembering accurately, does not even follow up on her own word, was somewhat lackadaisical (and you can tell her I said so) about various things that would have made a difference to ThatGirl, and has got a generally flaky edge to her that's unfortunate in someone who has power over you. I get from ThatGirl that if she worked hard and felt she'd earned a B+, she could accept that fine, but being asked to accept it because of circumstances she and the teacher do not agree on is a really difficult adjustment. Whether it's politic or not to press a teacher to that extent is another thing, but IMO it's always worth a shot. Sorry it didn't work out.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] What can an INFP (me) do to attract an ENFP (him)?
    By grapesoda in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 10:46 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 11:09 PM
  3. People who just HAVE to be nice piss me off
    By sketchymcsketcherson in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO