User Tag List

First 12

brainheart

I think the combo of intuition and feeling can be very logical. By this I mean logic as a system of reasoning. There's just not an obvious map diagramming it.

We live in a patriarchal world. Most men are thinking types. They think their way of logic is the 'correct' way, that using feeling to rationalize is flawed. You see evidence of this on this site all the damn time. On the aptitude tests I've taken, I score highest in verbal reasoning and decoding. But I don't think I reach my conclusions in the same way thinker types do.

I'm definitely very logical; and while I am also very emotional, and that may blur some edges for me; it also serves as a strong motivator to be careful in my logic.

When I am not in the midst of an emotional turmoil I can be incredibly logical, I can reason at times very coldly but like some other INFJs have said especially in regards to people I wouldn't share my conclusions easily because I don't want to hurt people or come across as a cold-hearted bitch. In general people considerations are more important to me than other considerations, I don't deal well with confrontation and really, really dislike hurting people unless they had it coming for a while.

I also find seeing the world just through a logical lense plain boring, there is so much more to discover, that goes far beyond reason. I am far more drawn to the mystical, the vague and the airy-fairy then to cold hard facts. In contrast to some Ts I have read about I also always know what I am feeling and in general also why, though I have a very logical streak my emotions are omnipresent and I couldn't just push them to the side and ignore them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Sure! I bet NF's are logical, I am called the most logical among my friends and I think what they mean to say is not that we aren't logical; its that we also think/do illogical things, depending upon our intuition, which logical people do not.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    When I am not in the midst of an emotional turmoil I can be incredibly logical, I can reason at times very coldly but like some other INFJs have said especially in regards to people I wouldn't share my conclusions easily because I don't want to hurt people or come across as a cold-hearted bitch. In general people considerations are more important to me than other considerations, I don't deal well with confrontation and really, really dislike hurting people unless they had it coming for a while.
    I consider myself logical when I've set my heart to complete a task or to accept a new challenge. When it comes to arguments, it really depends on who I'm dealing with. I tend to be more emotional rather than logical when I got hurted by those who I care.

I also find seeing the world just through a logical lense plain boring, there is so much more to discover, that goes far beyond reason. I am far more drawn to the mystical, the vague and the airy-fairy then to cold hard facts. In contrast to some Ts I have read about I also always know what I am feeling and in general also why, though I have a very logical streak my emotions are omnipresent and I couldn't just push them to the side and ignore them.

+1.