User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default xNFP's are you sensitive to caffeine and alcohol?

xNFP's are you sensitive to caffeine and alcohol?

Does caffeine keep you awake if you drink it late in the day?

Do you feel the symptoms of a hangover earlier than most people? For example, do you get muscle aches or a headache while still drinking (perhaps only your second glass of wine or beer?)

Does alcohol make you mood shift? Do you become very silly with some alcohols, but depressed with others?
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally yep i do. i seem to be very sensitive to everything...almost never take any kind of medication...cold medicine makes me really loopy and pain medicine makes me super sick. if i start drinking i kinda need to keep drinking until i go to bed or i get a hangover...not that i always do. i often don't but i do start to get a really bad headache and i love caffeine but it really keeps me up. i know some people that can have a coke with dinner or a coffee after and go right to bed like nothing. i can't at all.

oh and yes different types of alcohol effect me way differently.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, I'm also affected.

Although alcohol doesn't have "more of an effect on me" when I drink it, I find that, if I get a hangover, it's usually pretty strong. Also, alocohol can make me "feel weird" as well, which is little more than a curious feeling of unease. Sometimes it doesn't happen, though.

Caffeine gives me a headache almost immediately if I'm even very slightly dehydrated. If I drink coffee (which is seldom), I'll usually drink water pretty soon afterwards to counteract the headache. It seems to work.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I drink caffeine basically all day long (probably not too healthy), so it is basically normal state for me. I notice that when I don't drink any caffeine in the day that I get very tired though. But I can get through the days/nights without it too.

I never had headache etc. from alchohol yet for some reason. I mean, I don't drink very often alcohol and don't have THAT much experience, but when I do, then mostly I drink a little more. Yes, alcohol makes my mood shift; I don't know though if different sorts of alcohol influence my mood differently than others, I always thought it is the situation which influences becoming more silly or more depressed. Never paid attention whether it was the type of alcohol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I've never felt any influence of caffeine, and i am also unfamiliar with the so called "sugar-rush"

Alcohol is like poison though, never have headaches, but it always kills my stomach the day after (usually follows a cycle where i feel very sick upon waking up, then i get better during the day before i get sick again in the evening, it's very weird.)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm not as effected by caffeine as I used to be, but some teas will make me shakey and feel very wired. I'm very sensitive to alcohol. I can feel very drunk on two or three beers (someone once called me a 'cheap date').

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Interesting. There is a book by a health guru named D'Adamo that attempts to categorize people's physiological character to other traits, like their personality. He uses the same type system we do here. He has those that score as both Intuitive and Perceiving as being very likely to be sensitive to medicine, caffeine, and alcohol. Check it out, if you are curious. (Just google search for D'Adamo.)

The book includes health tips, including a diet for the xNxP's!
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I drink a lot of coffee and it has absolutely no influence on me. You know like how there are people who get an energy boost when they drink it? Well, I don't. I just drink it for the taste and I never really noticed any increase of energy. Alcohol on the other hand gets me depressed after one drink, so actually I don't drink at all.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am going to chime in anyway.. because I like this topic.

Coffee is mixed.. I often drink it in the evening and have no ill effects when it comes to sleep. Every now and then .. late evening coffee turns out to be a bad idea. I am not sure if actually helps in the mornings.
    It does seem to be an integral part of my wake up ritual regardless.

Alcohol.. what can I say? I used to cry when the beer ran out. But one day when I was around 23 years old.. seemingly over night I went from "Never heard of a hangover", to hangovers lasting 3-4 days .. seriously, I would drink Friday night and maybe by Tuesday I was feeling human again.. It's also stupidity in a bottle.. so for those reasons I just slowly stopped drinking .. By the time I was 28.. I would say I was no longer a drinker at all.. Now, Like someone said.. I have been referred as the "cheap date" 2 drinks and I am normally spinning. I have gone well over a calender year at times without so much as a drop.

I also have trouble sleeping when I drink.. It really messes with my blood sugar levels .. booze does not so much down me, as it much as it wires me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm with Arc..i'm a J but i wanna answer this anyway..

I have some pretty severe anxiety and even tho i use to drink Rockstar energy drinks by the barrel.. i can no longer handle it. I've never drank a cup of coffee, tea or any other caffeinated beverage in my life other than an energy drink.. i don't really know why i could handle them for a little while but not anymore. I steer clear as much as i can or i'm just asking for a panic attack.

I used to drink pretty heavily.. but in the past few years as i've gone into my late 20s i can barely drink at all.. and i usually only want to a few times a year..or to have a single beer here and there. Also, when i drink, if i go past the buzz stage i black out. Not fuzzy memories from the night before, just complete blackness. Not something i care to do again.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain