First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but: Too many smileys!
    Sorry, but that's really the only way I can explain it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just found a new signature!

MBTI
    infp

Well... I don't have too much experience to back this up, but the NTJ type doesn't seem to attractive to me, NTP is more attractive personally. NFJ is somewhat attractive, yes, but I'm kind of undecided. I just don't anything I'm looking for right now and my lack of experience means I can find a lot of personalities attractive as long as they arn't irritating and spoiled :steam: However, in the past I've had fairly good chemistry with women who I speculate are ESFJ, ENFJ, and ENTP.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

However, personally I might well be suffering from confirmation bias since I believe that INFPs go well romantically with ENFJs. My question for the male INFPs is therefore: How are you attracted to T and F in general and specifically NTJs vs. NFJs?
    Interesting theory. I also can't comment from much experience, but I do have one relationship that comes to mind that might have been with an ENFJ, and recently found a self-typed ENFJ that has captured my attention (gaining hers seems another matter tho).

With the one that I speculate may be an ENFJ, the more memorable things I enjoyed talking about with her were past experiences ("and how does that make you feel?" or "how do you feel about ____?" sort of stuff) and things like "what really matters to you and why?".

In general, I like conversations about feeling and intuition related matters as well as just about anything theoretical and speculative (I could enjoy talking about economics or statistics in a speculative "what if" sort of way or a "what do you think causes ____", but I don't know how long I could do that, and I suspect my poor fluency in the subject matter (since those are not things I have formal training in beyond econ 101) would eventually show and possibly iritate the T.

MBTI
    ENFP

My question for the male INFPs is therefore: How are you attracted to T and F in general and specifically NTJs vs. NFJs?
    Well I'm a borderline ENFP, very close on the E/I, and I'm more attracted to NFJ's. If your theory is true, maybe in terms of who I'm attracted to I behave more like an INFP, because the vast majority of the girls I've been attracted to are NFJ's, and I've never been attracted to an NTJ. I really crave the emotional connection that NFJ's provide.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

MBTI
    enfj

I believe that INFPs go well romantically with ENFJs.
    really? my first response is. well.... NO@!! but. I really am curious why you think that.

edit_______________________________

I realized you were talking about male infp's......

MBTI
    INFP

Okay, so at a club this weekend I got hit on by a likely INFP. () We talked for about 45 minutes and I felt like it was a classic case of what JivinJeffJones once described:

Uncharacteristically, I found myself moderating my behavior to fit what I sensed he wanted to me to be () which was... more F! As I perceived it, logic, detached irony and my major (economics) all elicited mild disappointment, whereas enthusiastic warmth and soft looks made him more eager.

(I should mention that I told him early on that I was not available. He still wanted to talk, and I wanted to talk to him for a reason I will not divulge here. )

The experience was exactly the reverse of the ones I have with ENFP men and it epitomized for me the dynamic I find I have with INFP men, which is generally good but characterized by sporadic T/F clashes. Two ENTJ female friends and I find that in our relationships (my platonic, their romantic) with INFP men, we've been told we 'listen like men' i.e. wanting to solve problems rather than just patiently empathizing. :redface:

However, personally I might well be suffering from confirmation bias since I believe that INFPs go well romantically with ENFJs. My question for the male INFPs is therefore: How are you attracted to T and F in general and specifically NTJs vs. NFJs?
    I'll preface this post with the following: I've been romantically involved with a female ENTJ for nine months and it has been absolutely fantastic.

How am I attracted to T and F in General?

I like Fs in general because they allows me to help establish a connection (in most cases) faster with them. That's not to say that it's a strong one but rather, the time to reach a common ground is significantly increased. In general, I'm very reserved about my F in public places but in private places, I'm quite open about who I am. I feel like I would enjoy a relationship with an F in the short term, but long term issues may arise e.g. conflict of values (I'll expand on this later)

I dislike Fs in general because they can become too bubbly. I feel as if I'm already emotional enough that I don't particularly need your baggage as well. I don't particularly like the image of "if one totally embraces their feelings, they must either be a metrosexual or homosexual" stigma. Certainly, one could easily argue that as quite a logical deduction of most western cultures but in spite of it, I feel that many people try too hard to the point of being ungenuine with their feelings.

Specficially NFJs

*Yawn* From the NFJs I've read online, specifically infjs, most of them are boring. Really boring. I've never been romantically involved with one, but have established a pretty good friendship with one: her being an ENFJ. They're extremely easy to talk to, especially about more sensitive subjects e.g. personal issues. I admire their mentor aura about their demeanor. I don't like how they seem to know they have it together and you don't e.g. growing up way to fast and acting a lot more mature than they really are. Despite the fact that we are both feelers, I find it a lot more difficult to connect with NFJs because I find them to be more serious (in most cases - that's not to say they aren't as silly as I am nor is it not encouraged, but I feel they have other concerns which distance themselves from me (or vice versa)). All in all, I'm attracted but I'm not sure how long my attraction would last.

Specifically NTJs

I've seemed to always have more success with this type in general conversation. I think this is because I can relate to their condition: An F for a T and a T for an F. I'm attracted to seeing the potential of an intj's Fi locked within their own personal dungeon that's waiting to be discovered to those truly worthy. I attracted to seeing an ENTJ lack of tact yet still remain unscathed and respected. I'm not attracted to an NTJ's inclination to remain stubborn (not all, but some). I've never ascribed to the notion that Ts lack emotions. From what I've noticed with my relationship, I feel as if our third positions flip: I seem more INTP and she seems more ENFJ. Overall, I find myself striving for personal balance and it's nice to have a SO who's nearly opposite of you to help you achieve that objective subjective balance.

Conclusion: If your a J, the weaker the better.

To proof read or not to proof read, that is the question. Nah. I've had a couple drinks in me.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

Please clarify what you are insinuating?

I heard very much about imaturity of infp's..They remain childish especially the males...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
    I heard very much about imaturity of infp's..They remain childish especially the males...
    A fact I am very proud of.

/bounces off on a pogo stick

MBTI
    INFP

My question for the male INFPs is therefore: How are you attracted to T and F in general and specifically NTJs vs. NFJs?
    I really enjoy talking with female Ts. I find it very intellectually stimulating and usually good fun too. They are far more fun to tease than Fs, and tend to take it better. However, I usually miss T flirtation completely or don't believe that it's genuine. Consequently, I rarely realize that a T girl is interested in me until well after the fact. I find F flirtation much easier to identify and accept as a genuine indication of interest. I suspect that INFPs tend to look for very personal communication as an indication of connection, and don't realize (on an emotional level) that the fun, stimulating conversation they just enjoyed with the T was a form of connection just as valid.

As for NTJ vs NFJ, I don't know any NTJ girls irl. None that I'm aware of, anyway. I only know one ENFJ girl irl, and if I found her at all physically attractive (that sounds terrrible), I would have been insanely in love with her. As it was I was kinda in love with her anyway, and tried to force myself to fall the rest of the way in love with her. It never happened. Actually, I can't think of any confirmed INFJ girls I know irl, either. I think I'd need an EJ or an IP though. A IJ strikes me as being a bit too quiet and serious.

I have to agree with Noel though. The weaker the J the better. Far less stress for both parties.