Thread: NF styyyyle

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Yeah I got style. It's called G' style. I got a pimp strut too.

Speaking of style, where's that knitted sweater you owe me?
    well, of course i figured you to have that pimp style.

oh, and that sweater... i'm still working on scarves first. maybe i'll try sweaters sometime before next winter. for now, you'll just have to be cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    My style is probably a compromise of what feels right to me, what seems acceptable in society and simply what clothes are available - I mean, I go in a clothes shop and there everything looks the same according to the current trend? There is barely a choice at all, so I take what looks least annoying / most acceptable to me. Usually the result is a rather simplistic style, nothing very attention-seeking, while still being a little, little bit out of mainstream maybe.

If there was no social pressure at all and I would have every clothes as a choice that I could think of, I cannot imagine what the result would have been actually. Maybe I would do something crazy, maybe I would still stick to a simplistic style, who knows?
    your style sounds the closest to my own. i'm mostly about comfort. but i like to mix and match mainstream or trendy clothing (as that's what's available when i clothes shop) with things that are old and classic to my closet, and most likely out of the mainstream look. i hate looking as though i just hopped out of a clothing catalog.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like fashion quite a bit; not as a status symbol, but as inspiration. I like trends because novelty excites me, but I don't follow anything for its own sake. I like to take risks & experiment here & there & adopt something new into my general look to keep it fresh. I admit that I get bored with clothes quickly... I have a bit of a quirky style at times, but nothing too crazy. I like to exercise creativity in my appearance, basically; and I do value aesthetics & idealize beauty (but I prefer "interesting" to "sexy" any day of the week). I'm probably more interested in form over function also, but not to the point of being ridiculous. (Incidentally, SPs tend to like my style a lot, actually :P)

Every NFP I've ever met is pretty much the same way; a bit quirky & likes to have fun with clothes. Online though, some INFPs express preferring plain dress & putting little thought into their appearance, so I suppose it varies a lot.

My impression of INFJs is most seem rather plain, preferring classic styles & dark colors, but occasionally one will cultivate a very defined style. All of the ENFJ men I know are very plain, and rather poor at choosing clothing as they have no interest in it; but I have one female ENFJ friend who is very stylish. She manages to be aware of trends but still maintain her own style, which is the kind of approach I like for myself, so we can bond over that :P. Another ENFJ female friend is quite pragmatic with her style & prefers a simple look; so once again, a lot of variety among NFs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Form over colour.

Function over fashion.

Complexity and simplicity.

I prefer to not stand out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, I'm pretty stylish, and am often complimented on my clothes. I have an eye for a good jumper.

My contempt for other people (in general) meant that I used to wear stuff that other people wouldn't, mainly because I really didn't mind people criticising it - I wasn't paying attention to them. This led me to wear foulards and neckerchiefs between the ages of 18-21 which led to quite a few compliments from girls. It was a sort of hybrid of dandyism and indie which I thought suited me quite well since I was tall and skinny. I ditched the look when I got bigger (I used to have a 34" chest; now it's 42") because it didn't really "go" anymore after I had started to play sports again. When I was in my teens I used to wear really tight jeans - this also used to garner me interest from a few girls, which was nice. My girlfriend at the time was (and still is) an artist, so clothing was a teenage means of expression.

Once again, I've started to pay more of an interest in what I wear; during my Masters degree, I sort of stopped being interested, because I never went out and was always studying. Now I'm aware of actually being young and feel like I want to make the most of my "beauteous youth" before other life responsibilities creep up on me. I prefer classic simplicity; I never wear gaudy stuff, even though nu-rave-meets-hush-puppies is the current trend for the pretentious Shoreditch Wanker.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ^haha. i have a similar experience with conservative dressing boyfriends. it always made me feel odd and funky.

so with NF's style concern or lack there of, is variable, you think?

my INFP ex was a bit more conservative or completely mishap... depending on the day. i'd often try and dress him to fix this.

of the two INFJ friends i have, one's a goth kid. the other is all about what's affordable and decent. she could pull together some great, interesting and different looks. other days, her style was questionable.

of the few ENFJ's i know, one's incredibly stylish. i think it's due to her upbringing though. she was always one of the best dressed people i knew. the male ENFJ i know like's polo's, button ups, and cool hats. simple but stylish. nothing that really grabs attention though. and the other ENFJ is a bit more into club wear. tight showy tops and etc. she's a bit of a wild child. but brilliant.

i've noticed several ENFP's that really love to stand out with their style. they aren't afraid of crazy fashion. they definitely use it as an extension of their personality.
    Haha. Have you ever tried to change the way a boyfriend dresses? I have been sorely tempted sometimes but ultimately, I feel like I'm stomping on their individuality so I don't. And I know that's the right tack for me because in instances where someone has made fun of someone I'm with for what they are wearing, well, I absolutely let them have it. I hate snobbery.

I think I'm variable in what I wear. Definitely influenced by whatever music I've been listening to. I like dressing as an expression of my personality but I make concessions sometimes depending on external circumstances. I don't like the idea that I can't just dress how I want all the time but I realize irl that I'm not an untouchable piece of 'art' of my own making. By that I mean if I ever want to wear something that is revealing (in an edgy way or an elegant way) I know that people think I'm sending some kind of message. That is really annoying. Sometimes I feel like just rebelling against that idea but I haven't quite perfected sending the message of "I'm wearing this for me, not you, dummy." I really admire when a woman wears whatever she pleases, according to her own ethos, whatever that may be.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Clothing is.. something I've struggled with for some time now. I love it, and the way it looks, and the different get-ups.. my fear of wearing the things I like stem from several subjects. So.. for now. I dress like a cartoon character.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't think I even had a clue about fashion until I was about 38 years old. (The first year I painted my toes!) I dressed appropriately for work, but as far as being stylish, I didn't really have any interest or idea. The guys I dated often said things like, "I like that you don't use a lot of makeup," so I guess it worked out ok.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The ENFP's I know - one has a great sense of style, the other is more earthy.

The ENFJ's I know - one dresses well (but his wife chooses his clothes), the others (several) all are very relaxed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm in the plain and dark colors camp. Everything I own is black, gray, brown, or dark olive green. I almost bought something dark blue yesterday but decided against it. It seemed flashy. I don't wear white because it's too bright. Even beige or tan seems like it's screaming to me.

I'll lighten up a little in the summer and sometimes I buy and wear colors and all that, but honestly, I'd rather not be bothered. I would love some sort of comfortable uniform. Putting outfits together mostly bores me stiff and I hate to shop.

There are a couple of specific shades of green, blue, and purple that look great on me, and if I find a piece in one of those colors, I'll buy it and wear it with my darks, but finding those shades in the right style and size and fabric is once in a million. I am so sad when those pieces wear out.

My every day purse is dark silver metallic leather. I like animal print very sparsely, like, in a purse lining or the insole of a shoe. I don't like jewelry at all except for earrings.

I like unique clothing and don't like to follow mainstream trends much. I'm kinda all over the place with fashion, sometimes I'm all about wearing cute dresses over jeans with heels or flats, then the next week it's fitted Dickies and a hoody with some Dunks, then I will change it up with some rockabilly vintage style. I love fashion I dont like to feel scrubby, it makes me uncomfortable.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari