Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    This is correct. I hate shoes and yes I live in WV and yes, I'm lovin' it. Beats the heck out of where I was born and partly grew up, namely Florida.

ABBA was fine, a lot of the groups of the time were fine, but the 70s became synonomous (sp) with Disco and I hate it. I liked a lot of groups, namely Jim Croce (obviously not a group ) The Doobie Brothers and some other real rock bands of the time. I have very eclectic tastes in music, I like all kinds, just not disco, most country and dixieland jazz (limited amounts).
    WOW I WAS RIGHT YOU LIVE IN WEST VIRGINIA. I was born there and spent most of my childhood there until I was about ten years old. My mother and sisters currently live there, I went to college there, and I just left about nine or ten months ago. Of course, I grew up saying "holler" instead of "hollow."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    1970's was also the age of Soviet Funk. Comrade Brezhnev approved!

[youtube="u2tdMwQobZ0"]Smashing Capitalism funky style![/youtube]
    I know that's supposed to be funny (it is) but I like the choreographed dance routine the girls are doing, and that boy at the end is kind of cute.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The seventies were awful. Well, SOME of the music was okay (mainly early 70s), otherwise sucked big time.
    If only for the combination of avocado green and orange.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Those were the colors in my grandparents house when I was little, along with shades of brown and yellow.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This is correct. I hate shoes and yes I live in WV and yes, I'm lovin' it. Beats the heck out of where I was born and partly grew up, namely Florida.

ABBA was fine, a lot of the groups of the time were fine, but the 70s became synonomous (sp) with Disco and I hate it. I liked a lot of groups, namely Jim Croce (obviously not a group ) The Doobie Brothers and some other real rock bands of the time. I have very eclectic tastes in music, I like all kinds, just not disco, most country and dixieland jazz (limited amounts).
    I remember the StarTrek TNG episode, I think it was called something like "110100101" when Riker flirted with a woman on the holodeck in a jazzbar, who said she doesnt like dixieland because she cant dance to it. Is that true, I have no clue about jazz
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ...and purple shag rugs with yellow walls and a huge "put your eyes out" pink and yellow stuffed bunny rabbit. (this was my room) *shudder*

And goldenrod, don't forget goldenrod was alway paired with that avocado green.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I remember the StarTrek TNG episode, I think it was called something like "110100101" when Riker flirted with a woman on the holodeck in a jazzbar, who said she doesnt like dixieland because she cant dance to it. Is that true, I have no clue about jazz
    The jazzbar lady is right, I don't think you can dance to it unless you're some kind of manic, rag doll that's completely spazzing out.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

...and purple shag rugs with yellow walls and a huge "put your eyes out" pink and yellow stuffed bunny rabbit. (this was my room) *shudder*

And goldenrod, don't forget goldenrod was alway paired with that avocado green.
    YES GOLDENROD. GOLDENROD WAS THE COLOR OF GRANDMA'S CURTAINS...not "yellow."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I hated that color.

Where did you go to school? I live in the exact middle of the state. I grew up saying hollow, my dad would've flipped out with my pronouncing it any other way, but I have to watch myself now. I live in the country (which is most of the state lol) and I've gotten into some bad habits. It really does rub off.
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I hated that color.

Where did you go to school? I live in the exact middle of the state. I grew up saying hollow, my dad would've flipped out with my pronouncing it any other way, but I have to watch myself now. I live in the country (which is most of the state lol) and I've gotten into some bad habits. It really does rub off.
    LOL goldenrod and olive green will forever feel like "home" to me....I grew up in the southeastern part of the state, went to Winfield Elementary before moving to NC. If you mean college, I attended WVSU.

My family is extremely representative of regional dialect, as I grew up not only saying "holler" but also was taught that "petrol" was the word for gasoline, and my grandfather used to also sometimes say "West Virginee." Of course, he was from that old mountain generation - he literally grew up in a log cabin and ran around barefoot. I mean, we all ran around barefoot (and I still do!) but apparently he had less of a choice in the matter.