User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

could think about buying that book for him as a christmas present.

anyways, today he said that he stops eating crap tomorrow(his own decision, but it almost always is, so no big change here). also he noticed that it might be possible to jog if the weather is good.

i managed to make him understand few things about this addiction thing in general. he ranted how he doesent want to buy crap and that when he eats ben & jerry's(or something like that) it just gives him a normal feeling and when he wants one he just feels crap because he shouldnt eat it and wants to. and i managed to make him understand that its exactly the same as feeling withdraws from nicotine for example.

one positive thing about all this is that he knows that he feels better about everything when he isnt in this eating rampage, but he has known it for ages, so it doesent really make any difference to this time. but he thinks that he can eat a piece of cake etc in special occasions, but im pretty certain that at some point, he will overdo it and its back to the same old shit again..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

infp's are very stubborn but can easily be tricked. You basically would have to wean him from his old food habits into new ones. Did work with my girlfriend, tho I think you prolly do not have the chance to cook for him too often. If you tho should have try to do that, just be careful you dont have him on your arse after that wanting you to continue cooking for him
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    infp's are very stubborn but can easily be tricked. You basically would have to wean him from his old food habits into new ones. Did work with my girlfriend, tho I think you prolly do not have the chance to cook for him too often. If you tho should have try to do that, just be careful you dont have him on your arse after that wanting you to continue cooking for him
    Haha. Easily be tricked. I don't know about that exactly, but you have a point there. I have to trick myself sometimes into feeling a certain way about something before I can make myself do it. Key point, though... "trick myself". I don't think our type is necessarily gullible enough to be tricked by others, considering we easily read other people's motives. Though, it may have worked for you because of that particular individual. Every person is different.

I agree with earlier posts. He's got to want to do it himself. But perhaps agree to do it along with him for at least a time? Get together and eat healthy things, learn new recipes, or even workout. Try to get him excited about it. It really sounds like he has a food addiction and therapy is fairly necessary for any kind of addiction if he hasn't got the will power on his own. Also, I know that for me- It's very hard for me to talk about my feelings with others. Encourage him to talk to you when he feels down. (Even if you don't exactly want to hear it. ) Perhaps he'll replace food with getting out his feelings in a healthy manner.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEmpire View Post
    Haha. Easily be tricked. I don't know about that exactly, but you have a point there. I have to trick myself sometimes into feeling a certain way about something before I can make myself do it. Key point, though... "trick myself". I don't think our type is necessarily gullible enough to be tricked by others, considering we easily read other people's motives. Though, it may have worked for you because of that particular individual. Every person is different.
    Well I dont want to advance a discussion on how to be a good con man but when you think you cant be tricked, you're in danger the most

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well I dont want to advance a discussion on how to be a good con man but when you think you cant be tricked, you're in danger the most
    Actually, I personally enjoy thinking that everything and everyone is out to get me.

In fact, I'm pretty sure you're part of the KGB. But yes. No more de-railing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes .

I am curious, regarding this whole topic: could you say infp's have a knack for getting themselves in dangers ? For as long I am together with my girlfriend, I have the impression of myself that I am overly protectivce, I've never seen that before, most probably due to a lack of people who are not in my environment. My girlfriend is diagnosed ADS so she already has a hardtime with remembering things, but I am not refering to that. I mean she's prone to come in contact with really criminal circles in the environment and that quite easily. I am way to conservative to have ever been that cool, I am just wondering on the one hand she strikes me as an intellectual being, then again she has that silly switch when she can become a person I never knew and who appears quite unwise and let's say it asocial to me. Gladly with age she's not putting to much effort into her alter ego no more, but it was still interesting to see like Faust, alas there are two souls housed within my breast. Can you identify with this or is this my-gf-special ?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    anyways, today he said that he stops eating crap tomorrow(his own decision, but it almost always is, so no big change here). also he noticed that it might be possible to jog if the weather is good.
    I'm not buying it until he says "I'm not eating crap right now", and then chooses healthy food. Once he does that for a month, I'll believe it.

Nothing personal, I've just been there and done that.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I agree with alot of this. Personally, I have some bad habits that I know I should give up. But then again its so much easier not to and deal with it later! Typical INFP I guess, but like it has been said....he has to want it and be committed to any changes.

A window to the soul

^ How to motivate?

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Oh wait did I say I had bad habits? nope, uh-uh
    But I'm not sure a person can actually motivate someone else without the original person knowing when its time for a change and being committed to it