User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp

Default I wanna date an INFP

I find INFP to be fascinating. Only met one and I was in love. Too bad I acted desperate. Anyway where can I find you guys?

places I already know where to search
    -cafe
    -bookstore/library
    -park
    -church

Whenever the girl left her place it was one of these ^ places. Any easier way to spot you guys? I just hope when I find one she's single!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Those are your best bets (here are some more possibilities)..... I don't come across fellow INFPs much, and I imagine it's because we tend to be pretty low-key.

Personally, I am a bit of a loner, and so I am apt to be found alone in public. I probably have a bit of a spacey/dreamy look. Generally speaking, INFPs tend to dress very plain without much interest in their appearance or a bit offbeat if they care about their dress.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

No you don't. Unless the girl infps are very different to the guys, they'll only piss you off as an intp . That said, I think Jennifer (?) is in a ltr with an infp, so something must be going right! Ime, they make good friends for us but nothing more.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Been there. Done that. Still don't know what the hell happened - it's all a confusing blur of repressed memories and unanswered questions.

I bet if you search around the fresh corpses of INTj, you might find one or two INFP somewhere. It's highly probable.
    Last edited by Arthur Schopenhauer; 12-14-2010 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Typo.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    No you don't. Unless the girl infps are very different to the guys, they'll only piss you off as an intp . That said, I think Jennifer (?) is in a ltr with an infp, so something must be going right! Ime, they make good friends for us but nothing more.
    How did your INFP piss you off?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    How did your INFP piss you off?
    Ah, he was just too emotionally sensitive and needed more from me than I could give. He had been in love with me for months before we got together, so it was always a bit uneven between us. We had great craic as friends but the needs of a friend are nowhere near as intense as the needs of a partner. It wasn't for me at all.

Of course, my post you quoted was intended as a tongue-in-cheek answer . I'm sure there's plenty of wonderful infps out there that appeal to intps.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I know you meant it in humor. I was just curious what truth lay underneath it.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    I find INFP to be fascinating. Only met one and I was in love. Too bad I acted desperate. Anyway where can I find you guys?

places I already know where to search
    -cafe
    -bookstore/library
    -park
    -church

Whenever the girl left her place it was one of these ^ places. Any easier way to spot you guys? I just hope when I find one she's single!
    How did you come off as desperate?

I can't imagine that INFPs congregate anywhere, as a whole - but you can try all kinds of crunchy things like biorhythm classes or any class or group involving poetry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, I know you want to date an INFP in general and not me in special, but I find you won't find me on any of the noted places; the problem is it is difficult to find me at public places at all. I heard from some other INFPs here they are similar in that way, so maybe I can still contribute a bit to the understanding, or so I hope at least.

My situation is that I don't know where to go alone in a public place, since I feel awkward going to somewhere alone and just sit there alone. And I am not the person who engages random strangers either. The problem is, if you don't want to go somewhere alone, you need to know people who go with you somewhere, and to get to know people somewhere you have to go out alone somewhere and engage with random strangers! Sounds probably kinda stupid, I know, but I am still thinking for myself what I could do to get to know people, and so I am thinking about somehow getting some kind of public hobby or something of that sort. And so while I am an INFP, funnily I look somehow like you a place where INFPs could go to - not to find some INFP to date (or maybe I do? ^^), but to find some place for myself to be actually! Since I realize it gets hard stopping to be lonely if you are only private all the time

The point is as I said that I heard from other INFPs here they have the same issue. And that is maybe why we (or at least some of us) are so difficult to get caught by other people like you.

So I find the thread interesting because I might find some inspiration where other INFPs might be found at.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

you can also search the internet. There are plenty of INFP's here. And unlike encountering them in public, you might actually be able to learn something about them.

nice wayne reynold's avatar btw