User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.4)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.9)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.4)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (41.6)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********* (10)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.2)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (42.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (35.5)
    good use

I'm a 4w3 sx/so type with a nearly balanced E/I axis. I test alternately as an INFJ and ENFJ, though I know that I'm not an INFJ. The 4w3 explains this split to me. I'm a very introverted E.

My Se has improved. I chalk that up to needing a great deal of stress relief and exercise lately, and also I think it channels through my sx-dominant nature. There have been several things going on that have heightened my physical awareness.

Stacking: Fe/Ni, Fi, Ne, Se, Si, Ti, Te

Juice, I sink immediately into xSTP shadow mode when under protracted or acute strain. I was forced to be around an extremely unhealthy ENFJ and I just *submarined*. It was startling and uncontrollable. Even my sister remarked on it later, that she'd never seen me do that before so strongly and immediately. All I know is I went into a primal sort of altered state and stayed there until his sorry behind was GONE.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    I wish I could comment more on your Ne v Ni, but I am still learning about all of this. How would the difference in Ne V Ni manifest itself?
    When I slip into my ENTP shadow, it's usually only because I've been working an all nighter, or because I'm out on an all night rager.

It could, alternately, be described as me "plunging into the inferior" even, and turning into an ESFP (this is what Domino called going into her STP "shadow").

(A third explanation also exists, which is me just shifting into my auxiliary loop [Te+Se] and looking something like an ENTJ in his dominant loop [Te+Se], but I think that's actually a far more common phenomenon, and isn't what's going on in these cases when I either go into my shadow ENTP or inferior ESFP. My girlfriend has seen the phenomenon enough times herself, and we've discussed all three possibilities, and she thinks its probably the ENTP explanation, because it annoys the shit out of her in a way that is very similar to how ENTPs rub her the wrong way.)

I get much more extroverted, to the point that I am really just a full blown extrovert, not just an extroverted introvert (like I usually am), I no longer seem to be engaging in introverted perception (this is a major part of it), but am instead engaging in extroverted perception (either Ne or Se), probably as my new "dominant" function, and then my judging functions seems to likely go introverted (Ti or Fi), as I stop giving a damn about external categories/criteria of judgment and just start shooting off at the mouth about whatever the fuck I think about something, as if I could say and speak no wrong, for every word that leaves my mouth is a glorious gift from God.

You really start seeing that narcissism that is so often attributed to ENPs (EPs?), and I get really good at approaching women (the lack of external judging criteria seems to just loosen and open me up, takes away hesitation that would normally be experienced and need to be combated). I turn into this fast-talking, quick-reacting, witty character, who's probably using Ne to come up with all kinds of different (pertinent) shit to say and then just shooting off from my mouth as if I could only speak truth via Ti (likewise, this could just be Se and Fi -- but I doubt it). Whatever's going on, I end up having a great time pretty much every time I do this. If I'm not single at the time, and my girlfriend happens to be with me, she tends to find me obnoxious (I've experienced this with two different girlfriends, both EFPs [one might be ENFJ]).

Oh, and I also seem to have an infinite source of energy, which is part of the reason why I think I actually go into this mode when I'm gunna either be partying for a long time, or when I'm working for a really long time; it seems my psyche knows that my normal mode does not operate in a way that will allow me to successfully get through the coming experience, so it automatically knows to switch to this alternate mode that is much more capable of fostering the energy that will be needed to get through the night. I almost feel the switch, and feel the energy flow (I would suppose this is "libido") from predominantly inwards, to predominantly outwards. It's rather fascinating.

Since I'm going off on this, I might as well mention my last observation surrounding this phenomenon: I have made this switch in my dreams. I specifically remember one dream (it may have happened multiples times, I can't remember), in which I turn into what I could only call "Zach Morris" mode, and everyone I'm talking to is reacting to me as such. It is not my normal mode of being, but, for whatever reason, it does feel somewhat in my nature; it's almost as if it's the yin to my yang, the counterpoint, and, as such, is actually part of myself; so long as I switch the "polarity", or direction of energy flow, this is who I can become. They're actually extremely pleasant dreams, and they feel more or less identical to the reality that I live out when I'm on these all night ragers, or pulling an all-nighter at the office.

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.6)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.8)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (47.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.8)
    average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

took this before and my Fi was strong also. Must have been using it and deciding my values then!

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

So Zarathustra,

So it sounds like those attributes are parts of your personality that lie dormant until there is a catalyst to engage them and then they go back into a stage of dormancy once the catalyst is no longer a factor (drinking, stress, etc). So the question is, do you think it would be possible for you to integrate those inferior functions into your everyday person? Would you want to?

I've actually had conversations with a friend of mine regarding how some people's personalities seem to take a 180 when drinking while others seems to remain largely the same, the just seem to be a bit of a characture of their sober selves. In looking at the people we knew, we came up with a theory that people who seemed the most secure, self-aware and non-perfectionistic, and uncensored in their communications with others while sober seemed to be less apt to have a personality shift when drinking, while those who were more self-conscious, self-censoring, and perfectionistic seem more likely to shift personalities. Basically we thought that those who sought to suppress parts of their personality (consciously or unconsciously) that didn't jive with the face they want to present to the world (and perhaps themselves) were more likely to engage in this kind of behavior. This seems to correlate with the shadow function theory. What do you think?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I'm kinda wondering that myself...

I was kinda planning on stopping using typeC in the New Year, though...

(Hence, why I've been using it so much lately...)

And this would certainly require my attention for much more than just today...

I dunno, we'll see... I do find the topic interesting, and it's sort of a culmination of my work here...

I kinda feel like this is what I have been intending to do the whole time, so...

Sorry for not responding for a week... I was on a trip. Haha, I guess that's the Ni talking about the patterns. If you do decide to do it, it will most likely be a wonderful contribution to the forum.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

What Jo and Zar and talking about really has me wondering..

I never test as an E .. no matter what the next 3 letters come up as.. that "I" has remained 100% consistent.

SO I am wondering.. Looking back over my life I have noticed a pattern.. That I become much more "other" people friendly and engaging when I am single.
    Once I am in a secure LTR I tend to withdraw from the general population(and even my friends) in order to interact more with, and save my energy for my partner.

Is being more extroverted just a "pick up" line???

Thinking......

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I think perhaps the question is, do you want to be more extroverted during the times you engage in introverted behavior? If the introverted behavior is a matter of feeling like you don't have the tools to engage in exroverted behavior (e.g. you worry what people will think of you, you are self concious during conversation, your afraid to talk to people at a party) vs you want to be less social becuase you enjoy the quiet, then maybe your extroverted self is being neglected. If you simply only have so much energy you want to expend and having a SO, uses a good portion of that energy, then I would say you are acting in harmony with your authentic self.

The question as to why you (I, we) do what you do is a deceptively simple question especially in regard to shadow functions (from what I have learned so far). Since the shadow functions are often neglected or rejected, I believe we unconciously tell ourselves the stories in order to preserve our (false) sense of self. So it would be easy to simply say, "I don't like parties becuase I hate making small talk with strangers" when the perhaps the deeper answer would be, "I don't like parties becuase I feel self-concious in groups of people I don't know."

So why don't you like being extroverted when you are in a relationship? Is being single a cytalist for you to overcome fears and unleash your shadow function or are you acting congruantly with your authentic self? Dig deep.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, I just play one in this thread.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%