User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I want to point out, that even in writing this letter, yes I felt uncomfortable. I have never disputed a grade before, ever.

Once again, taking such a leap to question a professors decision, my goal was to provide clear data as to the situation.

Showcasing how I was consistent in putting in my best effort, even despite obvious set backs. That the quality of my work was good, even if it shouldn't have been (not having a text book for the mid term).

That I am a person of integrity, not just trying to get ahead by whatever means possible. So one cannot claim I am simply asking her to fudge my grade.

The goal was to produce the idea of WHY my claim against my grade was worth taking another look at. As a teacher, I would never look at someones grade who just said, I disagree. I would just answer, well that sucks.

I was hoping that in seeing the effort, consistency, and doing generally well despite set backs, it may create some doubt as to why I suddenly received marks so low.

It makes no sense, that I suddenly would have produced poor work for no reason, when even when there were good reasons, I still did well.

That doesn't seem off to anyone else.

Like hmmm that's kind of fishy, that all off a sudden a 35/35 paper writer turns in a 17 point assignment? If there were reasons, like I was flakey, not taking the class seriously, or disregarding my assignments or responsibilities, that would make sense.

That wasn't the case ever, so that is what I tried to show.

Could I have worded it better, sure, in hindsight.

The other point is that when I am that frustrated, and have addressed an issue SEVERAL other times with no, wait, negative results, the LAST thing I am looking for is to be soothed.

If I wanted to FEEL better about the grade, I would have gone home and licked my own wounds.

If she had put the effort she put into being soothing, into looking into the content, I wouldn't have gotten even more pissed off.

As it was my actual concern was being ignored. I could care less how either of us feel about it.

If you look at my cognitive functions scores posted in the INTJ thread, you will see that I do use higher Ti than Te.

So if I used weird functions during this interactions, it makes sense.

I am not an ENTP though.

Besides, I am sort of sick about debating my type since almost everyone has a different idea of it. It seems like ENTP is the psychosomatic illness of type. If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it must be an ENTP.

When you put me against real entps like Timeless or Entropy you can see I am nothing like then and obviously lack the Fe.
    Heh. Really?

If you would just agree to be ESTP, then the whole doing, promoting, negotiating trip you've been working on this teacher wouldn't have to be out there marring the fine INTJ brand we've all got going back here.

It's all the integrity and the feeling that's screaming iz not INTJ. You've got the feeling out there, demanding attention, expecting reciprocation. It's all floating around the place, meant to dictate to this poor excuse for an educator that she's supposed to meet you half way. (And then you close the trap and she's suckered into doing the right thing.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Heh. Really?

If you would just agree to be ESTP, then the whole doing, promoting, negotiating trip you've been working on this teacher wouldn't have to be out there marring the fine INTJ brand we've all got going back here.

It's all the integrity and the feeling that's screaming iz not INTJ. You've got the feeling out there, demanding attention, expecting reciprocation. It's all floating around the place, meant to dictate to this poor excuse for an educator that she's supposed to meet you half way. (And then you close the trap and she's suckered into doing the right thing.)
    What you said sounds like Fe to me

Fine INTJ brand? Is that why a male INTJ entered a thread to tell another male INTJ:

" I just wanted to tell you I think you're disgusting. Have a nice day."

ThatGirl

Heh. Really?

I never realized integrity was type related. By all means, please refer me to the type, you believe, actually has some.

MBTI
    INTJ

ENFPs?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

ThatGirl

I don't see it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ well, that's been obvious since your first post, hasn't it?

kalach does have a point though. i'm not saying that all ENFPs have integrity or that ESTPs don't, or any such generalization, but he has a good point about how you've handled the situation in a way rather foreign to what would seem to be typical Te and Fi usage.

relatedly... ENFP integrity, at least, would certainly seem to be anchored in Fi. my guess, types' integrity tends to lie in their top J function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar
    Fine INTJ brand? Is that why a male INTJ entered a thread to tell another male INTJ:
    that does sound like typical Te and Fi usage. brief and genuine... though not particularly suave, lol.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

That's INTJ dry humor right there.

It's not for everyone.

MBTI
    INTJ

Where did that "you're disgusting" post happen? I remember seeing it but forget where and it's not showing up on search. I also remember thinking at the time that there were usurpers and brand assassins at the gates again.

And Kalach does not have a point about ENFPs having integrity. He was making a joke inasmuch as this thread's eponymous "ENFP" has caused distress upset irritation for ThatGirl by refusing to alter a judgment, and since such a refusal has at least the form of "integrity", being as it is a resistance to external influence, then we have here a humorous juxtaposition of some sort. But I forget what sort.

Boy meets Grr

ThatGirl

If that was integrity, people need to increase the quality of the principles they stand on.