User Tag List

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENxJ

Default INFJ with a weak sx?

What I usually read about infj's is that they're able to relate and talk to people. (One site even said they were the most extroverted of all introverts). I feel that I am able to relate to people, I've very empathetic.
    But as far as cognitive functions go, I'm sp/so/sx. Meaning I'm weak at talking to people in a group as well as one-on-one.
    This two pieces of info seem to conflict to me - unless it's a common issue for INFJs. Does anyone else have this? Or can someone explain how both these are true at the same time?
    Fi = Ti, Fe = Te. 4w5, sp/so/sx.

Hi hearthem. I don't know about such calculations, but I have noticed other people here saying similar things. If you take a look through these threads to see if any of it rings true, that might be a start

INFJ needing help
    Can't talk to people
    INFJs and emotions
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm an INFJ, and I'm extremely sociable. I'm sure that other people think I'm an E. But I can only be sociable for awhile and then I have to go home and crash and usually torture myself with what went wrong with the conversations.

Sniffles

I notice I'm better talking one-on-one than in a group too. Not only that it also depends on the subject matter. Personal topics are very difficult to discuss in a group, wheras topics like politics would be easier to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I'm an INFJ, and I'm extremely sociable. I'm sure that other people think I'm an E. But I can only be sociable for awhile and then I have to go home and crash and usually torture myself with what went wrong with the conversations.
    OMG Lily flower! I do this same thing!

I don’t have anything extraordinarily useful to add to this thread except maybe to say that I am an ENFP sx/sp/so…and promise you…my E and/or my sx do not automatically transform me into a ‘social butterfly’.

I believe the ENFP are considered the opposite. I believe some call the ENFP the ‘introverted extrovert’. But again…I’ve got the E and the sx …and will still feel very nervous and awkward in social situations…and often find it difficult to connect in the way I would like in one-on-one situations.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I'm sure that some people think I'm an extrovert as well. When I'm in a room full of people, I'll seek out the people I know and talk with them one on one. At work, I talk easily with the people I work with and love the interactions. On my breaks I take a walk alone and I almost never join in lunchroom chat. If I'm extraverted for too long, I also shut down. I suddenly become very quiet, start to daydream, and need to leave. I literally can't be present any longer. I was in a work situation recently where my feelings and my intuitive radar for another person was on constantly for nearly a week. I realized afterward how I was extraverting my feeling function and how draining that was for me. At the end of the week, I literally crashed from being in such a highly aroused state that I couldn't sleep most nights. I will get pulled in by what I'm feeling from others--I can't shut out the feelings or energy, especially if it's another intuitive feeler So, I enjoy being alone to recharge, though I can be alone too much at times.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Hi hearthem. I don't know about such calculations, but I have noticed other people here saying similar things. If you take a look through these threads to see if any of it rings true, that might be a start

INFJ needing help
    Can't talk to people
    INFJs and emotions
    Thanks for these links! They're very helpful
    Fi = Ti, Fe = Te. 4w5, sp/so/sx.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think you're asking a very important question. the sp/so injs i've known have very similar issues. they were warmer and more likable than me, but i have a much easier time exploring people (i'm an sx/sp). sp types tend to grant much more privacy and space to others, and they like to share more distantly, more privately. i want to tear down the walls and make eye contact and share what is most true for each of us individually. i am motivated to go after something, so if someone has the spotlight shining on them, i become quite immersed and am able to get out of myself.