• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Let's get an update on all the potential romances

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am still friendly with the ENFJ I bitch and moan about constantly on here. We stayed up till 4 am talking last night. All foreplay and no climax that one. I enjoy him more than my crappy never ending first dates though.

I'm back in yo-yo purgatory with my ENFJ friend also. Although it does not qualify as romance, there can be a flirty aspect to the friendship, and yes, I've bitched about it here before. He's long over the fact that I don't remember his b-day or send holiday cards (what kind of man gets pissy over that?), and his response is not to send me any happy or merry wishes (oh boo hoo...like I care). But he can't help noting that he forgot; he forgets to forget, or likes to remind me he made no effort by making effort to remind me.

Anyway, his yo-yo effect is not working quite the same. He can't quite pull me in as close; maybe he never intended to...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm back in yo-yo purgatory with my ENFJ friend also. Although it does not qualify as romance, there can be a flirty aspect to the friendship, and yes, I've bitched about it here before. He's long over the fact that I don't remember his b-day or send holiday cards (what kind of man gets pissy over that?), and his response is not to send me any happy or merry wishes (oh boo hoo...like I care). But he can't help noting that he forgot; he forgets to forget, or likes to remind me he made no effort by making effort to remind me.

Anyway, his yo-yo effect is not working quite the same. He can't quite pull me in as close; maybe he never intended to...

The kind of man that needs to be reminded once in a while that they are special to you.. and once in while to show that you remember little details about them and to value what matters to them.. even if it doesn't matter to you.
He will give you countless opportunities to learn what matters to him. He cares what matters to you and has noted every little detail.. but exactly.. If you don't care back.. He withdraws what he thinks is important. You guys need to talk LOL

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The kind of man that needs to be reminded once in a while that they are special to you.. and once in while to show that you remember little details about them and to value what matters to them.. even if it doesn't matter to you.
He will give you countless opportunities to learn what matters to him. He cares what matters to you and has noted every little detail.. but exactly.. If you don't care back.. He withdraws what he thinks is important. You guys need to talk LOL

Oh, if you remembered the original thread, you'd see that I did....but that's water under the bridge. I'm not interested in more than our casual friendship now, for many reasons. And he has not noted what matters to me....he frequently forgets any personal info I've ever revealed.

I'm noticing with this INFJ I am seeing now that NFJs can have shitty memories for personal information about other people; they're quite perceptive about what is NOT said by people though :D. SFJs of course, are quite the opposite, and I suppose my tert Si puts me somewhere in the middle.

Mouse Army

MBTI Type
INFP
Hopefully you'll forgive me forgive me for posting in an update thread, when I'm actually new here, but romance stuff was what prompted me to join in the first place. :) I work with this cute, awesome guy, and we've been getting to know each other bit by bit over the past few months. The other day I noticed that he was reading about the Big 5 personality traits on Wikipedia, so I suggested he look into Myers-Briggs because he was interested in the general subject. He went ahead and started the test right then. I was pretty sure I had him typed, so I wrote my best guess down on a pieces of paper Clue-style and folded it. He took the test four times and it came out consistently INTJ (I guessed right!).

We'd been chatting a lot at work and he likes a lot of eye contact, but I wasn't really sure if he was interested until the other night. We were wrapping up after work, everyone else had left, and we were just sitting in my office talking about all sorts of things. You know how you can leave little lapses in conversation so somebody can take the cue and get up and go if they want to? I did that a few times, but he kept on talking with me. We sat there for two whole hours(!!!), until he noticed the clock. Since he told me his type, I went ahead and read about it online, and I was pretty surprised to see that INTJs don't tend to talk a lot with new friends unless they are "interested." So, I'm not sure if he's interested in a flirty way or likes me in a friendly way- but either way I'm happy because he's an awesome guy and I'm really enjoying getting to know him.

So, yeah, hey everyone :blush:

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
My ENTJ went back to his ex but then he more or less asked me to stay on as his mistress. I told him, as diplomatically as I could, that he's an asshole.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
O
I'm noticing with this INFJ I am seeing now that NFJs can have shitty memories for personal information about other people; they're quite perceptive about what is NOT said by people though :D

Hahahahahahahahahaha. True!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
My ENTJ went back to his ex but then he more or less asked me to stay on as his mistress. I told him, as diplomatically as I could, that he's an asshole.

You should have told her, too.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
You should have told her, too.

I also don't feel too badly for her - she's been married, although legally separated, to a different man the entire time she's been with the ENTJ. We're talking a span of years here. I figure they more or less deserve each other at this point.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I also don't feel too badly for her - she's been married, although legally separated, to a different man the entire time she's been with the ENTJ. We're talking a span of years here. I figure they more or less deserve each other at this point.

You know. On second thought, I shouldn't have said that so glibly. Your attitude is, of course, much more measured and reasonable. It makes me realize that often the only party we (I) really need to worry about is ourselves (myself). If we can take care of our part of the equation, we need not worry about what other people do.

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
What always happens...

Life got in the way.

This.....and timing is everything. When he was interested, I was taken. When I was free, he decided at the very last excrutiating moment that....maybe, he was taken. But that was a very big maybe, as it turns out. He was conflicted, definitely. We're far apart in age. For a man who's 20 years older than a woman. it's fine. For a woman who's older and the man, younger, not so much (understatement) Frustrating: incredibly. Especially when you feel you've met your soul mate.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This.....and timing is everything. When he was interested, I was taken. When I was free, he decided at the very last excrutiating moment that, maybe, he was taken. But that was a very big maybe. He was conflicted, definitely. We're far apart in age. For a man who's 20 years younger, it's fine. For a woman, not so much. Frustrating: incredibly. Especially when you feel you've met your soul mate.

You're twenty years younger or older? Also, sorry to hear that.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've almost got my (diplomatic Messianic cult leader) hands on his phone number. I've used my channels/sister/mafia contacts.

First act: I'm going to find a way to sniff all of his sweaters, shirts and jeans without being noticed. If noticed, I'm going to find a way to keep sniffing all of his sweaters, shirts and jeans anyway. I'm already collating a list of "oh this? I'm just..." statements that will be 1. so impossible as to dazzle his brain into agreement, or 2. so impossible as to dazzle his brain into agreement.

Second act: Prepare to stop sniffing his stuff long enough to get something to eat.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've almost got my (diplomatic Messianic cult leader) hands on his phone number. I've used my channels/sister/mafia contacts.

First act: I'm going to find a way to sniff all of his sweaters, shirts and jeans without being noticed. If noticed, I'm going to find a way to keep sniffing all of his sweaters, shirts and jeans anyway. I'm already collating a list of "oh this? I'm just..." statements that will be 1. so impossible as to dazzle his brain into agreement, or 2. so impossible as to dazzle his brain into agreement.

Second act: Prepare to stop sniffing his stuff long enough to get something to eat.

What type is the victim?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP. She collects them.

ENFJ's are bad for ENTP's. Bad for me. Actually, we're bad for each other. I had a crush on one in high school. It was really awkward. Too much energy and neither one of us was comfortable with the energy of the other. It feels too intense, but also too weird and distant.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Still going with my IxFP (still unclear about the S/N). He'll be here with sandwiches and hugs shortly :)