User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: It's Strange...

Glycerine

Default It's Strange...

I have supposedly met at least 5 ENFJs irl, 3 or 4 ESFJ and several EXFJs but I don't really relate to them. I know that I have strong Fe but in some ways, they just seem so foreign to me.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Not strange to me. I can always make specific connections between myself and other ENFJs (dont know what ESFJs i've met), but we don't resonate with one another in other ways. It's usually in their depth/quantity of caring and the action they take through their Fe.
    Can you specify where you don't relate? Got me all curious.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Glycerine

I was thinking about how Fe is objective and cares about the collective norms but each Fe-dom is going to pick the ones that they personally value the most and emphasize those. There have been times where I have heard Fe doms say "Oh that's so rude" and I am just like "huh?" or "oh, shit, I was supposed to care about that."

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Maybe you're just so much cooler than the other EXFJs (because you help people figure out their careers ), they just dont know what to do with you.

Glycerine

hahaha, thanks...

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I make specific connections, like Unkind mentioned. I find ENFJs to be one of the more slippery types for "relating", for some reason. I know what you're talking about though.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Glycerine

haha yeah, I agree with the "specific connections" but everything seems very hit or miss. Do you relate at all to what I said in my second post... one of many crackpot hypotheses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I was thinking about how Fe is objective and cares about the collective norms but each Fe-dom is going to pick the ones that they personally value the most and emphasize those. There have been times where I have heard Fe doms say "Oh that's so rude" and I am just like "huh?" or "oh, shit, I was supposed to care about that."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I don't care about everything either, and asking me to will only make me angry. I feel my emotions engage without my permission, and that I cannot control, BUT there are times when I simply do NOT care and there's no way to make me care. I often took this to be my battered past and strung-out emotions telling on me, but no, there's more to it. I simply don't have to care about everything nor *will* I care about everything. The word "will" implies extertion - I find that sometimes I must exert myself (my will) to care or not care. My Se, stronger now than it was when I was a kid or even a teenager, was what I drew from to tell me what was happening around me, and sometimes I miss cues and am inadvertantly rude.

How do you think this theory of yours applies to your enneagram type? Perhaps 5s aren't the classic "bleeding heart"?

Are you wrung out? Is there anything taxing your nerves?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    (The see-what-your-friends-are-posting link led me here Sorry to be rude and poke my nosy enfp head in...)

The few enfjs I have met in real life feel kinda slippery to me. It wasnt till I read protean describe how she analyzes people that I realized that maybe it is because an enfp and enfj both reach out to people but we are using such different tools that we kinda stumble past each other and are left with these tendrils of wispy stuff and going "hmm, wonder just what happened there...."

FeSi sort of makes sense for me as I guess it would be pretty specific rules that the ESFJ learned by watching and interacting with other people at a young age. And I guess if an ESFJ from japan was dropped into america, they might freak out for a bit as the Si rules they knew didnt match anymore. So maybe that might contribute a little bit to how you describe each Fe dom picking their own Fe values-perhaps culturally influenced...even influenced some by family or local town and expectations?

But as FeNi, well I dunno, that seems like it would be Ni-ishly seeking something more universal, some version of singularly defined Fe that transcends the concrete Si bonds, more abstract notions of social mores which could be more universally applied to humanity..... thus maybe enfjs can be much more flexible about what they choose to embrace....

(exits before protean kicks my butt out of the enfj thread lalalalala.....*skips away* )

Enneagram
    1w2

Why would I kick you out?

I don't think I like that.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3