User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

ThatGirl

"I'm a single mom" is not an excuse in college for not having a textbook.
    Maybe not, but it IS an excuse for why I registered for classes within certain hours..

Which is what "single mom" pertained to.

The text, I went over in chat.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Go back and re read the original (final) text.
    HERE, in the email, you are saying "If you feel I deserved that grade, what more can I say?" But it is obviously not how you truly feel at all, because of your anger in Vent. I am saying that what you faked in that email is how you're suppose to feel. You have three things you admit to being 'at fault' on.. you doing well on MOST of the stuff is what a "B" means. You didn't make the extra effort to get that "perfect" grade, or you couldn't for whatever reason, and because you weren't perfect you didn't get it. But a B is a "You did well, you understood the material and worked hard." That is what it means. That is what you did. You're angry for no reason.

Instead, you're saying you acknowledge you did most of the work.. but you want her to look at the work you did do and have it somehow make up for the work you slipped up on. "The goal of my e-mail was to shed a little light on my three failures in the class (my lowest grade, the mid-term, and the absent assignment), and ask you to compare them against the value of my overall work." That's all this says. "Look, Im not a BAD student.. I just slipped up a bit." But slipping up a bit is not the teacher's responsibility to cover you for. Even if you have good reasons for why the assignments weren't done, it doesn't matter. They weren't done. I had a very frustrating and annoying professor that did not cooperate with me at all.. and I got a B as well this semester. It's over. The grade I got is what I deserved, whether I feel I do or not. It doesn't matter what my feelings are. The grade and my performance is all that matters. Everything else is subjective. You're asking for subjective consideration on an objective grade. Which is fine, but it's up to her if she does that or not. And she didn't. So move on.

Perfectgirl: The single mom stuff comes from the part here: "It required a partner, and time taken out of business hours. First of all, I don't have friends I can call favors on. Most of them are very busy, and I myself, work full time, am a single mother of a four year old boy, and outside of campus class time, usually work on my assignments after 10pm at night." No one cares. That is really harsh to say.. because people should, to me. I know it's a difficult job.. raising me with TWO people was difficult! but they don't. The professor CAN'T. There are too many single people in college for them to care. It'd be impossible. We hear this excuse in the army all the time, and it just can't fly or people would get away with murder.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This. I'm an NT and a professor. You seem to be the one reacting emotionally to this, TG, expecting your professor to give you special treatment due to your life circumstances. When you sign up for a class, you're expected to have the text and complete the assignments, even if you have kids. Even if you work fulltime. If you can't fulfill any of the requirements, it's not your teacher's responsibility to accommodate you, though she can choose to have mercy on your situation. It's certainly not your teacher's responsibility to place a text in the library, to provide you with a partner, to accept late assignments, or to alter the assignment to accommodate you. Let me tell you, out of 28 students in any given class, about 25 of them have "special circumstances." Your teacher would never get anything done if she had to flex for all of them.

I don't see any evidence of your teacher being irrational or emo here.
    First of all, I never asked my professor to allow me special treatment, though this is enlightening.

I did receive a B in anatomy, with a professor who was very much T. I adjusted my schedule knowing the ropes. I also was like in the worst time of my entire life. I still managed a B. Didn't complain. Accepted it.

I am saying this to shed some light on the type of student I am. That I do not take education lightly.

This particular professor stated to communicate with them, and I did. Had I otherwise been informed, she even stated *had I communicated with her* it would have been different.

ThatGirl

Mon, I approached her before hand, on all three points.

I owned my part, but there were other factors.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Getting a B is not a bad grade at all for not having a textbook and having late assignments. I'd be happy with it and let it go if I were you.
    My thought exactly. I had trouble completing several assignments for one course due to my work shifts, and I was almost certain I would fail. Amazingly I got a B- since I did so well on the quizzes and tests, and well I didn't raise hell about it.

There are several reasons to rant about ENFPs, getting a B+ isn't one of them.

ThatGirl

Reminder: I was asked to give an example.

I am sorry, did I seem unusually pissed off?

Does that even make sense to the thread title?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Reminder: I was asked to give an example.
    Yes. And it was officially demanded.

Sniffles

Well give a better one. Here: ENFPs often have that high-pitch giggling that drives you crazy. :steam:

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't giggle. I'm evil and morbid.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by MafiaAngel180 View Post
    I don't giggle. I'm evil and morbid.
    Yes in that special Sesame Street way.