Thread: NF styyyyle

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default NF styyyyle

it's often the SP's that are known for their style. either ahead of the trends, or starting their own.

but... i'm curious about NF's. i've known quite a number of ENFP's and most of them have quite a stand out style. what about INFP's, INFJ's, ENFJ's?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

I feel like I am mostly wandering around in my own little bubble. I try to understand everything I come into contact with and typically search on the fringe. A book is my best friend. I would prefer to be left alone to wander, but college/life calls.

violaine

Appearance conscious INFJ here. I think the culture and the environment you were raised in comes into play. e.g. Most of the peeps I know here in NYC are more about practicality than optimizing their appearance in what they wear. It surprised me until I figured out that everyone is so academically/career oriented, fashion just tends to fall off the cliff. I have rarely come across everyday people who are into their look. This is not the case in other places I've lived. I was raised in a very appearance conscious lil world but I also just naturally enjoyed expressing myself through my appearance. It was a way to assert my individuality that had nothing to do with anyone else.

I'm conscious of trends in fashion but I like doing my own thing. I don't like the fashion merry-go-round. I like experimenting with different looks and if I had naturally light colored hair, I would have a different hair color every month.

Even though I like playing around with how I look, I don't judge other people by how they look or take it too seriously. I have had a funny issue when I've dated conservative dressers or guys who don't care what they look like because we can look a little odd paired together.

Btw, both of my parents were SPs. :-D

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^haha. i have a similar experience with conservative dressing boyfriends. it always made me feel odd and funky.

so with NF's style concern or lack there of, is variable, you think?

my INFP ex was a bit more conservative or completely mishap... depending on the day. i'd often try and dress him to fix this.

of the two INFJ friends i have, one's a goth kid. the other is all about what's affordable and decent. she could pull together some great, interesting and different looks. other days, her style was questionable.

of the few ENFJ's i know, one's incredibly stylish. i think it's due to her upbringing though. she was always one of the best dressed people i knew. the male ENFJ i know like's polo's, button ups, and cool hats. simple but stylish. nothing that really grabs attention though. and the other ENFJ is a bit more into club wear. tight showy tops and etc. she's a bit of a wild child. but brilliant.

i've noticed several ENFP's that really love to stand out with their style. they aren't afraid of crazy fashion. they definitely use it as an extension of their personality.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    but... i'm curious about NF's. i've known quite a number of ENFP's and most of them have quite a stand out style. what about INFP's, INFJ's, ENFJ's?
    Yeah I got style. It's called G' style. I got a pimp strut too.

Speaking of style, where's that knitted sweater you owe me?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

My style is probably a compromise of what feels right to me, what seems acceptable in society and simply what clothes are available - I mean, I go in a clothes shop and there everything looks the same according to the current trend? There is barely a choice at all, so I take what looks least annoying / most acceptable to me. Usually the result is a rather simplistic style, nothing very attention-seeking, while still being a little, little bit out of mainstream maybe.

If there was no social pressure at all and I would have every clothes as a choice that I could think of, I cannot imagine what the result would have been actually. Maybe I would do something crazy, maybe I would still stick to a simplistic style, who knows?

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Classic, with a twist of romanticism, geek-chic, and bohemian look. I don't look to be trendy, I look for clothes that express who I am and how I'm feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFJ

I have an idealized version of the kind of wardrobe I'd like to have, but I have a difficult time making that wardrobe a reality. One of the many reasons I decided to start sewing my own clothes for myself. (Not that I've gotten very far, but I feel it's possible!)

I like a lot of classic pieces, but I also like "adventure" and sportier clothes. I've never been one for really flashy tops (although I can wear short skirts pretty well) or trends.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not sure how stylish I am. In high school I wore a lot of baby doll dresses with tights and combat boots, skirts with fishnets (you can see me still doing that on my most recent video) and really colorful "hippie" clothes. I tend to like anklets and big hoop earrings.

However, for the most part I wear a lot of jeans and funky tee shirts or classic sweaters, shorts and tee shirt, etc.

I like wearing a sweater with tights, and some of my clothes may even be a little juvenile, but I'm still able to pull it off.

I like the idea of being more fashionable, but honestly I can't really afford it, and it's not enough of a priority to me to get more money to buy more clothes.

I remember at one point all of my clothes were either way too casual or way too sexy, that I had NOTHING conservative or business like. In fact, that mindset still kind of dominates my clothing choices, but not as severely as when I was younger.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i love clothes...i really do...i love how i feel different in different things...it's fun for me. i get in moods where i really wanna dress up...it doesn't really matter if i have anywhere to go. i don't always dress appropriately...sometimes i overdress...sometimes i feel like i need a bit of glitter on my face haha or a frilly headband thing...i like to layer things...long sleeve shirts under short sleeves or dresses and skirts over jeans..i like accessories like hats and scarves...i love colorful textured tights...i like playing with make up and hair and all of it...but that's not to say i don't just wear simple things a lot...or go without make up...because i do a lot...right now i just have jeans and boots and fitted blouse top thing...pretty simple.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison