User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 50 of 50

  1. #41
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Ofcourse not if your type has been confirmed by a MBTi professional. Very much so if all you have done is taken tests on the internet not certified by CPP..
    I've been certified twice as an INFP. Tests were about 15 years apart. Teehee

    Perhaps I'm just a demonic ISTP.

  2. #42
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've been certified twice as an INFP. Tests were about 15 years apart. Teehee

    Perhaps I'm just a demonic ISTP.
    Since I dont know what has made you challenge this, I see it as a funny anecdote, if nothing else. But you have to atleast agree with me that the idea of taking online uncertified tests, get INFP as your type, read a 1 or 2 descriptions online and then think you can have anything constructive to say about Fi is preposterous. Right? Atleast you must have done extensive reading before changing your type.

  3. #43
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Since I dont know what has made you challenge this, I see it as a funny anecdote, if nothing else. But you have to atleast agree with me that the idea of taking online uncertified tests, get INFP as your type, read a 1 or 2 descriptions online and then think you can have anything constructive to say about Fi is preposterous. Right? Atleast you must have done extensive reading before changing your type.
    What has made me challenge it.. For one, this other story I posted here. Also, that I had enough ease with confrontation in highschool that I'd knocked someone out for shoving me out of the way on the stairwell. That I got on top of a picnic table and (stupidly) challenged all of his scary buddies when they came for me. That I psyched them out enough that they hesitated and actually became my friends later. Except, I wasn't really their friend. I'm full of stories to challenge it, I guess. I'd like to be as idealistic as INFPs at times.. but lets say it's only second nature at best. A learned behavior or something. It's complicated. At this point though, I've given up trying to imagine INFPs or ISFPs being like me. As far as I know, Fi doms on this site don't line up with anything like the above.

  4. #44
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    What has made me challenge it.. For one, this other story I posted here. Also, that I had enough ease with confrontation in highschool that I'd knocked someone out for shoving me out of the way on the stairwell. That I got on top of a picnic table and (stupidly) challenged all of his scary buddies when they came for me. That I psyched them out enough that they hesitated and became my friend (kind of a gamble if I must say.. They would have beat my ass). I'd like to be as idealistic as INFPs at times.. but lets say it's only second nature at best. A learned behavior or something. It's complicated. At this point though, I've given up trying to imagine INFPs or ISFPs being like me. As far as I know, Fi doms on this site don't line up with anything like the above.
    A learned behavior, yes exactly. Personality types and Jungs ideas dont predict behavior/outcome of cognitive thought. It defines that one cognitive function can be used to get to an array of different behavior. While another function will come to the same array of behaviors as the first, just through different cognition. I know a story from another site of an INFP that explained how she would throw around with chairs and stuff when she felt that students or teachers where treating her or others badly in school. Even if we where to believe behavior is personality type, would you automatically conclude that ALL INFPs would do that in school?
    Last edited by slowriot; 11-25-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: to clear up what I meant and added a line

  5. #45
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    No, my first impulse... hell for like a straight year almost (since I've registered at this site) was to think Fi doms are capable of many types of behavior. I've just kind of thrown in the towel as of late. edit: I'm going to slim this down. Getting off the point.

  6. #46
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Fi is cuter than Ti. That's all I know.
    Cute Ti haha, my istp uncle trying to logic his esfp daughter out of her phobias is kind of cute.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  7. #47
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Cute Ti haha, my istp uncle trying to logic his esfp daughter out of her phobias is kind of cute.
    I don't want to derail, but I can imagine how that'd play out. Whatever logical facility I have doesn't come to the forefront like that though (plus I experience it as an introverted function.. it's focused on me, checking myself). When I usually give advice (or talk to people in general), it's more Perceiving and informal. If they had a social phobia at school, for example, I'd point out some fact or dispel some myths about their environment, tell them how certain kids are. Showing them there isn't a monster under their bed. Sometimes I notice ISTs (not sure if it's J or P) would target a person themselves, try to "fix" their reasoning directly. The Dr. Phil approach. While for me, it's not the person per se, it's that they don't have enough information to feel safe.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Cute Ti haha, my istp uncle trying to logic his esfp daughter out of her phobias is kind of cute.
    trying to solve phobias with logic is dumb.* that's the thing that annoys me the most about NTs, many of them simply dont see logic isnt the best approach always. Fs at least live in T's world so we learned to adapt a bit.

    *phobias arent rational to begin with, and it rarely works to approach them from rational pov, it's like teaching a fish to walk. of course, minor phobias can be approached like that, but it's not the best method. it's only what are NTs most comfortable with. <> best method.

    I mean, of course there is no rational reason to have social phobia, but still how many people solve it permanently with pure rationalization? A few.

  9. #49
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Cute Ti haha, my istp uncle trying to logic his esfp daughter out of her phobias is kind of cute.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why this method doesn't work. Knowledge dispels ignorance, and many times people have irrational fears because of ignorance or misunderstanding.

    I know that it helps my phobias to think about the likelihood of certain things actually happening, and the steps that could be taken to prevent what ever realistic risk that thing takes (because at heart, phobias ARE things that are risky in reality that have been overblown to irrationality).

  10. #50
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why this method doesn't work. Knowledge dispels ignorance, and many times people have irrational fears because of ignorance or misunderstanding.

    I know that it helps my phobias to think about the likelihood of certain things actually happening, and the steps that could be taken to prevent what ever realistic risk that thing takes (because at heart, phobias ARE things that are risky in reality that have been overblown to irrationality).
    Her main phobia was fear of being alone in the dark, her mind knows that there's probably nothing out there but her brain is screaming "run!". It's almost a physical thing rather than mental. Like an instinctive response, an instinct that would have made complete sense when our brains were evolving.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] Let's talk about Inferior Fi
    By Merced in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-15-2017, 03:58 PM
  2. Let's talk about Tertiary-Fi, if's that OK? ^_^
    By VagrantFarce in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
  3. Let's Talk About Fantasy (The Narcotic)
    By Asterion in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
  4. Let's talk about Fantasy (the genre)
    By JivinJeffJones in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO