User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Presumptuous Fe

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    So last year in the presumptous Fi thread- the lesson I learned as an Fi user was that even if I thought i saw an Fe user-dom, aux, tert or inf-feeling a certain way, rather than assume I was correct, I need to stop and realize I could be heavily misunderstanding them. Fi and Fe speak different languages and it is a character flaw on my part to deny they Fe user the claim that Fi users dont know what they feel. I may gain valuable information-but I have to stop and consider the information in light of the language barrier so to speak-admit I may be wrong.
    well, just recognizing a wider range of processes makes everyone smarter. at the same time, for me, although i'm not great at it, i still see like 60% of the responsibility to be on the individual to deal with others presumptions and just handle it. i'd like to get better at this.

Fe is utterly amazing. Like some sort of super power, from my perspective-but a few requests:

1) Fe users please do be confused when we cant replicate this. Because we dont use Fe. It isnt "obvious" and we arent "rude", we just communicate differently and have a different worldview.

2) Admit the legitimacy of alternate worldviews as state as done. Recognize and convey to us know that while we may never agree-we still are not morally flawed or broken because we see the world differently.

3) Take a moment between perceiving what we say or do-and pause-and recognize there is a high certainty that you will misread what we said and attribute motives we never had. Of course you dont mean to do this, your intents are almost always well founded-but learn to pause as the Fi users learned to pause last year.

4) recognize that what feels to be common sense is Fe working with your perceiving functions-thus "everybody knows this"=FAIL.
    agreed. the biggest thing for me is seeing how much i can enjoy the values of Fi types, how much it helps me see the world in a different way. you can see it in the music of infps and the actual living musicality of enfps.

937 so/sx

Gah, I have to post ... it was the "Pretentious Fi" thread ... not "presumptuous" ... FWIW.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Curious thread about the Fi and Fe interpretations.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Gah, I have to post ... it was the "Pretentious Fi" thread ... not "presumptuous" ... FWIW.
    1. full of, characterized by, or showing presumption or readiness to presume in conduct or thought.
    2. unwarrantedly or impertinently bold; forward.

1. making claim to distinction or importance, esp undeservedly
    2. having or creating a deceptive outer appearance of great worth; ostentatious

There's actually quite a difference. Though the message is still the same.