• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] I wanna date an INFP

paddington bear

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Didn't give her space, I can act INFP sometimes so it was all bad news. She also never liked how lazy I was, clearly said I was careless and cold. LOT and LOTS of miscommunication.

I know :( you guys are so rare and so hard to keep around.

Guess if I look hard enough I can find one but you have to factor lots of different things like age, attractiveness, moral beliefs and religion. I don't think I'll ever meet someone like her :(

sorry to chime in so late, but I like this thread! the suggestions are good, but I have to agree that I feel awkward going anywhere alone and I would never strike up a convo with a stranger :( large gatherings would overwhelm me and might scare me away. I think the best way to meet one is through the internet or at a museum or volunteering at a zoo or animal shelter. you'd have to approach us, and try to find the balance between being charming and overwhelming--we'll have difficulty gauging your interest if you're too casual, however if you come across too strong we'll run for the hills. :shrug: anyway, I wish you luck and don't worry! I have several single, attractive, educated sweet INFP friends, so they're out there!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
as an INFP I don't have any place I have to be we aren't J's we aren't like oh it's 10:45 I have to be at the park staring at a tree. I personally just show up places.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
the best way is to make a bunch of new friends and hope that one or two of them have infp friends.

the problem with meeting us in public is that you will probably scare us away with your 'i wanna date an infp' thing. we'd over-think it and find your intensity weird. go about your life, do some Fi-activities that you yourself enjoy as well (volunteering, yoga, animal shelters, graduate schools, libraries...) and I think you will probably bump into one. But be casual, very, very casual. If you two click, you click. If you don't, there's nothing you can do about that.

I don't think it's a good idea to date someone just because she is infp though, we come in so many variations.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
To find an INFP I would suggest that you walk around an apartment complex or maybe search for secluded houses settled in nests of deep woods and randomly knock on doors until you see one poke it's face from behind the blinds. They won't open the door if they don't know you though,and will render themselves motionless until they hear you leave, so you may have to force your way in and then gently... key word...gently.. let them know that you are here just to hang out with them. they will be suspicious at first, I mean who wouldn't right? After you exasperatedly gain a little bit of trust and comfort, they will still be awkward, and will stop doing whatever they were doing in fear that you might find it boring and then wait for you to do something that grabs their attention. After the quest of relating to their attention span is conquered, they will join you in the fun activity, very agreeable and enthusiastic, until they quickly grow bored of it and retreat back into their world of make believe. They will then think fondly of you often and note that good things really do happen sometimes and cherish the memory for a long time, that is unless the scifi channel is playing something good on tv.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
I suggest finding an ENFP and using them as bait. ENFPs tend to locate and attract INFPs naturally. Once they've been lured out into the open it's a relatively simple matter of drawing on any number of threads about wooing INFPs.

Or just do what this person said, because this person speaks the truth and it may be easier.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
To find an INFP I would suggest that you walk around an apartment complex or maybe search for secluded houses settled in nests of deep woods and randomly knock on doors until you see one poke it's face from behind the blinds. They won't open the door if they don't know you though,and will render themselves motionless until they hear you leave, so you may have to force your way in and then gently... key word...gently.. .

^I wouldn't recommend this. Some INFPs in the forest may own cross-bows

:( They didn't ask INFP males, though.

Overall, a cool thread.

Tantive

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm cooped up in my little cave, come find me. I only come out for food or supplies. You'll need to lay a trap

Tantive

MBTI Type
INFP
too bad were not just rounded up and put up for auction. wonder how much we'd be worth? on a side note, even an infp has trouble finding one, only met a few in passing myself.
INFP auction....now theres something worth considering

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How did you come off as desperate?

I can't imagine that INFPs congregate anywhere, as a whole - but you can try all kinds of crunchy things like biorhythm classes or any class or group involving poetry. :shrug:

You'd be surprised, actually.

I had my facebook friends take the MBTI, sending it to the better ones who I knew were highly likely to do it for me, and 10 out of 14 of them are NF, 6 of those being INFP.

And in my creative writing classes, a lot of the people who know their MBTI or whose MBTI we can guess, particularly the ones I get along with, are xNFP.

The problem is that, like forest nymphs, we congregate in plain sight, underneath your noses. Although we also live in plain sight, underneath your noses, so it's not all that impressive that we'd be under your noses at all, but if you're looking specifically for a congregation of us, it's highly unlikely you'll actually find us, and if you do we'd be well-hidden enough to make a cunning escape!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You'd be surprised, actually.

I had my facebook friends take the MBTI, sending it to the better ones who I knew were highly likely to do it for me, and 10 out of 14 of them are NF, 6 of those being INFP.

And in my creative writing classes, a lot of the people who know their MBTI or whose MBTI we can guess, particularly the ones I get along with, are xNFP.

The problem is that, like forest nymphs, we congregate in plain sight, underneath your noses. Although we also live in plain sight, underneath your noses, so it's not all that impressive that we'd be under your noses at all, but if you're looking specifically for a congregation of us, it's highly unlikely you'll actually find us, and if you do we'd be well-hidden enough to make a cunning escape!

Maybe she meant that if infp's would be the ones appointed to be the spearhead to congregate new innovative wisdom about the world, we'ld end up getting only new information about the infps themselves and on all 500 TV channels there would be one topic only left :)