User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have very rich imagination and yes I think that it has something to do with my type since it works in the opposite way. I am very good at scaring or making people uncomfortable. (at least that is what I have been said)

ehmmm...you do know that some of that stuff is pretty f*cked up and goes way beyond innocent children´s play? Seriously.
    Sounds like you use your imagination for sadistic purposes.

Have you ever thought about writing horror stories? That could be a healthier outlet
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ^ I'm curious what you mean by that.. especially the difference between you and ISFP.
    I have a huge imagination. As a child I would get repeated awards (we all got one each year for something) for the best imagination (in these specific or similar words).

However, when it comes to an ISFP its different. They have got pretty good imaginations but what makes them particularly volatile is that the imagination is so very focused in the present. In other words the ISFP imagination can more than most feels as real as reality. It is one of the reasons that they are seen as the most intutive of the sensors but that intution/imagination is so grounded in the present that it has its own brand of intensity.

I believe that the ISFP imagination can be so focused in the present and can shoot out in such sudden spurts is one of the reason they are known to be the most susceptible to sudden (and often irrational, life changing and even dangerous) impulses.

Albeit sometimes good as well as bad.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    ehmmm...you do know that some of that stuff is pretty f*cked up and goes way beyond innocent children´s play? Seriously.
    Sounds like you use your imagination for sadistic purposes.

Have you ever thought about writing horror stories? That could be a healthier outlet

Yes I know that.
    Since I regulary shock people when I start to talk about "the possibilities".
    But sometimes I actually do something kinda "sociopathic" just to scare people a little bit . (like writting that post)
    I mean just because I wrote something that does not mean that I actually did it.

As for writting horror stories , I guess that could work if I give it a try one day.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    However, when it comes to an ISFP its different. They have got pretty good imaginations but what makes them particularly volatile is that the imagination is so very focused in the present. In other words the ISFP imagination can more than most feels as real as reality. It is one of the reasons that they are seen as the most intutive of the sensors but that intution/imagination is so grounded in the present that it has its own brand of intensity.

I believe that the ISFP imagination can be so focused in the present and can shoot out in such sudden spurts is one of the reason they are known to be the most susceptible to sudden (and often irrational, life changing and even dangerous) impulses.

Albeit sometimes good as well as bad.
    Geez.. Sounds somewhat like me at times. I'm not that focused on the present, but I've found myself susceptible to same kind of impulsiveness (not so much anymore though).

Where I think I'm strongly intuitive now is simply trying to find pathways to expand my horizons. In juxtaposition, in trying to avoid being too myopic.. I try not to be too speculative because I've gotten in trouble that way.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I'm wondering if Ne is more expansive imagination of many things, and Ni is more imagination that gets taken further and is more focused, as is reflected in the differences with Ne/Ni.

I have an intense imagination, but it's usually all something concocted in my own head/mind and I take it to the Nth degree, if it's something I like or am interested in. I'm not necessarily expansive about it though, like I won't use it for just anything like the Ne users were describing. But when i do use it, I come off with the most wack stuff, and if I relate any of it to my friends, they let me know just how weird I am. It's also usually grounded in some sort of reality, and takes off from there. Not just whimsical or fanciful, but something that COULD really happen, just never usually would or no one would go there...............Crazy stuff that I'm really too embarrassed to admit; stuff that I'd only tell trusted friends or intimate partners.

The S's I know don't imagine too much, as far as I'm aware anyway. Maybe they just live their imagination in their bodies more...?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    The S's I know don't imagine too much, as far as I'm aware anyway. Maybe they just live their imagination in their bodies more...?
    This is an interesting concept. My ISFP girl gets quiet paranoid when she doesn't hear from me even for as short of a time as a day or two and begins to get some odd thoughts like I don't love her anymore...much more than any other type...some who could go weeks without a complaint.

This is challenging for me because as a general rule I like to give space to keep things fresh and imaginations alive.

I can tell she is a bit oversusceptible to this type of pain compared to most...so I make an exception to the rule go out of my way to come to visit her and give her a kiss. Immediately, like magic, her face lightens up like a Disney character and all is suddenly well in the universe.

I never thought of this before but does feel as if her imagination shines mainly through her body in the present as opposed to an INTP lost world of daydreaming where time means little.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    ..much more than any other type....
    I don't know if that's true. There's a whole section in Quenk's book (on the shadow) that places this at ESFP and ESTPs feet far more often. I've noticed stuff like this in my own experience too.

A young and newly married ESTP became overwhelmed by the thought of her husband, who had gone out with his friends, had left and would never return -even though she knew he visited his friends frequently and that the time at which he was expected to return had not yet arrived. She obsessed and thought that she had been nasty to her husband earlier and became flooded with anxiety and apprehension. She therupon drove to his friend's house, only to find that he was just preparing to leave and return home.

Extraverted Sensing types in their vulnerable phase may start reading between the lines and attributing malevolent motives to people. A feeling of unreality or disconnection from others may occur, and this alien experience of isolation may in turn lead to terror.

Funnily, Socionics, although a different system, has a anecdote along the same paranoid lines in it's "uncovered section".

A female ESTp comes home...

- Hey, darling, I'm home!
    - Cool!
    - Don't you want to come and give me a kiss?
    - Yeah, in a minute!
    - Is something wrong?
    - No, nothing's wrong!
    - Are you not happy to see me?
    - Of course I am happy to see you!
    - So why don't you want to come then?
    - I do, let me just finish something first!
    - Is it more important to you than me?
    - Oh, please, don't start!
    - You don't love me, I know!
    - Of course I do, don't be silly!
    - If you loved me, you wouldn't do this to me!
    - Do what?
    - This!
    - Just because I can't drop everything right this second, I don't love you?
    - Not this!
    - Then what?
    - You don't want me anymore!
    - What? Where does this come from?
    - You should know better!
    - Give me at least a hint!
    - See? Now you are mad at me too! You hate me!
    - I am not mad at you and I don't hate you! Now stop it!
    - And you don't love me either!
    - I love you, I love you, I love you! How many more times I have to say this?
    - You don't mean it!
    - I love you and I mean it! Now stop this nonsense, I have had enough of it!
    - Maybe you have had enough of me too?
    - Maybe...

Female ESTp breaks down in tears...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    A female ESTp comes home...

- Hey, darling, I'm home!
    - Cool!
    - Don't you want to come and give me a kiss?
    - Yeah, in a minute!
    - Is something wrong?
    - No, nothing's wrong!
    - Are you not happy to see me?
    - Of course I am happy to see you!
    - So why don't you want to come then?
    - I do, let me just finish something first!
    - Is it more important to you than me?
    - Oh, please, don't start!
    - You don't love me, I know!
    - Of course I do, don't be silly!
    - If you loved me, you wouldn't do this to me!
    - Do what?
    - This!
    - Just because I can't drop everything right this second, I don't love you?
    - Not this!
    - Then what?
    - You don't want me anymore!
    - What? Where does this come from?
    - You should know better!
    - Give me at least a hint!
    - See? Now you are mad at me too! You hate me!
    - I am not mad at you and I don't hate you! Now stop it!
    - And you don't love me either!
    - I love you, I love you, I love you! How many more times I have to say this?
    - You don't mean it!
    - I love you and I mean it! Now stop this nonsense, I have had enough of it!
    - Maybe you have had enough of me too?
    - Maybe...

Female ESTp breaks down in tears...
    OMG! Although we don't argue that much...when we do the above argument could be taken verbatium! Big +1. This is helpfull

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

:yim_rolling_on_the_

*awaits drama to unfold*

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I agree. Over-active imagination isn't type specific.
    I remember crawling under the bed during thunderstorms until I was a teenager and was too big to fit under the bed.
    And, no scary movies for me, especially in the evening. I have horrible nightmares. They are very vivid, colorful, realistic, and horrifying nightmares. In one, I was inside a building with a few others and some evil force or people (I'm not sure which) was trying to burn down the building with us in it. I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. When I went back to sleep, the nightmare resumed at the spot at which it had ended when I got out of bed.
    Sometimes, I can't even watch the news. Before the start of Iraq war, the news showed a bunch of military practicing for having a war by bayonetting a bunch of straw figures. My mind translated those straw figures into children and old ladies. I began to feel sick and even experienced vertigo and had to turn off the television.
    One time, I heard on the radio that "illegal aliens" had landed on the shore. It didn't register that these were just regular humans who were citizens of foreign countries. Oh no. It was war of the worlds time. The space aliens had come!!! Was some scary space alien going to attack my parents in their beds as they slept? Would my mother be able to shout at them and scare them with the loudness of her voice into running back to their little metallic space ship?
    I still occasionally hear strange noises and know that it's the Space Aliens.
    They're com

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    The over-active imagination isn't type specific. I used to sleep with my blanket over my head even as a teenager. The dark or open closet door used to freak me out badly where I was too scared to get up to close the door.

Scary movies still give me nightmares to the degree that I've stopped watching gory or zombie movies.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.