User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It was one of my own, before I found out it was published.

It's just the idea that whatever a type's two strongest functions are supposed to be (in your case, for an ENFJ: Fe and Ni), that, often times, the same two functions, but of opposite attitudes, tend to manifest within their top 4 functions as well.

Hence, you get Ne and Fi coming in at spots 3-4.

For INTJs, it would manifest as Ne and Ti coming in around spots 3-4.
    And that would explain why my E/I and P/J functions seem so fluid and almost inter changeable at times ?

This does not seem healthy at all. It suggest a serious duality issue.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    And that would explain why my E/I and P/J functions seem so fluid and almost inter changeable at times ?
    Exactly.

Early on in my time here, I developed a whole theory about this exact stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    This does not seem healthy at all. It suggest a serious duality issue.
    Meh.

It could be a sign of some kind of issue, I suppose, but I wouldn't necessarily get freaked out about it.

I think it could just as well be a good sign as a bad sign.

It all depends on the reality underlying the results.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Well I found this..

Fan-fucking-tastic stuff ..

Thus we develop an inferiority complex around the inferior function, a superiority complex around the superior function, a "best auxiliary" complex (the caretaker) around the auxiliary function, and an "eternal child" complex around the tertiary function. (Beebe)

EricB posted a bunch of stuff on it over at personality cafe.. Intense .. really intense..

Thanks for pointing this out man!!!

ENxJ's Might feel 'double-bound' by past memorances, and use them to trap others

See?? I have talking about this in my blog .. wow

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.2)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.7)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.5)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.1)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.3)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.4)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Interesting...although I do take these results with a grain of salt. As an eNfj, I spent a good chunk of my life (unwittingly) as a people pleaser, which included gauging my self-worth and success based on others opinions of me. Then one day it occurred to me - Do I even know who I am or what my worth is outside of what others tell me? It hit me like a ton of bricks. I have spent a good deal of time, thought and effort developing internal modulation of my sense of self and have worked diligently to learn to understand and respect others outside the context of societal norms. I've also learned (to put it bluntly) to back the f*ck off and quit trying to be so damn "helpful" all the time. In many ways suppressing my natural Fe while developing my Fi. So I spend a lot of time in my internal world and have grown to respect and appreciate the internal world of others. Does this make me an INFP, or simply a eNfj who is growing and developing. I dunno
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.2)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.7)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.5)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.1)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.3)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.4)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Interesting...although I do take these results with a grain of salt. As an eNfj, I spent a good chunk of my life (unwittingly) as a people pleaser, which included gauging my self-worth and success based on others opinions of me. Then one day it occurred to me - Do I even know who I am or what my worth is outside of what others tell me? It hit me like a ton of bricks. I have spent a good deal of time, thought and effort developing internal modulation of my sense of self and have worked diligently to learn to understand and respect others outside the context of societal norms. I've also learned (to put it bluntly) to back the f*ck off and quit trying to be so damn "helpful" all the time. In many ways suppressing my natural Fe while developing my Fi. So I spend a lot of time in my internal world and have grown to respect and appreciate the internal world of others. Does this make me an INFP, or simply a eNfj who is growing and developing. I dunno
    Phenomenal question.

To be honest, this makes you the biggest poster child for this phenomenon that I've seen yet.

It's kinda like what Arclight might be going through, but you seem to have gone fully through with the conversion...

See, as an ENFJ, the INFP would be your shadow type, and, in light of what you said about suppressing your "ENFJness", it would make total sense for you to flip into your INFP shadow type.

I don't know what to call you really, but this experience of shifting from ENFJ into your INFP shadow would seem to be the actual path you've taken in life...

You might want to call yourself an ENFJ who resides in his/her shadow INFP, or something along those lines...

It's pretty awesome if you ask me...

MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Well I'm glad you think it's awesome Z...I aim to please..no wait...I don't anymore

I originally took the test and posted my results and then went back and read the convo between you and Arclight. It really is fascinating.

I think you might be right about me being an ENFJ who is currently residing in my INFP shadow since at times it does indeed take a conscious effort rather than a natural reaction to think and behave as I currently do...it's kind of like homegrown cognitive therapy. Although, I must say it is feeling more and more natural each day. I don't know that I am fully through the process, I suspect once I feel I have done a "good" job of developing my Fi I will uncage a good bit of my Fe. I just hope that when that happens my more fully developed Fi will allow me to enjoy interacting with others, giving and helping in a more altruistic way as opposed to using it as fuel for my sense of self worth.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    Well I'm glad you think it's awesome Z...I aim to please..no wait...I don't anymore

I originally took the test and posted my results and then went back and read the convo between you and Arclight. It really is fascinating.

I think you might be right about me being an ENFJ who is currently residing in my INFP shadow since at times it does indeed take a conscious effort rather than a natural reaction to think and behave as I currently do...it's kind of like homegrown cognitive therapy. Although, I must say it is feeling more and more natural each day. I don't know that I am fully through the process, I suspect once I feel I have done a "good" job of developing my Fi I will uncage a good bit of my Fe. I just hope that when that happens my more fully developed Fi will allow me to enjoy interacting with others, giving and helping in a more altruistic way as opposed to using it as fuel for my sense of self worth.
    Sounds like you got the right mentality to me...

Btw, I think you should check this out: http://hubpages.com/hub/Carl-Jung-an...n-Introduction

I actually sent this to Arclight, too, in a different thread he started a while back.

I'm not quite sure whether this conception of the shadow maps well onto the idea of the shadow in typology, but it might...

I could see something like *genuine* integration of the I/E and J/P dichotomies as representing the integration of the shadow.

Thanks for posting your results and bringing this all up! I'd come up with these ideas a while ago, but had never gotten to share them...

Maybe I'll finally start that thread...

Hate

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37.3)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7.5)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.1)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****** (6.7)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.2)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTP

-

I usually test as ISTP on functions tests now. If INFP is the shadow type of ENFJ, then what does testing as ISTP mean for an ENFJ? I always just assumed it's because I just have really well developed Ti now.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I usually test as ISTP on functions tests now. If INFP is the shadow type of ENFJ, then what does testing as ISTP mean for an ENFJ? I always just assumed it's because I just have really well developed Ti now.
    I would tend not to believe these results... I'd take the test again a month from now, and see what you get... then do it again... and again...

I'm very open to alternative functional developments, and perhaps you are just an extreme case...

But you also might be overstating some things...

Your results are just really bizarro... especially for an ENFJ...

That's the problem with self-report tests... they're only as accurate as the answers you give to them...

Would you say your Ti is actually that well-developed, or have you just been working on being more logical, and wish it was?

I'm just saying, cuz a lot of INTPs and ENTPs might not even report that high on Ti... and most Fs report very low T results...

MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Sounds like you got the right mentality to me...

Btw, I think you should check this out: http://hubpages.com/hub/Carl-Jung-an...n-Introduction

I actually sent this to Arclight, too, in a different thread he started a while back.

I'm not quite sure whether this conception of the shadow maps well onto the idea of the shadow in typology, but it might...

I could see something like *genuine* integration of the I/E and J/P dichotomies as representing the integration of the shadow.

Thanks for posting your results and bringing this all up! I'd come up with these ideas a while ago, but had never gotten to share them...

Maybe I'll finally start that thread...

Great article! Sounds like I've been trying to get in touch with my shadow function...I just didn't know it.

I totally agree with the concept that the shadow functions are neglected aspect of self. In my personal development, Fe was far more useful than Fi so I never really developed and downright neglected Fi. Funny enough, in order to work on integrating the functions one of the methods I used (and still do) is mindfulness meditation. The article speaks about how Buddhist mindfulness is theoretically linked to integrating the shadow self into the personality...hey guess what theory tested and its working Of course, I never thought of it as integrating my shadow functions, I thought of it as emotional awareness. But better put, I would say that emotional awareness is the process of acknowledging the shadow functions and integration is acceptance (rather than rejection) of those functions to create a more harmonious self.

Would you say this is similar to your thoughts? Do you have more insight? Maybe you should start that thread?