First 91011121321 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And if other people could understand the sentences on their screens, they'd realize when other people were joking...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

too much wine to comprehend so sorry sir.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A window to the soul

Umm.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    too much wine to comprehend so sorry sir.
    Well hell, where is it? I'm going to need it if I'm to keep reading your posts.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

this i understand....garcon???
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ThatGirl

Lol, how did this thread start cracking me up?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENFPs are fun! That's why NTs love us!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    For the sake of my further points, I will call this portion ENFP existence.
    I don't understand why you're taking these comments and turning them into your example. It's easy to pick and choose.. but here's what's happening:
    1. You presented your case
    2. I give you my analysis based on the facts you presented
    3. You present more facts that were withheld earlier.
    4. I assume they're excuses for earlier facts, and so I try to rationalize them in with the earlier case.
    5. You give even more details that were totally excluded before, because eventually if you give enough information someone will get tired of arguing with you and just tell you you're right.

All I was doing is giving you what I would see from the teacher, if she was an ENFP at all. It was a very different perspective from what you'd seen.. but you were very defensive about it. I'll leave it alone now, because you presenting more and more evidence to support your initial case is tiring. Have fun winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Easy for you to say! It's not your A!

And p.s., bullshit! The teacher assigns the value. She gives however many points she thinks things are worth. That is not some absolute that we can all accept without question. Just because it's expressed as a number does not mean it's an objective fact. It's all very personal -- how the teacher evaluates, what makes her try to assume professional distance when she's asked to change a grade for cause but makes her drop professional distance when she announces she forgot something important to TG as if it is cute, all of that is personal and subjective.
    I can be very, very vocal about my grades. But I do not allow a grade to be wrongly graded and let it go for a while, and then complain about it later on again. I say it right then and there, and I do not leave the issue alone until it is resolved one way or another. It is the only way to get it done right in college. Waiting just makes it worse.

If the timestamp was wrong.. why wait until after grades were published to complain *again*? Im sure she said something beforehand.. but she didn't make enough of a fuss to make something happen then to fix it.

All in all.. when I asked TG if she could come up with the 20 points she needed, she couldn't. She could only come up with, at the most, 18. Either way, she fell short.. Like I said before.. asking for 2 or 3 points if you're an outstanding student is sometimes okay to do, depending on the teachers personality (Some may be offended.. others may already grade based on student participation).. Asking a teacher to fix everything to put you up into that area and THEN requesting that just doesn't make any sense to me. For whatever reason, fussing wasn't done when it should have been done. Her requests themselves aren't unreasonable in small chunks.. but all at the end of the year, when grades are official on transcripts and everything, asking her to fix something that won't change her grade entirely is a bit too late.

Nothing is concrete in college, there is only an illusion of it. But knowing how to work that system is what saves you. Asking for it all at the end is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't think it's a Te thing. I think TG is just upset she didn't get the grade she wanted. Her arguments really aren't rational, Ti-based, or realistic in this case. I can't imagine asking a teacher to review already-graded work, after grades had been calculated and turned in, based upon the fact that I had issues that prevented me from getting the A I wanted. If she'd had a problem with the way the teacher graded her work, she should have come to her at the time the assignments were handed back. To want to hand in a "representative" piece of work so the teacher might think, "Hey, this is student tried hard and did well on the assignments she wasn't too busy for! I should arbitrarily give her 20 points based upon that fact!" makes no logical sense to me.

I was a student much longer than I've been a teacher, and I'd never have thought of asking any of my teachers to do what she's asking. If she didn't like the teacher's "flaky" ways or method of grading, she had the option of dropping the class. Sometimes you're not going to like your teacher's personality or grading criteria. You kind of vote with your feet in those instances, or accept them and move on.
    I've had to drop classes before because teachers were too off. I've had to change professors before.. and I have also had to re-take classes before. You pay for college.. so you should get what you need out of it.

Professors come in all shapes and sizes.. sometimes they're great for students, and sometimes that same professor 'sucks' for another. But that's why there are third-party evaluation websites (I never dream of enrolling in classes without ratemyprofessor.com and I ALWAYS rate my professors when I am done with them.) and people to ask. You can meet with the professor themselves before classes start sometimes, and get to know them.

There are a lot of options to ensure you have good professors.. but even if you do all of that, and they aren't working out for you.. it is your responsibility to drop, change, or stick it out. Because in the end, they are in a different business. They get paid to show up.. they don't pay to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    If she's an INTJ, I'll eat my hat, though.
    I don't think we ever will.. there are two sides to every story. :3 But totally agreed with this part here.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Just write an angry missive to the head of department and hand deliver it and let him know that if it isn't dealt with satisfactorily then you shall go to his boss and complain.
    This was my very first, knee-jerk reaction to what she said when she first posted about her problem in vent.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    ENFPs are fun! That's why NTs love us!

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't understand why you're taking these comments and turning them into your example. It's easy to pick and choose.. but here's what's happening:

5. You give even more details that were totally excluded before, because eventually if you give enough information someone will get tired of arguing with you and just tell you you're right.

I'll leave it alone now, because you presenting more and more evidence to support your initial case is tiring. Have fun winning.

ENFP: You're obviously saying that because *insert insanely evil motive or intent*

TG: :O....What?....No. Where did you even get that from. Look..... let me explain it again, maybe in a different way....*insert what is logic and truth*

ENFP: *Changes and suddenly takes a you vs. them stance* Well you are this, or have done this, or said this. I can see where you *insert emotionally motivated factor* so its fine.

ENFP: I am not going to argue with you. *Slams door*

TG: ..... :O *speechless* .....Wow. I should have just nailed their ass the first time they fucked up. Last time I try to reason with an ENFP.
    I presented more evidence, because you obviously were not getting the point and seeing it for yourself. My last explanation is completely consistent with my broad points at all times, it is just more detailed in explanation.

I never assume off the bat, that I have to get into all the nitty gritty details. Talk about exhausting if I had to do that all the time for everyone. I assume that people can fill in the blanks themselves by looking at the overall point.

I appreciate your feed back into the ENFP instructor's mind. It seemed inevitable though that if I was frustrated about her interpretation and stance, that I would also be frustrated by yours. Since you are both ENFP, the same issues came into play during both interactions.

This thread was originally about my inability to understand and communicate with ENFPs to the extent, it makes me angy at the type, and I try to avoid them.

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted it here, since, lol it seems sort of counter intuitive to talk about this issue with people I have difficulty conversing with. Sorry about that.

Also,

The thing is, the ENFP behavior is so universal I can predict the exact reactions, conversations, and issues that will come up.

That is why I keep editing the thread. To show that I was correct in my op about what is going on between ENFPs and I. I gave a detailed account of what our interactions are like, and was showing that is exactly what has happened.