• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] I wanna date an INFP

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You cant date an infp, an infp dates you !

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
how's your infp girlfriend working out entropie? you guys have any epic Ti vs. Fi battles yet? :p

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
You can find me at home.

And, about the other comments here, I kinda liked the "library of behavioral sciences". I go there pretty rarely since I like home that much, but yep, you could spot me there. It's a bit awkward though, since it is located on a campus and while it is all right for random people to go there, it is still a bit like... hmm... I feel like trespassing now... So, I am the one looking like a secret agent, a bit further from the other people, reading Erich Fromm. All day long. Since I am already there, I might as well finish the book.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OA'd said:
+ Share genuine beliefs and values to establish rapport

Yeah this. Also, talk to them about ideas. Find a subject of similar interest and let the tangents and ideas fly. Nothin' gets my Ne boner up like spewing out ideas about something I really enjoy.

Spewing

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
how's your infp girlfriend working out entropie? you guys have any epic Ti vs. Fi battles yet? :p

ya haha, it's a bit like that: [youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGoC8FTLKSI"]:D[/youtube]

We are together for 5 years now but the beginning was anything else but rosy. We had arguements and seperated quite a few times but it was always her seeking the contact to me again (I was more stubborn, didnt call or anything :)). It's like a pendulum with two balls that needed to get in sync. Tho we are fundamentally different, even from different cultures, we have the thing in common that we both understand each other without ever having the need of asking. I sometimes misinterprete things she says and I generally have a more darker way of thinking but it was again learning by experience that I understand things better now she says.

I dunno, she can be very illogical and her sudden mood swings plus her very short attention span are sometimes a problem for me. It makes me dizzy, puzzles me or makes me feel bad. But she's a very empathic and respectful girl and she's quite eager to understand me, that's how it works at all. I like this openess in her very much and I like that she can adapt to me so easily, it's exactly the same thing I am doing for her.

I am a pretty control freak, I like it when things are predictable, she is more in the moment and feels her way thru the world, we make a pretty couple that way cause some times she can rely on me having put in the keys she has forgotten and sometimes I can rely on her being able to let my mind detach from the things that needs to be done and just enjoy the moment.

She has high morales, I am a businessmen in all things I do. We yesterday had this situation in our WoW guild, where everyone complained about the guild not paying anything to its members, tho it has so much gold on the bank. We both found that hilarious and made jokes of the people being so greedy. But then the guild master gave in and opened the bank for a moment. I made use of that opportunity and got me 1000 gold out of the bank. I found that funny, my girl not so. So my girl showed me that I was kinda opportunistic and that this is nothing she likes, she tho let the decision open to me to where to go from here and didnt influence me in any way. I put the money back into the guilds bank and everyone laughed at me, but I felt I have done the right thing. When my girl noticed, she again said nothing, but I felt better and I think I understand now what opportunism means.

Well you may not think an entp / infp relationship could work at all, but it actually works quite well. I can feel so safe with her and really let myself go, I can trust her and know that she's loyal. Maybe I am wrong and will land on my nose, but that's a risk I am willing to take. My girl's need for organization and her want for management of the daily life but total lack of ability to coordinate things in a realistic schedule, made me more and more entj over the time. I at least feel more and more entj, I still dont think I am one tho.

This a huge problem we still have, she cant really relax. When we had a week filled with work behind us in which we accomplished alot she still goes like a hurricane thru the household doing things that aint necessary right now. She would be better off if she for example would relax one day and then do the chores the other day or first do the chores and then relax the other day. But she needs to do chores both days and it's too much for me sometimes. She's making me nervous and I am feeling disharmony and stressed out by her disability to just relax sometimes.

We are both hurricanes and do accomplish a lot during the week, but I sometimes need these moments of peace of mind where I can just concentrate on one thing, while she is apt to quickly loose concentration. She is diagnosed ADS aswell, which isnt diagnosed very often in Germany, so it needs to be really obvious before you get that diagnosis. Nevertheless I can attenuate her and tho its only for an hour, it's at least a start. I have already changed her and I hope that in the next years I can get more peace and concentration in her, to make her feel better and more settled in her environment.

Sudden topic changes and loud music we tho both like :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F0hN1nOBcw

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
@entropie - I still don't get why that's opportunistic... or rather, why opportunistic behaviors are wrong. But I found the story to be very amusing, just the same!

See, I can understand the nfp/ntp romance in general... but as a friendship, I feel it's rather draining. It's all or nothing, and I'm not willing to give all to anyone but the love of my life. It's just too draining. This is a key reason why I have problems maintaining friendships with most nfps - it's always just too much. I'm glad you've found your balance though and I'm happy for you guys!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I suggest finding an ENFP and using them as bait. ENFPs tend to locate and attract INFPs naturally. Once they've been lured out into the open it's a relatively simple matter of drawing on any number of threads about wooing INFPs.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
find an 'Intro to Reiki' class. It will be teaming with INFPs, I suspect. I work with a woman who is really into that. She loves the VIctorian era, 16th century jewelry, English anything, past lives, 'energy', gong music, anything spiritual that can be done alone or in small groups.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I suggest finding an ENFP and using them as bait. ENFPs tend to locate and attract INFPs naturally. Once they've been lured out into the open it's a relatively simple matter of drawing on any number of threads about wooing INFPs.

hahaha! So true :D

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Entropie thanks for sharing :) Sounds liks you two have a fun, if not chaotic, relationship which I think suits INFPs and ENTPs quite well with our short attention spands and aloof nature.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
find an 'Intro to Reiki' class. It will be teaming with INFPs, I suspect. I work with a woman who is really into that. She loves the VIctorian era, 16th century jewelry, English anything, past lives, 'energy', gong music, anything spiritual that can be done alone or in small groups.

I love how you put the word energy in single quotations as if energy were at all disputed.

I also find it funny how your colleague loves England. I mean, I live here...I'm just wondering what would attract an INFP to it. Apart from the 16th-19th centuries, of course, the latter part this era being awash with amazing INFPs.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I love how you put the word energy in single quotations as if energy were at all disputed.

I also find it funny how your colleague loves England. I mean, I live here...I'm just wondering what would attract an INFP to it. Apart from the 16th-19th centuries, of course, the latter part this era being awash with amazing INFPs.

No, you're correct. She mostly likes older English things. She lent me a copy of So Idle a Rogue: The Life and Death of Lord Rochester a few weeks ago. I put energy in quotation marks to differentiate her use of it (spiritual energy) from physics (electro-magnetism, et al.) I like her but she can get pretty extreme with all of that stuff. She sent me an email this morning, saying that she appreciates being able to openly talk to me about these things, despite our differences.

I want to date an NF too...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's true. I love the idea of "energy". Although I haven't figured out my precise thoughts on it, so I always kind of feel like a tool when I try and talk about it.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah I kind of enjoy the subject too and don't necessarily see a disparity between electromagnetism and other notions of spiritual energy etc.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah I kind of enjoy the subject too and don't necessarily see a disparity between electromagnetism and other notions of spiritual energy etc.

I grew up with a hardcore atheist father, so I'm still opening my mind to such things...actually the woman I mentioned has helped with that. that's what INFP women do: open minds!

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Just a guess, but how about health food or vegetarian food store?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

That's funny - people no longer use dogs and babies to get the attention of women?

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
too bad were not just rounded up and put up for auction. wonder how much we'd be worth? on a side note, even an infp has trouble finding one, only met a few in passing myself.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I think we're just elusive due to our personalities. I have confirmed a couple INFPs in my life I was surprised to find out about....and I can type pretty much everyone.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think we're just elusive due to our personalities. I have confirmed a couple INFPs in my life I was surprised to find out about....and I can type pretty much everyone.

I tend to use this phrase: I don't need any more friends.

People take this as somehow pejorative (even though it is only said in a general sense). What I really mean is that I'm pretty comfortable as I am; I don't feel the need to go for looking for potential friends. If I feel like I've outgrown my current crop of friends/acquaintances, then I'm more inclined to go a-wandering (by the light of the moon). I suppose this can make INFPs hard to pin down.

I'm still quite surprised anyone would purposely look for an INFP. From what I've heard (and from my experience as one), we can be very moody and you're more than likely to feel the heat of our wrath more than once. On the other hand I'm not a complete arsehole like most other blokes.