User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFPs and NFJs: Do you feel more in common with each other, or with FPs and FJs?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an NFJ, and I feel more in common with the NFPs.

5 17.24%
  • I'm an NFJ, and I feel equally in common with both.

2 6.90%
  • I'm an NFJ, and I feel more in common with the FJs.

4 13.79%
  • I'm an NFP, and I feel more in common with the FPs.

5 17.24%
  • I'm an NFP, and I feel equally in common with both.

6 20.69%
  • I'm an NFP, and I feel more in common with the NFJs.

7 24.14%
123 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Default NFPs and NFJs: Do you feel closer to each other, or to FPs and FJs?

NFPs: Do you feel more in common with the NFs on the other side of the tracks, or your SFP brothers and sisters?

NFJs: Same question to you, but with regards to NFPs and SFJs...

And here's the NT version of the same question...
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 01-02-2011 at 10:34 PM.

I don't think I know any other NFPs. I'm afraid I don't relate to many SFPs. Two ENFJs I know are kind of distant, but the older one was one of the more encouraging/mentoring people I know. She understood me well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

It is a tough question, but I think I feel more in common with other FPs. I don't know many NFJs in real life (I cannot recall knowing anyone), but other FPs, and I have at least something in common with them always. Here on the forums I know also NFJs, and while I can agree with some on some things, the similarities seem to be more with FPs still.

edit: I understood it so that either I have to choose ISFP, ESFP, INFP, ENFP vs INFJ, ENFJ. Obviously though I would have more in common with people of same type, so it would be a strange question, so I imagined that same type is excluded.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I do have more in common with other NFPs than NFJs, based on my current interactions.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I have more values and opinions in common with other FJs, but it doesn't mean I get along better with them than I do with the NFPs.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I do have more in common with other NFPs than NFJs, based on my current interactions.
    The question was whether you have more in common with the FPs than the NFJs.

In other words, do you feel more in common, as a group, with ISFPs, ESFPs, INFPs, and ENFPs or INFJs, ENFJs, INFPs, and ENFPs.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

On the flip side, I feel like I have things in common with both SFJs, NFPs, and NFJs. All different.

SFJ: With ESFJ I feel like we have a similar attitude in general. ISFJs are totally alien to me in general.
    NFP: With INFP I feel like we're really similar in a lot of ways, but in other ways very different. I can somewhat relate to an ENFP and some of where they are coming from, but they are mostly alien.
    NFJ: INFJs are either very frustrating to me or I get them. But mostly frustrating. ENFJs I feel the same about as I do INFP. We have a similar attitude like what I said about ESFJ, but other things are totally alien.

I totally get other SFPs though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The question was whether you have more in common with the FPs than the NFJs.

In other words, do you feel more in common, as a group, with ISFPs, ESFPs, INFPs, and ENFPs or INFJs, ENFJs, INFPs, and ENFPs.
    I would just add that I identify pretty well with Thomson's description of IFPs (she kind of organizes chapters by dominant functions). If I met some ISFPs like that, I'd have plenty in common (and I think I have).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

IRL, I usually have more in common with NFJs as far as interests and life philosophies go; the "NF temperament" makes sense in my experience, as far as behavioral patterns. SFPs depend a lot on other personality factors, but I get along with them well as long as they are rather intelligent and we share some interests. However, if we share interests, I find its for very different reasons, whereas I don't find that as often with NFJs (usually similar reasons for similar interests). If I have nothing in common with an ESFP, then I don't tend to clique with them though; their thinking is the most foreign to me of the FPs and even the NFJs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's a very individual thing - I feel like I have quite a bit in common with several ENFPs on this site, but then again some ENFPs I don't relate to at all. My IRL bff from high school is ENFJ and I have a close ENFP friend, and I would say that I love them equally and relate to them intellectually equally, but I probably emotionally understand the ENFP better ...same with my ENFJ sister who I get along with quite well usually and feel strongly is my intellectual equal - but emotionally, I don't get her, and she doesn't understand certain things about me and my ExFP sister and our emotional make-up. I know for a fact I have more in common with certain traits with my ExFP sister and ESFP mom though they both piss me off more often lol.

There are some INFJs on this site I relate to, and I tend to respect their type, but then others seem ridiculously uptight to me, and I don't relate at all. Again, this is an individual thing.