User Tag List

First 12

My favorite question to ask in boring meetings is "If you had the choice between having any super power you wanted, but being stuck on earth, or not having super powers, but being able to travel anywhere in the universe, which would you pick?"

I would totally travel all over the universe in a heartbeat. My dream would be to have my brain implanted in a little space ship and drive around seeing new stuff foreve until I got to the edge of the universe. Then I would want to see if there were other universes.

But in the real world, I will set a course that typically lasts several years at a time. During school, I was stuck on one course so I could support my kids, but now in the workplace, i typically will stay in a position for 2-3 years-until I have created as much change as I possibly can-then I will move on to something new.

If I cant change the job-I change directions in my mind. I am sort of stuck in my job as they pay me well, but I am about to start taking classes and perhaps get an MS in HR, so just the potential for a different path brightens my mood.

At home I change stuff all the time. Yesterday I went around painting my doors blue. It made me happy as it was new and different. Hysterically, it will make me happy again in a couple of months when I paint it some other color as it will then be new or different.

Change is fun but you have to ask yourself "why" the need for school change? If it's related to running away from something(s) after 3.5 years, then it's better to address the problems.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm more interested in taking vacations and travelling to see different places than I am in changing my residence. I like where I live. Although with all the blizzards and cold, I just might change my mind.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I often dream of going somewhere new, then leaving before I realise it's all the same.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

I have noticed that I change groups of friends every few years because their direction seems constant, while mine is often changing. I get really down if there is nothing new added to a scenario, and I just go somewhere else. I have always seen myself as a wanderer and books seem to fulfill my need to wander, for a time anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I would be happy staying in the same place forever. I sometimes need a change, as in get out of the house and go out to eat or go to a different or unique store, but as far as changing location, I would rather vacation somewhere new and then come home to the exact same place.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

With jobs, though, I get restless after a year or two.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

umm...pretty much 24/7. I love traveling and going on adventures and I want to be able to go anywhere in the world I want. the world is my oyster

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

12-18 months. Without fail.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Change is fun but you have to ask yourself "why" the need for school change? If it's related to running away from something(s) after 3.5 years, then it's better to address the problems.
    I wasnt planning on leaving. I go to a great university.

I was just giving an example of wanting to.