• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] I wanna date an INFP

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I find INFP to be fascinating. Only met one and I was in love. Too bad I acted desperate. Anyway where can I find you guys?

places I already know where to search
-cafe
-bookstore/library
-park
-church

Whenever the girl left her place it was one of these ^ places. Any easier way to spot you guys? I just hope when I find one she's single!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those are your best bets (here are some more possibilities)..... I don't come across fellow INFPs much, and I imagine it's because we tend to be pretty low-key.

Personally, I am a bit of a loner, and so I am apt to be found alone in public. I probably have a bit of a spacey/dreamy look. Generally speaking, INFPs tend to dress very plain without much interest in their appearance or a bit offbeat if they care about their dress.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
No you don't. Unless the girl infps are very different to the guys, they'll only piss you off as an intp :tongue:. That said, I think Jennifer (?) is in a ltr with an infp, so something must be going right! Ime, they make good friends for us but nothing more.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Been there. Done that. Still don't know what the hell happened - it's all a confusing blur of repressed memories and unanswered questions.

I bet if you search around the fresh corpses of INTj, you might find one or two INFP somewhere. It's highly probable.

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No you don't. Unless the girl infps are very different to the guys, they'll only piss you off as an intp :tongue:. That said, I think Jennifer (?) is in a ltr with an infp, so something must be going right! Ime, they make good friends for us but nothing more.

How did your INFP piss you off?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
How did your INFP piss you off?

Ah, he was just too emotionally sensitive and needed more from me than I could give. He had been in love with me for months before we got together, so it was always a bit uneven between us. We had great craic as friends but the needs of a friend are nowhere near as intense as the needs of a partner. It wasn't for me at all.

Of course, my post you quoted was intended as a tongue-in-cheek answer :tongue:. I'm sure there's plenty of wonderful infps out there that appeal to intps.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know you meant it in humor. :) I was just curious what truth lay underneath it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I find INFP to be fascinating. Only met one and I was in love. Too bad I acted desperate. Anyway where can I find you guys?

places I already know where to search
-cafe
-bookstore/library
-park
-church

Whenever the girl left her place it was one of these ^ places. Any easier way to spot you guys? I just hope when I find one she's single!

How did you come off as desperate?

I can't imagine that INFPs congregate anywhere, as a whole - but you can try all kinds of crunchy things like biorhythm classes or any class or group involving poetry. :shrug:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Well, I know you want to date an INFP in general and not me in special, but I find you won't find me on any of the noted places; the problem is it is difficult to find me at public places at all. I heard from some other INFPs here they are similar in that way, so maybe I can still contribute a bit to the understanding, or so I hope at least.

My situation is that I don't know where to go alone in a public place, since I feel awkward going to somewhere alone and just sit there alone. And I am not the person who engages random strangers either. The problem is, if you don't want to go somewhere alone, you need to know people who go with you somewhere, and to get to know people somewhere you have to go out alone somewhere and engage with random strangers! Sounds probably kinda stupid, I know, but I am still thinking for myself what I could do to get to know people, and so I am thinking about somehow getting some kind of public hobby or something of that sort. And so while I am an INFP, funnily I look somehow like you a place where INFPs could go to - not to find some INFP to date (or maybe I do? ^^), but to find some place for myself to be actually! Since I realize it gets hard stopping to be lonely if you are only private all the time :)

The point is as I said that I heard from other INFPs here they have the same issue. And that is maybe why we (or at least some of us) are so difficult to get caught by other people like you.

So I find the thread interesting because I might find some inspiration where other INFPs might be found at.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
you can also search the internet. There are plenty of INFP's here. And unlike encountering them in public, you might actually be able to learn something about them.

nice wayne reynold's avatar btw

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Even if you find one, you must still grab and keep our attention or we drift away.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
How did you come off as desperate?

Didn't give her space, I can act INFP sometimes so it was all bad news. She also never liked how lazy I was, clearly said I was careless and cold. LOT and LOTS of miscommunication.

Even if you find one, you must still grab and keep our attention or we drift away.

I know :( you guys are so rare and so hard to keep around.

Guess if I look hard enough I can find one but you have to factor lots of different things like age, attractiveness, moral beliefs and religion. I don't think I'll ever meet someone like her :(

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
^ there are 3 billion hers.

3billion females minus

1.location
2.age
3.personality type INFP
4.looks ,common interest
= 1 in 2.5million

over 22yrs of my life I met ONLY ONE, chances of me meeting someone like that are very very low.

EDIT: I just hate the term "there's plenty fish in the sea" cuz that isn't true for someone that's not compatible with lots of people.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Places to find INxx types:

1) Internet

2) Grad school (?)...I've noticed that people in academia or who have higher level degrees seem to know a disproportionate number of INxx. My mother even suspects it, and she doesn't know a damn thing about MBTI. She was like "go to grad school, there are more people like you there."

A

A window to the soul

^:yes: + bookstore near computer or behavorial science books; coffee shop; art store; napa valley in a winery gift shop laughing & trying on straw hats or outside petting the sheep; at an outdoor nursery, daydreaming & smelling the flowers...

alone.

(referring to INFP)

Maybe the park too. Peaceful, interesting places mostly.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't get picky...they'll all secretly be ESTJs. :devil:

A

A window to the soul

Yes, INFP is secretly ESTJ, so don't get caught under the mistletoe...

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
You can find me anywhere really. I usually lose my stamina early in the evening though so don't expect to find even a socialized infp like me at a bar past 1 AM and if you do we will look dead tired/bored by that point. The ironic thing is that more social infps aren't that much easier to snag because we tend to be so unapproachable. We do warm up quickly to the right people though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Came across an INFP description recently that had rather handy, short & simple lists that could help a person snag an INFP.

How to love an INFP:
+ Appreciate my uniqueness and sensitivity
+ Be a patient and supportive listener
+ Respect my privacy and my need for emotional intimacy
+ Be reassuring and gentle in your words and actions
+ Try not to force decisions too quickly, or bug me about being messy.
+ Respect my feelings and never demand that I compromise my values

How to spot INFPs:
+ Idealistic with deep, yet private passions
+ Creative and imaginative
+ Initially hesitant and cautious
+ Original, even funky dressers

How to communicate with INFPs:
+ Share genuine beliefs and values to establish rapport
+ Respect their slower warm time and need for privacy
+ Emphasize the ways ideas will benefit others