User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    find an 'Intro to Reiki' class. It will be teaming with INFPs, I suspect. I work with a woman who is really into that. She loves the VIctorian era, 16th century jewelry, English anything, past lives, 'energy', gong music, anything spiritual that can be done alone or in small groups.
    I love how you put the word energy in single quotations as if energy were at all disputed.

I also find it funny how your colleague loves England. I mean, I live here...I'm just wondering what would attract an INFP to it. Apart from the 16th-19th centuries, of course, the latter part this era being awash with amazing INFPs.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    I love how you put the word energy in single quotations as if energy were at all disputed.

I also find it funny how your colleague loves England. I mean, I live here...I'm just wondering what would attract an INFP to it. Apart from the 16th-19th centuries, of course, the latter part this era being awash with amazing INFPs.
    No, you're correct. She mostly likes older English things. She lent me a copy of So Idle a Rogue: The Life and Death of Lord Rochester a few weeks ago. I put energy in quotation marks to differentiate her use of it (spiritual energy) from physics (electro-magnetism, et al.) I like her but she can get pretty extreme with all of that stuff. She sent me an email this morning, saying that she appreciates being able to openly talk to me about these things, despite our differences.

I want to date an NF too...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

It's true. I love the idea of "energy". Although I haven't figured out my precise thoughts on it, so I always kind of feel like a tool when I try and talk about it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah I kind of enjoy the subject too and don't necessarily see a disparity between electromagnetism and other notions of spiritual energy etc.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    Yeah I kind of enjoy the subject too and don't necessarily see a disparity between electromagnetism and other notions of spiritual energy etc.
    I grew up with a hardcore atheist father, so I'm still opening my mind to such things...actually the woman I mentioned has helped with that. that's what INFP women do: open minds!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Just a guess, but how about health food or vegetarian food store?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I suggest finding an ENFP and using them as bait. ENFPs tend to locate and attract INFPs naturally. Once they've been lured out into the open it's a relatively simple matter of drawing on any number of threads about wooing INFPs.
    That's funny - people no longer use dogs and babies to get the attention of women?

MBTI
    INFP

too bad were not just rounded up and put up for auction. wonder how much we'd be worth? on a side note, even an infp has trouble finding one, only met a few in passing myself.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think we're just elusive due to our personalities. I have confirmed a couple INFPs in my life I was surprised to find out about....and I can type pretty much everyone.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I think we're just elusive due to our personalities. I have confirmed a couple INFPs in my life I was surprised to find out about....and I can type pretty much everyone.
    I tend to use this phrase: I don't need any more friends.

People take this as somehow pejorative (even though it is only said in a general sense). What I really mean is that I'm pretty comfortable as I am; I don't feel the need to go for looking for potential friends. If I feel like I've outgrown my current crop of friends/acquaintances, then I'm more inclined to go a-wandering (by the light of the moon). I suppose this can make INFPs hard to pin down.

I'm still quite surprised anyone would purposely look for an INFP. From what I've heard (and from my experience as one), we can be very moody and you're more than likely to feel the heat of our wrath more than once. On the other hand I'm not a complete arsehole like most other blokes.