• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ hype

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ugh that's hard to tell for me. My girlfriend comes from a very musical household, she alone plays 4 instruments. I dont think she has a special area she likes the most, she is more like me and picks the best from all time. When I got to know her she mainly listened to alot of depressive metal cr.. stuff like Korn. She tho were the first woman I met in my life who liked Goa psytrance and that was by the time what I was listening to. I was very surprised I thought an open-minded and spontaneous woman like that couldnt exist. Nowadays she has ripped some techno cd's from me and wants to equip her car with a bass output amplifier. She mostly listens to retro techno, but she did that all by herself. I didnt actively influence her or maybe I did, I dunno :)

Here's her favourite atm:
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTV8i_KjXM"].[/youtube]

And I have to add since the beginning of December there's a cd with american christmas songs in her car, which I definitly have to steal over night one time. Not that I dont like christmas songs but when you heard "Last Christmas" for the quadribillionth time, you want to do that too :D

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Thats really sweet. So, late 90s - early 00s?

I'm kidding of course, nobody has to be pigeon-holed in a time.

I would never want to live in a bygone era, no matter the hype. There is too much to appreciate from the entirety of past and present and too much interest in what the future will bring.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Kinda strong opinionated for that inculpable avatar, why in the world wouldnt you love the Bee Gees or Queen ? :)

I'm always strongly opinionated. It comes with age and always being right. :laugh: I wish.

The Bee Gees sucked and Queen mostly sucked. What's inculpable, anyway. My avatar is sweet and goes with my user title. She's saying she's in trouble, life sucks and then she went outside to the swing to pout. :)

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm always strongly opinionated.

Haha you could say the same about me, though I'm actually not ALWAYS strongly opinionated, just about things I care about.

The Bee Gees sucked and Queen mostly sucked.

:thelook:

I like 70's music.

My avatar is sweet and goes with my user title. She's saying she's in trouble and life sucks. :)

The combo of your avatar and the words "in a hollowy place" make me think of West Virginia. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I hope she gets the swing again. Dunno she looks so curiously into the copse the sun is shining thru, if she just swings two or three times with just enough pep, she maybe can fly towards the sun leaving all that was buging her behind. Would need proper shoes tho, the landing after an attitude flight needs to be well coordinated :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I hope she gets the swing again. Dunno she looks so curiously into the copse the sun is shining thru, if she just swings two or three times with just enough pep, she maybe can fly towards the sun leaving all that was buging her behind. Would need proper shoes tho, the landing after an attitude flight needs to be well coordinated :)

*sighs*

Children in hollowy places don't wear shoes when they're on the yard swing.

S

Sniffles

1970's was also the age of Soviet Funk. Comrade Brezhnev approved!

[youtube="u2tdMwQobZ0"]Smashing Capitalism funky style![/youtube]

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
*sighs*

Children in hollowy places don't wear shoes when they're on the yard swing.

This is correct. :) I hate shoes and yes I live in WV and yes, I'm lovin' it. Beats the heck out of where I was born and partly grew up, namely Florida.

ABBA was fine, a lot of the groups of the time were fine, but the 70s became synonomous (sp) with Disco and I hate it. I liked a lot of groups, namely Jim Croce (obviously not a group :) ) The Doobie Brothers and some other real rock bands of the time. I have very eclectic tastes in music, I like all kinds, just not disco, most country and dixieland jazz (limited amounts).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is correct. :) I hate shoes and yes I live in WV and yes, I'm lovin' it. Beats the heck out of where I was born and partly grew up, namely Florida.

ABBA was fine, a lot of the groups of the time were fine, but the 70s became synonomous (sp) with Disco and I hate it. I liked a lot of groups, namely Jim Croce (obviously not a group :) ) The Doobie Brothers and some other real rock bands of the time. I have very eclectic tastes in music, I like all kinds, just not disco, most country and dixieland jazz (limited amounts).

WOW I WAS RIGHT YOU LIVE IN WEST VIRGINIA. :hifive: I was born there and spent most of my childhood there until I was about ten years old. My mother and sisters currently live there, I went to college there, and I just left about nine or ten months ago. Of course, I grew up saying "holler" instead of "hollow."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
1970's was also the age of Soviet Funk. Comrade Brezhnev approved!

[youtube="u2tdMwQobZ0"]Smashing Capitalism funky style![/youtube]

I know that's supposed to be funny (it is) but I like the choreographed dance routine the girls are doing, and that boy at the end is kind of cute.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:sick: The seventies were awful. Well, SOME of the music was okay (mainly early 70s), otherwise sucked big time.

If only for the combination of avocado green and orange.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Those were the colors in my grandparents house when I was little, along with shades of brown and yellow.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I remember the StarTrek TNG episode, I think it was called something like "110100101" when Riker flirted with a woman on the holodeck in a jazzbar, who said she doesnt like dixieland because she cant dance to it. Is that true, I have no clue about jazz :)

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6

...and purple shag rugs with yellow walls and a huge "put your eyes out" pink and yellow stuffed bunny rabbit. (this was my room) *shudder*

And goldenrod, don't forget goldenrod was alway paired with that avocado green.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I remember the StarTrek TNG episode, I think it was called something like "110100101" when Riker flirted with a woman on the holodeck in a jazzbar, who said she doesnt like dixieland because she cant dance to it. Is that true, I have no clue about jazz :)

The jazzbar lady is right, I don't think you can dance to it unless you're some kind of manic, rag doll that's completely spazzing out.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
...and purple shag rugs with yellow walls and a huge "put your eyes out" pink and yellow stuffed bunny rabbit. (this was my room) *shudder*

And goldenrod, don't forget goldenrod was alway paired with that avocado green.

YES GOLDENROD. GOLDENROD WAS THE COLOR OF GRANDMA'S CURTAINS...not "yellow."

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
:laugh: I hated that color.

Where did you go to school? I live in the exact middle of the state. I grew up saying hollow, my dad would've flipped out with my pronouncing it any other way, but I have to watch myself now. I live in the country (which is most of the state lol) and I've gotten into some bad habits. It really does rub off. :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:laugh: I hated that color.

Where did you go to school? I live in the exact middle of the state. I grew up saying hollow, my dad would've flipped out with my pronouncing it any other way, but I have to watch myself now. I live in the country (which is most of the state lol) and I've gotten into some bad habits. It really does rub off. :yes:

LOL goldenrod and olive green will forever feel like "home" to me....I grew up in the southeastern part of the state, went to Winfield Elementary before moving to NC. If you mean college, I attended WVSU.

My family is extremely representative of regional dialect, as I grew up not only saying "holler" but also was taught that "petrol" was the word for gasoline, and my grandfather used to also sometimes say "West Virginee." Of course, he was from that old mountain generation - he literally grew up in a log cabin and ran around barefoot. I mean, we all ran around barefoot (and I still do!) but apparently he had less of a choice in the matter.