User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I do have a strong reaction to caffeine. I have rules for myself so I don't end up still awake at 3am - I avoid drinking coke (which is what this is really about ) after 6:30pm and don't drink more than 1 a day.

Alcohol is less obvious. I can have a very strong reaction to it on some days and on others I feel like it does nothing at all. I can have some mean hangovers when I drink a lot - they have been known to last 2 days. I haven't noticed if I feel the effects early because I wouldn't have attributed it to that but I will keep this in mind next time. My mood does shift when I'm drinking but all alcohol tends to have the same affect on me; there isn't any variation between them.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't consider myself particularly sensitive, no. Caffeine does little to keep me awake, but too much with too little food can make me shaky. I'm probably a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, getting tipsy after just 2 drinks, but I rarely get anything resembling a hangover (probably because I never get really drunk). Occasionally, when I drink something with a lot of sulfates (mainly beer), I get this weird pain behind my ears, but it doesn't last long.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

not caffeine. alcohol, my tolerance is decent, but not extremely high. what i am VERY sensitive to, is sound.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Hero View Post
    xNFP's are you sensitive to caffeine and alcohol?

Does caffeine keep you awake if you drink it late in the day?

Do you feel the symptoms of a hangover earlier than most people? For example, do you get muscle aches or a headache while still drinking (perhaps only your second glass of wine or beer?)

Does alcohol make you mood shift? Do you become very silly with some alcohols, but depressed with others?
    Not an NFP but I thought I'd chime in.

I'm very sensitive to the effects of caffeine. If I drink it later in the day, I'm guaranteed to have trouble going to bed at my usual time that night. I will use caffeine to my advantage when I'm low energy and need a 'lift' but if I have too much, I will pay the price later. I do get headaches and a serious dip in energy when the caffeine wears off so I am trying to wean myself off it.

I hardly ever drink alcohol but even one drink is enough to make me more tired. I never drink more than one drink in a setting. I'm afraid to get drunk because I'm afraid of losing control and doing something stupid. I don't drink enough alcohol to notice a significant change in my mood.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I started drinking when I was 14, a lot, and I could drink absolutely anything for a while without any sensitivity, that was actually awesome, because i'd spend so little money - i used to drink pure vodka without any juice directly from bottle... Then i become sensitie to alcohol when my dad died (dunno why maybe i just got out of party mood) and now i'm much more picky. However, I dont really change my personality when I'm drunk a lot, at all actually... I stay completely the same.. with minor excesses

About caffeine, not sensitive at all, i am addicted to coffee though

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Medication, caffine, alcohol.. Im quite sensitive to all of it.

Alcohol used not be so much at all. Since I've gone into this 'drink very seldomly' phase, and stopped entirely drinking more than 3 glasses of anything in a given setting, my tolerance for it declined to accomodate that.

I cannot consume caffine. I just can't.

I'm sensitive to medication -- which sucks.. frequently the things people take to cure headaches cause them in me. I think part of that is caffine is a head-ache cure, but also causes them.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ oh interesting point! i'm very sensitive to medicine as well. my dad's a doctor and points out that i probably should be more sensitive to some meds but not others, but i'm fairly medicine-sensitive across the board. i don't know if maybe my placebo effect is just awesome or what, but i tend to need rather low dosages to set me straight. i also can usually be calmed of a headache by laying down and listening to soft music just as easily as i can by taking an ibuprofen (yes, one...)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

I have an extremely high natural tolerance to every drug i've ever tried.
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey
    It is bad luck to be superstitious.
    - Andrew W. Mathis

sp/sx/so

i'm a cheap date.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

I don't drink that much, so that's not going to help my tolerance with alchohol. I have a lot of size though (I'm around 6'4"/6'5"), and yet, I still get drunk easier (and worse) than most people I know. Coffee tolerance has improved. I drink too much of it now. There was one time though in the past where I actually had to call my dad to pick me up. I was shopping and hanging out at bookstores, sipping on coffee, and after a certain point, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I mean, I was seriously afraid for my life.