• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF styyyyle

Sunny Ghost

it's often the SP's that are known for their style. either ahead of the trends, or starting their own.

but... i'm curious about NF's. i've known quite a number of ENFP's and most of them have quite a stand out style. what about INFP's, INFJ's, ENFJ's?

MBTI Type
Mann
I feel like I am mostly wandering around in my own little bubble. I try to understand everything I come into contact with and typically search on the fringe. A book is my best friend. I would prefer to be left alone to wander, but college/life calls.

V

violaine

Appearance conscious INFJ here. I think the culture and the environment you were raised in comes into play. e.g. Most of the peeps I know here in NYC are more about practicality than optimizing their appearance in what they wear. It surprised me until I figured out that everyone is so academically/career oriented, fashion just tends to fall off the cliff. I have rarely come across everyday people who are into their look. This is not the case in other places I've lived. I was raised in a very appearance conscious lil world but I also just naturally enjoyed expressing myself through my appearance. It was a way to assert my individuality that had nothing to do with anyone else.

I'm conscious of trends in fashion but I like doing my own thing. I don't like the fashion merry-go-round. I like experimenting with different looks and if I had naturally light colored hair, I would have a different hair color every month.

Even though I like playing around with how I look, I don't judge other people by how they look or take it too seriously. I have had a funny issue when I've dated conservative dressers or guys who don't care what they look like because we can look a little odd paired together.

Btw, both of my parents were SPs. :-D

Sunny Ghost

^haha. i have a similar experience with conservative dressing boyfriends. it always made me feel odd and funky.

so with NF's style concern or lack there of, is variable, you think?

my INFP ex was a bit more conservative or completely mishap... depending on the day. i'd often try and dress him to fix this.

of the two INFJ friends i have, one's a goth kid. the other is all about what's affordable and decent. she could pull together some great, interesting and different looks. other days, her style was questionable.

of the few ENFJ's i know, one's incredibly stylish. i think it's due to her upbringing though. she was always one of the best dressed people i knew. the male ENFJ i know like's polo's, button ups, and cool hats. simple but stylish. nothing that really grabs attention though. and the other ENFJ is a bit more into club wear. tight showy tops and etc. she's a bit of a wild child. but brilliant.

i've noticed several ENFP's that really love to stand out with their style. they aren't afraid of crazy fashion. they definitely use it as an extension of their personality.

H

Hate

but... i'm curious about NF's. i've known quite a number of ENFP's and most of them have quite a stand out style. what about INFP's, INFJ's, ENFJ's?

Yeah I got style. It's called G' style. I got a pimp strut too.

1234294985_futuramabenderpimpwalk.gif

Speaking of style, where's that knitted sweater you owe me?

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
My style is probably a compromise of what feels right to me, what seems acceptable in society and simply what clothes are available - I mean, I go in a clothes shop and there everything looks the same according to the current trend? There is barely a choice at all, so I take what looks least annoying / most acceptable to me. Usually the result is a rather simplistic style, nothing very attention-seeking, while still being a little, little bit out of mainstream maybe.

If there was no social pressure at all and I would have every clothes as a choice that I could think of, I cannot imagine what the result would have been actually. Maybe I would do something crazy, maybe I would still stick to a simplistic style, who knows? :)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Classic, with a twist of romanticism, geek-chic, and bohemian look. I don't look to be trendy, I look for clothes that express who I am and how I'm feeling.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have an idealized version of the kind of wardrobe I'd like to have, but I have a difficult time making that wardrobe a reality. One of the many reasons I decided to start sewing my own clothes for myself. (Not that I've gotten very far, but I feel it's possible!)

I like a lot of classic pieces, but I also like "adventure" and sportier clothes. I've never been one for really flashy tops (although I can wear short skirts pretty well) or trends.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure how stylish I am. In high school I wore a lot of baby doll dresses with tights and combat boots, skirts with fishnets (you can see me still doing that on my most recent video) and really colorful "hippie" clothes. I tend to like anklets and big hoop earrings.

However, for the most part I wear a lot of jeans and funky tee shirts or classic sweaters, shorts and tee shirt, etc.

I like wearing a sweater with tights, and some of my clothes may even be a little juvenile, but I'm still able to pull it off.

I like the idea of being more fashionable, but honestly I can't really afford it, and it's not enough of a priority to me to get more money to buy more clothes.

I remember at one point all of my clothes were either way too casual or way too sexy, that I had NOTHING conservative or business like. In fact, that mindset still kind of dominates my clothing choices, but not as severely as when I was younger.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love clothes...i really do...i love how i feel different in different things...it's fun for me. i get in moods where i really wanna dress up...it doesn't really matter if i have anywhere to go. i don't always dress appropriately...sometimes i overdress...sometimes i feel like i need a bit of glitter on my face haha or a frilly headband thing...i like to layer things...long sleeve shirts under short sleeves or dresses and skirts over jeans..i like accessories like hats and scarves...i love colorful textured tights...i like playing with make up and hair and all of it...but that's not to say i don't just wear simple things a lot...or go without make up...because i do a lot...right now i just have jeans and boots and fitted blouse top thing...pretty simple.

Sunny Ghost

Yeah I got style. It's called G' style. I got a pimp strut too.

1234294985_futuramabenderpimpwalk.gif

Speaking of style, where's that knitted sweater you owe me?

well, of course i figured you to have that pimp style.

oh, and that sweater... i'm still working on scarves first. maybe i'll try sweaters sometime before next winter. for now, you'll just have to be cold.

My style is probably a compromise of what feels right to me, what seems acceptable in society and simply what clothes are available - I mean, I go in a clothes shop and there everything looks the same according to the current trend? There is barely a choice at all, so I take what looks least annoying / most acceptable to me. Usually the result is a rather simplistic style, nothing very attention-seeking, while still being a little, little bit out of mainstream maybe.

If there was no social pressure at all and I would have every clothes as a choice that I could think of, I cannot imagine what the result would have been actually. Maybe I would do something crazy, maybe I would still stick to a simplistic style, who knows? :)
your style sounds the closest to my own. i'm mostly about comfort. but i like to mix and match mainstream or trendy clothing (as that's what's available when i clothes shop) with things that are old and classic to my closet, and most likely out of the mainstream look. i hate looking as though i just hopped out of a clothing catalog.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like fashion quite a bit; not as a status symbol, but as inspiration. I like trends because novelty excites me, but I don't follow anything for its own sake. I like to take risks & experiment here & there & adopt something new into my general look to keep it fresh. I admit that I get bored with clothes quickly... I have a bit of a quirky style at times, but nothing too crazy. I like to exercise creativity in my appearance, basically; and I do value aesthetics & idealize beauty (but I prefer "interesting" to "sexy" any day of the week). I'm probably more interested in form over function also, but not to the point of being ridiculous. (Incidentally, SPs tend to like my style a lot, actually :p)

Every NFP I've ever met is pretty much the same way; a bit quirky & likes to have fun with clothes. Online though, some INFPs express preferring plain dress & putting little thought into their appearance, so I suppose it varies a lot.

My impression of INFJs is most seem rather plain, preferring classic styles & dark colors, but occasionally one will cultivate a very defined style. All of the ENFJ men I know are very plain, and rather poor at choosing clothing as they have no interest in it; but I have one female ENFJ friend who is very stylish. She manages to be aware of trends but still maintain her own style, which is the kind of approach I like for myself, so we can bond over that :p. Another ENFJ female friend is quite pragmatic with her style & prefers a simple look; so once again, a lot of variety among NFs.

sleepy

Form over colour.

Function over fashion.

Complexity and simplicity.

I prefer to not stand out.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I'm pretty stylish, and am often complimented on my clothes. I have an eye for a good jumper.

My contempt for other people (in general) meant that I used to wear stuff that other people wouldn't, mainly because I really didn't mind people criticising it - I wasn't paying attention to them. This led me to wear foulards and neckerchiefs between the ages of 18-21 which led to quite a few compliments from girls. It was a sort of hybrid of dandyism and indie which I thought suited me quite well since I was tall and skinny. I ditched the look when I got bigger (I used to have a 34" chest; now it's 42") because it didn't really "go" anymore after I had started to play sports again. When I was in my teens I used to wear really tight jeans - this also used to garner me interest from a few girls, which was nice. My girlfriend at the time was (and still is) an artist, so clothing was a teenage means of expression.

Once again, I've started to pay more of an interest in what I wear; during my Masters degree, I sort of stopped being interested, because I never went out and was always studying. Now I'm aware of actually being young and feel like I want to make the most of my "beauteous youth" before other life responsibilities creep up on me. I prefer classic simplicity; I never wear gaudy stuff, even though nu-rave-meets-hush-puppies is the current trend for the pretentious Shoreditch Wanker.

V

violaine

^haha. i have a similar experience with conservative dressing boyfriends. it always made me feel odd and funky.

so with NF's style concern or lack there of, is variable, you think?

my INFP ex was a bit more conservative or completely mishap... depending on the day. i'd often try and dress him to fix this.

of the two INFJ friends i have, one's a goth kid. the other is all about what's affordable and decent. she could pull together some great, interesting and different looks. other days, her style was questionable.

of the few ENFJ's i know, one's incredibly stylish. i think it's due to her upbringing though. she was always one of the best dressed people i knew. the male ENFJ i know like's polo's, button ups, and cool hats. simple but stylish. nothing that really grabs attention though. and the other ENFJ is a bit more into club wear. tight showy tops and etc. she's a bit of a wild child. but brilliant.

i've noticed several ENFP's that really love to stand out with their style. they aren't afraid of crazy fashion. they definitely use it as an extension of their personality.

Haha. Have you ever tried to change the way a boyfriend dresses? I have been sorely tempted sometimes but ultimately, I feel like I'm stomping on their individuality so I don't. And I know that's the right tack for me because in instances where someone has made fun of someone I'm with for what they are wearing, well, I absolutely let them have it. :laugh: I hate snobbery.

I think I'm variable in what I wear. Definitely influenced by whatever music I've been listening to. :laugh: I like dressing as an expression of my personality but I make concessions sometimes depending on external circumstances. I don't like the idea that I can't just dress how I want all the time but I realize irl that I'm not an untouchable piece of 'art' of my own making. By that I mean if I ever want to wear something that is revealing (in an edgy way or an elegant way) I know that people think I'm sending some kind of message. That is really annoying. Sometimes I feel like just rebelling against that idea but I haven't quite perfected sending the message of "I'm wearing this for me, not you, dummy." I really admire when a woman wears whatever she pleases, according to her own ethos, whatever that may be.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Clothing is.. something I've struggled with for some time now. I love it, and the way it looks, and the different get-ups.. my fear of wearing the things I like stem from several subjects. So.. for now. I dress like a cartoon character.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't think I even had a clue about fashion until I was about 38 years old. (The first year I painted my toes!) I dressed appropriately for work, but as far as being stylish, I didn't really have any interest or idea. The guys I dated often said things like, "I like that you don't use a lot of makeup," so I guess it worked out ok.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The ENFP's I know - one has a great sense of style, the other is more earthy.

The ENFJ's I know - one dresses well (but his wife chooses his clothes), the others (several) all are very relaxed.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm in the plain and dark colors camp. Everything I own is black, gray, brown, or dark olive green. I almost bought something dark blue yesterday but decided against it. It seemed flashy. I don't wear white because it's too bright. Even beige or tan seems like it's screaming to me.

I'll lighten up a little in the summer and sometimes I buy and wear colors and all that, but honestly, I'd rather not be bothered. I would love some sort of comfortable uniform. Putting outfits together mostly bores me stiff and I hate to shop.

There are a couple of specific shades of green, blue, and purple that look great on me, and if I find a piece in one of those colors, I'll buy it and wear it with my darks, but finding those shades in the right style and size and fabric is once in a million. I am so sad when those pieces wear out.

My every day purse is dark silver metallic leather. I like animal print very sparsely, like, in a purse lining or the insole of a shoe. I don't like jewelry at all except for earrings.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like unique clothing and don't like to follow mainstream trends much. I'm kinda all over the place with fashion, sometimes I'm all about wearing cute dresses over jeans with heels or flats, then the next week it's fitted Dickies and a hoody with some Dunks, then I will change it up with some rockabilly vintage style. I love fashion :) I dont like to feel scrubby, it makes me uncomfortable.