User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default How often do you want to "go somewhere new"

How often do you feel like its time for a change? How long does it take for you want to change schools, change cities, even change countries?

My university has been great but Ive noticed after 3 1/2 years I'm really ready for a change. It made me start thinking about OFTEN I want a change.

Glycerine

I feel like I want a change like every 2 years (like friends, style, school, city).... lol I really want to live in Oregon.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

It's not too often if I am not in a harmful environment. But yeah, the feeling grows as the time goes by and things start to seem like a routine. I think it is especially about not having anything new to learn. Whenever I feel like I'm ready or complete, it would be a good time to change scenery. Or start some new project. Most often, though, it's not like I'm aware of this feeling. Usually someone throws me an idea or suggest something to do, and I get all excited about it because it's something I never even thought about doing. That's the way I change usually. This doesn't necessarily need to involve changing city or anything, but it has sometimes meant exactlly that. Actually, looking back, I think all of my major decisions have been made this way.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

All the time; once something has become mundane, tedious, or repititively dull, I often will desire to attempt something new. Whether this be school, an activity, a daily routine, whatever, all that matters is being able to try out or see something different.

One vivid example I could suggest would be when my family and I moved cross country from New Jersey to Washington. Although the first half of the trip was slightly unpleasant to me, the second half (Rapid City, South Dakota onwards) of the trip was magnificent, there were all sorts of new things to see, and the whole journey was quite the experince. In addition to that the change of secnery and lifestyle from NJ was refreshing and invigorating; I remember that once my family and I had found a house, that for the first few months at least, there was a strange and almost indescribable feeling to me concerning my external atmospphere. I really don't know how to explain it, but it felt as though I had become in sync with my new home and lifestyle, like that great feeling one gets when they cleanse their body after a shower.

EDIT: yay 300th post!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    for the first few months at least, there was a strange and almost indescribable feeling to me concerning my external atmospphere. I really don't know how to explain it, but it felt as though I had become in sync with my new home and lifestyle, like that great feeling one gets when they cleanse their body after a shower.
    Yeah, I know that feeling. I've had the same while travelling, and when I was in exchange. I think it is related to adjusting to the unusual situation you are in. It comes when you start to feel that you know what you are doing in that environment. Of course, it doesn't last, since you get used to the situation.

I think that some people get addicted to the feeling, so they need to be moving all the time. Not that it's a bad thing necessarily, but at least for me the feeling is something I take for granted as a nice thrill, but don't want to seek out, since I think it is something that can never become permanent, or even frequent.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Since I was 5. I changed schools and stuff...but I just want to get out of this geographical area in general ever since I was little.

Sadly, I remember the date of when I started to loathe this place. September 4th, 1996.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by nolla
    Yeah, I know that feeling. I've had the same while travelling, and when I was in exchange. I think it is related to adjusting to the unusual situation you are in. It comes when you start to feel that you know what you are doing in that environment. Of course, it doesn't last, since you get used to the situation.
    Oh yeah, thats completely what it feels like, the presence within a new environment, it is one of the greatest aspects of visiting a new place.

I think that some people get addicted to the feeling, so they need to be moving all the time. Not that it's a bad thing necessarily, but at least for me the feeling is something I take for granted as a nice thrill, but don't want to seek out, since I think it is something that can never become permanent, or even frequent.
    I think it's because this particualr feeling is either Ne (or possibly Se), that for a person like me that constant feeling of it is something that I need often (Ne dom), for you it is something that yu enjoy but don't need to get your energy from it (Ne aux).

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    I think it's because this particualr feeling is either Ne (or possibly Se), that for a person like me that constant feeling of it is something that I need often (Ne dom), for you it is something that yu enjoy but don't need to get your energy from it (Ne aux).
    I didn't actually even think of the functions, but yes, it seems reasonable it is Ne, because it is definitely about getting enough info to connect the dots and create the feeling (or idea) of the environment. So, it is somewhat similar to learning anything in the Ne way. And yeah, it makes sense that I don't need this feeling in the way a Ne-dom needs it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

For me it used to be every winter. I wanted to change everything. Job, residence, everything. I just wanted to uproot my whole life ever winter.

I think I kind of figured out that was coming somewhat from Seasonal Affective Disorder. The winter just depressed me and I was trying to cope with that by changing things. I figured out that if I stay more physically active during the winter I don't have problems as much.

The last few years I have kept the change monster from coming out and I'm going on 3 years in the same house now, which is the longest I've lived anywhere since moving out of my parents house almost 15 years ago. I'm happy to have a place that feels like home finally.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I never want to change where I live. I just want to change where I hang out. I like where I live a whole lot! But I think I love it so much because I can travel, and go see new things pretty frequently for someone on my income.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge