User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

ThatGirl

I want to add, if you strip away all the crap, like the fact I have dated mostly EPs and tend to soak up characteristics I respect, learned behavior, demographics, circumstances, and experience, from my personality as I have; the only constant is that I am very much an Ni Fi user.

Of which I am certain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ not trying to offend you, just an observation. I don't know about the convos on your type in the past, just an nod to the moment, and not to obscure my own message. Sorry if it was unwelcome.

It's not about soothing how you feel. If you wanted to get your concern taken seriously and NOT your emotions, oxymoronically, you had to leave the emotions at the door in your letter. Totally work through your internal irritation before writing and subsequently again before sending the e-mail. Read skylights letter; it's appropriately deferential and conciliatory to the professor. It stands a higher chance of being addressed than you telling the prof she's incompetent. It gets the point across without disrespect. And sure, it's easier to write this from the vantage point of the outside observer, but that's exactly how you need to be in a situation like this.

I know you think and believe you are right, and you indeed may be, but that's irrelevant when trying to be taken seriously in this situation to get your foot in the door on it, so to speak. Even using the phrase, "with all due respect" implies you are ready to say something pretty disrespectful to the listener. So do what you have to do to be in the correct frame of mind to write a letter like this - exercise, punch some pillows, meditate. Then write. Then leave it for a day. Then read it again. Distill the message; erase the annoyance still evident in the words. Leave it again for an hour, half a day. Read it again. Read it out loud.

Anyways, good luck in your future courses, don't be too hard on yourself here.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTP

Yep, skylights' letter is exactly what needed to be said in order to point out the inconsistencies without bringing an undercurrent of resentment in, comparing yourself to others (which implies that the teacher was stupid for not realizing the others were cheating and kind of weakens your case because you're bringing in "evidence" that doesn't really relate to the quality of the work you actually did), or alienating the teacher. It is far more likely to get the result you were looking for, no matter the teacher's MBTI type. I'd have responded well to it as an NT.
    Something Witty

If you're certain of Ni and Fi usage, there are 4 types you might be:

ENTJ = Te>Ni>Se>Fi
    INTJ = Ni>Te>Fi>Se
    ESFP = Se>Fi>Te>Ni
    ISFP = Fi>Se>Ni>Te

Not going to post my opinion of which one you might be.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I want to point out, that even in writing this letter, yes I felt uncomfortable. I have never disputed a grade before, ever.

Once again, taking such a leap to question a professors decision, my goal was to provide clear data as to the situation.

Showcasing how I was consistent in putting in my best effort, even despite obvious set backs. That the quality of my work was good, even if it shouldn't have been (not having a text book for the mid term).

That I am a person of integrity, not just trying to get ahead by whatever means possible. So one cannot claim I am simply asking her to fudge my grade.

The goal was to produce the idea of WHY my claim against my grade was worth taking another look at. As a teacher, I would never look at someones grade who just said, I disagree. I would just answer, well that sucks.

I was hoping that in seeing the effort, consistency, and doing generally well despite set backs, it may create some doubt as to why I suddenly received marks so low.

It makes no sense, that I suddenly would have produced poor work for no reason, when even when there were good reasons, I still did well.

That doesn't seem off to anyone else.

Like hmmm that's kind of fishy, that all off a sudden a 35/35 paper writer turns in a 17 point assignment? If there were reasons, like I was flakey, not taking the class seriously, or disregarding my assignments or responsibilities, that would make sense.

That wasn't the case ever, so that is what I tried to show.

Could I have worded it better, sure, in hindsight.

The other point is that when I am that frustrated, and have addressed an issue SEVERAL other times with no, wait, negative results, the LAST thing I am looking for is to be soothed.

If I wanted to FEEL better about the grade, I would have gone home and licked my own wounds.

If she had put the effort she put into being soothing, into looking into the content, I wouldn't have gotten even more pissed off.

As it was my actual concern was being ignored. I could care less how either of us feel about it.

If you look at my cognitive functions scores posted in the INTJ thread, you will see that I do use higher Ti than Te.

So if I used weird functions during this interactions, it makes sense.

I am not an ENTP though.

Besides, I am sort of sick about debating my type since almost everyone has a different idea of it. It seems like ENTP is the psychosomatic illness of type. If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it must be an ENTP.

When you put me against real entps like Timeless or Entropy you can see I am nothing like then and obviously lack the Fe.
    It's faulty to say you are nothing like Timeless or Entropie and that proves you aren't ENTP, because you are also nothing like Edgar, Invisible Jim, Zarathustra, Uumlau, or Userhername (all INTJs).

And don't say you're like Provoker, because there's something wrong with him that has nothing to do with INTJ-ness.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

the only one's i've had problems with are the insecure ENFP's. and i've experienced a few different insecure/unhealthy ENFP's... but i've been around many more ENFP's that i love and cherish as well.

ha. but it is funny, no one has quite pissed me off like an ENFP. but i'm referring to only one and refuse to let this one askew my view on all the other wonderful ENFP's that are out there as well. me and my friends refer to this one particular ENFP as a perpetual line stepper.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

ThatGirl

Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread. I think it is a little passed beating a dead horse as I have nothing further to contribute, so I will wrap it up.

To skylights, thanks, very informative. Honestly, I don't see HOW people could take what I said that way, but I do understand where it may happen.

One of my weaknesses is actually meeting other people on their level, and speaking in a way that resonates well with them. One of my frustrations, is that I even have to. I don't always expect people to alter their approach to my personal preferences (which would be clear), I try to look at more what is being said than the way.

After further considering the points of the thread, I do believe I tried to speak to the teacher in a way I thought she would hear. Which was obviously massive fail.

I have no idea why I do that. It is weird. I have even noticed this; when I think I have written brilliant posts, they come back less than appreciated. When I think I have short cut my way through a post, it gets all the raves in the world. There is obviously something wrong with what I see as valuable content vs. others.

If I were to analyze my own writing, I would say the first letter took an Ni approach through establishing a wide base for my arguments leading to one conclusion, the second a Te approach through clarification, the third an Fi approach by stating my dissatisfaction.

I assume people would like to go the same route I would take or that it somehow shows my respect for their position.

Obviously this is wrong, and not working for me.

To peacebaby, very informative.

To tallulah, you remind me of my anatomy teacher, who this would never have been an issue to begin with. She stated loud and clear, what she was and was not going to accept and expected.

To metaphor, wise decision.

To marm, my point was that ENTPs have an actual type beyond the idiosyncratic. I do not meet that criteria. I do meet the criteria of NTJ, whether people "want" me or not. The fundamental basis is there, even if our actions and opinions are different.

To indy, yes, they piss me off like no other type can. Not that I will always have bad interactions with them, just that if it goes there, it will trump myself against any other type.

Thanks again everyone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

D'awww. Join us over in the ENFP camp, TG. We want you.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If one would substitute the words "Me off" in the thread title with "On Me", do you too think the thread would have great potential for the mature topics section ? xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If one would substitute the words "Me off" in the thread title with "On Me", do you too think the thread would have great potential for the mature topics section ? xD
    lmao +1