• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFP's are you sensitive to caffeine and alcohol?

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
bump!

:hiccup:

my cocktail's called "A Slow Comfortable Screw Up Agairnst The Wall"

sic

lolol

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Caffeine gives me panic attacks, and three shots gets me drunk. I don't get hangovers. I'm pretty sensitive to every drug I've tried (a lot) except stimulants for some reason. I have to snort twice the amount that most people do to feel anything, and even then, they don't feel that good.

I know an INFP girl who only feels drugs half the time, on literally every drug she's taken. She took three tabs of acid and felt nothing once.

Anyway, I really, really doubt this has much to do with type.

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
It depends. I can't take the amount of caffeine in your average cup of joe, but if it's green or white tea, I'm usually in the clear. There's an amino acid in tea, l-theanine that counteracts the jitters of caffeine. If I drink tea over about 4pm, I risk not being able to sleep all night, so try to avoid it.

As for alcohol, I just don't slam shots like some, and usually stick to the same beer...shiner bock...it works well for my chemistry. I can slam shiners all night, and not have an issue...well, I take that back. I will get hypomanic, and actually speed up after a drink or two, but this just means I get awesome :D

So overall, yea there's sensitivities, but I've learned how to work around it.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't drink caffeine very often, and i am pretty sensitive to it when i do. i'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol too, but i can't even get that drunk because i just puke it up and pass out after a certain point.

BUT i've taken hard drugs and not felt that affected by them sometimes. like caffeine and cocaine don't feel that different for me. :shrug:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess I'm senstive to detet both caffeine and alcohol, but I'm not any more sensitive to their effects than other people.

Burger King

Caffeine - Yep, I'm sensitive to it.
Alcohol - I don't drink much, but I guess I am.

It could be that my body hasn't gotten used to it all because I don't drink as frequently.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes and not as much. I use to drink a lot of energy drinks when I gamed and I'd wake up with my insides feeling weird. Moderated mtn dew is the way to go. Or beer.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Coffee and alcohol turns this INFP into Captain ENFP.

But I don't drink either frequently.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Caffeine doesn't always make me feel awake but it disrupts my sleep cycle EASILY. Same with alcohol. It really depends on the day how easily alcohol effects me. Same with most medicines.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Caffeine has practically no effect on me whatsoever.

I have a slightly high tolerance to alcohol, and I haven't really noticed any fundamental "personality changes" while drunk. Lowered inhibitions, but that's part of the effect and should go without saying.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't feel the hyper or being awake late thing from caffeine, but when I was in college 3-4 mt dews a day was enough to send me to the doctor because my heart was skipping beats. At the peak I was missing a beat every few minutes. Scared the hell out of me.

I had to go cold turkey and after like 2 weeks the heartbeat skipping had gradually gone away just as it had built up before.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am not sure what type I am, but yes I am sensitive to both caffeine and alcohol. When I drink a lot of alcohol, I usually wake up the next day with awful anxiety. Also, when I drink a lot of caffeine, I usually get very anxious as well.

air

MBTI Type
INFP
I've never had enough alcohol to drink to become drunk (one glass of wine, tops), so not sure about the hangover.

However, I easily get addicted to coffee and will get withdrawal symptoms. Impossible for me to sleep at night with it.

Chocolate and coffee makes me even more hyperactive.

tsumatachi_san

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't drink coffee or alcohol any more because they have such a strong affect on me - I can get drunk after only a few sips of an very weak alcoholic drink and strong caffeine makes my heart beat really fast and makes me feel dizzy. I find that even chocolate has a strong affect on me and all sugars, so I eat them in moderation.

I also got really bad hangovers from alcohol, even if I drank lots of water. Once I got a hangover that felt like serious flu after an hour...

Hecuba

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Yes, Yes!

If I consume too much coffee, forget about it folks! I am totally wired and I end up feeling achy and fatigued not to mention my heart-racing. I end up shaking a lot, and conversely I end up having my mind running a lot more into even more baseless thoughts based on nothing more than fear and anxiety.

If I have too much alcohol, well then I am miserable as piss. I end up becoming really grouchy and testy towards people. So my limit, rather threshold for alcohol is very very low. I also end up with a headache, which only makes my bad mood worse.