User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Way overactive imagination. Type specific?

I have a really, REALLY overactive imagination. I have since I can remember. Of course, with age, i've become a little more sensible and logical.. But not by much.

Example?

I just went through putting on all my warm winter clothes to go down to the mailbox. It's really dark out, and our driveway is quite a walk. I didn't think much of the task, until I actually got outside.

No less than five feet from my house, I realized just how dark it was outside. I also heard A LOT of commotion in the woods (I live in the country, my entire front yard and back yard is woods).

My first thought? ZOMBIES! I froze and listened for a little bit, then decided to just go to the mailbox anyways, no matter how dangerous it might be.

Well, it turns out, I never made it even halfway down the driveway. I freaked out and ran back inside. I do not want to be Zombie food. No way, no how.

SO, I was wondering.. Does your level of imagination have to do with your type? Do ENFPs specifically have wild imaginations, or do quite a few other types? Or maybe, is it person specific? I'm curious!

MBTI
    INFJ

Maybe ENFPs have more overactive imaginations due to Ne.

I know I can be that way, just not as often.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    Maybe ENFPs have more overactive imaginations due to Ne.

I know I can be that way, just not as often.
    I actually think that might be entirely why.. Our minds jump around so much, and if we've seen too many horror movies.. We're probably going to think every little scary noise is a Raptor.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd say that being an ENFP myself (especially with an imagination as active as mine (cloodcukoolander)) that yes, my imagination is overative primarily due to Ne. I mean there will be times I'm suppose to concentrate on something and I'll just break off into random thought about something, like concuring an enemy of mine in the most diabolic way possible, or being chased and killed by a wild animal, or two legendary warriors slaughtering each other in battle (yeah, overactive would be an understatement for me).

I haven't thought that way in a long time. I think I've kind of enforced a lot of logic and realism into my psyche because I've been susceptible to suggestion and delusions before. Starting when I was very young.. I remember crying to my mom because I'd start seeing shapes in the woodgrains on the wall. Not just shapes, but figures. Not very nice ones either. I used to find it hard to walk home at nights - not because of zombies - but because of a local Mexican witch tale (there were quite a few Mexican folk tales floating around, always told with an air of gravity by some old woman who was apparently eyewitness to something. It would spook most kids out, I guess). The particular witch I'm referring to is "La Chusa". A woman who could turn into a giant owl. And it didn't help that there were actually hawks and owls around. One night, one got really loud and actually did swoop pretty close above me. My first thought was that it was La Chusa. I hauled ass home, like my life was on the line.

This is unrelated, but there was apparently another (real) woman who was a witch, and my imagination got the best of me, and I vandilized her house. heh.. I feel bad now, she was probably just a normal, single woman.. worked at the mall or something.

NPcomplete

I do have an overly-active imagination. Last night, for example, I managed to convince myself that some monsters from a tv show were out to get me and couldn't sleep much as a result. I'm not certain I'm an ENTP but from what I understand about Ne, I run on it on overdrive on most days. My INFP friend has similar things happening to her as well.

The over-active imagination isn't type specific. I used to sleep with my blanket over my head even as a teenager. The dark or open closet door used to freak me out badly where I was too scared to get up to close the door.

Scary movies still give me nightmares to the degree that I've stopped watching gory or zombie movies.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    The over-active imagination isn't type specific.
    Really? So you'd say over-active imagination should be found at around the same levels on average in INFPs and ESTJs alike?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Really? So you'd say over-active imagination should be found at around the same levels on average in INFPs and ESTJs alike?
    *smack*

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    *smack*
    *overactively imagines the smack*

Oh whoa, ouch.