User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's good to see you back, Economica. Have you been well?

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Uncharacteristically, I found myself moderating my behavior to fit what I sensed he wanted to me to be () which was... more F! As I perceived it, logic, detached irony and my major (economics) all elicited mild disappointment, whereas enthusiastic warmth and soft looks made him more eager.
    That makes a lot of sense. I have weird habit of doing something similar around some NT's. I've noticed occasionally in reading posts I write in response to a group of strong T's that there's less emotional expression. In fact, I've noticed that in some groups of strong NT's, I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have emotions, and in some groups of strong NF's, I'm almost ashamed to admit I use logic. It can feel weird if someone I didn't expect reads something I wrote for someone else. And it can feel strange noting how different my responses were between the two groups, even though they both seemed like good responses at the time and I still identify with both.

The odd thing about it is that only some members of each type elicit this from me... some of the more balanced ones don't create this reaction or tension in me. ENFJ's and INFP's seem a bit more likely to do so, but not always (so I especially understand your response to an INFP being this way).

And you say that it's uncharacteristic for you? Why is it you don't you do this normally?
    (I should mention that I told him early on that I was not available. He still wanted to talk, and I wanted to talk to him for a reason I will not divulge here. )
    Don't worry, I'm sure we can come up with guesses and rumors that are far worse than your actual reason.

Anyway, I've noticed that the responses from INFP's on here have varied a bit... some of them appreciate F qualities more like the person you interacted with, but others seem to appreciate the different balance introduced by a T. I suppose that's not too surprising, as INFP's often try harder than most people to be individual/personal.

MBTI
    enfj

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It's good to see you back, Economica.

I Have And it can feel strange noting how different my responses were between the two groups, even though they both seemed like good responses at the time and I still identify with both.

The odd thing about it is that only some members of each type elicit this from me... some of the more balanced ones don't create this reaction or tension in me. ENFJ's and INFP's seem a bit more likely to do so, but not always (so I especially understand your response to an INFP being this way).

And you say that it's uncharacteristic for you? Why is it you don't you do this normally?
    ha. I relate to most of this. to me yes. of course why wouldnt you try and do this normally,but when I think of the intj's I have known.. infp's too. I would avoid saying that

curious infp's does this seem shallow to you?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'll fall for pretty much anyone who shows a slight interest in me. Of course, I'd like to get to know the girl more than just fall for her looks. It's hard to say because I don't think I've met too many NTJ girls, or even noticed. I'm more drawn to ENFJ's than any other type, but I wouldn't rule anything out.

MBTI
    HUMM

I'll fall for pretty much anyone who shows a slight interest in me.
    That's very honest of you to say. I've often suspected that of myself in the past. How do these..things work out for you though
    ain't over till it's over.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
    that's interesting. im pretty sure i have that

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I have no idea what attracts me to women. At least not in terms of F or T. It is the T & A that does it!

violaine

Hmm. I have the beginnings of a half-assed idea that a sweet INFP/ISFP man's dating appeal really increases when they and the target of their affections are a little older. Especially, say, from mid-30s onward. Assuming they have found dating a little more difficult and were less popular when younger because many women seem to gravitate to outgoing, harder-driving types. (Not me personally and I hope I'm not saying anything that boxes IFP men in or is offensive.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

@violaine: I don't find it offensive... but well, I hope I don't have to wait till like 35 until I find my first girlfriend ^^

To the OP: I don't really know. I seem to have an easier time with F types definitely though from my experience so far, but I guess it depends on the person anyway.

I find myself more attracted to T types as I do not really like a mass of emotions to deal with besides my own...ummm... I think I would prefer an ESTJ but I do feel a connection to INTJ females. An ESTJ is somewhat atypical for an INFP from what I have read, but my dad is an ESTJ and I have developed fond feelings for the way they work. Definitely fond of older women as violaine said. Mid 30s sounds like my ideal.( I am 19)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Definitely fond of older women as violaine said. Mid 30s sounds like my ideal.( I am 19)
    Heh, I don't think that's quite what she was talking about.