User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: INFJ hype

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I love that this thread has turned into a thread about hippies.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually the mod subculture (which I love more about the 60's than hippies) began in England in the late 50's. I love love love all things mod. I feel that in the United States Andy Warhol and the Factory and Edie Sedgwick also seemed to fit a bit more with the mod subculture than with hippies. I don't necessarily consider the hippies the "real" 60's culture, myself, just ONE of the elements of the 60's. Everything wasn't square in the 50's, either. The beatniks are also from the 50's.

Maybe I'm the only person that does kind of like that "square-ish" 50's, early 60's vibe...it's part of the reason why I like David Lynch films and shows like Mad Men.
    Beatniks are alright I guess. Personally I prefer the Lounge subculture represented by the Rat Pack.

[youtube="vl6Xin4YgFk"]Rat Pack ftw![/youtube]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah the Rat Pack "lounge culture" makes me think of old, historic Vegas...something I became very familiar with by living there. Martinis, piano bars, glamour...yeah that stuff is cool.

The beat generation I like because I associate it with Route 66 and artists, to me it represents a more intellectual rebellion than the hippie movement. I mean I appreciate the hippie movement because of getting back to nature, freedom, and equal rights, but I could do without a lot of aspects of it.

Here's a photo of Miss Beatnik 1959 from Venice Beach,CA. It gives me very much a Laura Palmer vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually the mod subculture (which I love more about the 60's than hippies) began in England in the late 50's. I love love love all things mod.
    You're not the only one. For me, Lounge, Beatnik, & Mod >>> Hippie

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    The hippies were the major American offshoot of the 60s "feeling", I think. "The 60s", as a concept, was largely British in nature but was obviously incorporated and changed when it reached America. The pertinence of the Vietnam War obviously gave a very US-gloss to proceedings Stateside. I think that's why there may be a tendency to consider the early 60s as a bit of a write-off in America; Americans probably identity more with the end and with Woodstock, etc.
    I don't see how the early 60's are actually a "write-off" in American culture when they pretty much epitomize the heart of it. The early 60's were bright, colorful, commercial, fun, perpetually adolescent, there was a lot of emphasis on beach culture i.e. The Beach Boys and Annette Funicello/Frankie Avalon movies...and a lot of 80's fashions - AND CURRENT FASHIONS - are more influenced by the early-to-mid 60's than the late 60's hippie stuff. Space age/post-modern/plastic is all early 60's stuff...and the 80's had that whole colorful, fun, synthetic sprayed-up, teased-up hair thing going on. Early 60's is still at the root of pop music and I see as being a strong influence on what we now call "hipster" fashion: the big clunky glasses, big sunglasses, skinny jeans, leggings, ballet slipper flats, bangs, etc.

I almost wonder if people forget about the early 60's in America because the culture of that time has become so intrinsic to what is considered "American."

And let us not forget the civil rights movement...

Sniffles

Apparently there's more sexiness in being a long-haired unwashed hippie who throws temper tantrums in the streets en masse.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think bathing is sexy.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If this goes on like that I am gonna change my type to INFJ too
    Long live the 70s !

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCtgFmQvjQ&feature=related"].[/youtube]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

The seventies were awful. Well, SOME of the music was okay (mainly early 70s), otherwise sucked big time.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Kinda strong opinionated for that inculpable avatar, why in the world wouldnt you love the Bee Gees or Queen ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]