• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] INFP/ENFP: Do you feel "safe" to openly & freely share your thoughts about Fi here?

Fi ONLY: Do you feel safe to freely share your thoughts about Fi on TypoC?

• Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You know, I don't think there is any state in the US with a law or a health department code requiring patrons to wear shoes while in a restaurant. But restaurants claim there is and will turn you away for not complying. I found a web site that gets letters from each state every year saying it is ok to go barefoot in a restaurant (customers, not workers).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know, I don't think there is any state in the US with a law or a health department code requiring patrons to wear shoes while in a restaurant. But restaurants claim there is and will turn you away for not complying. I found a web site that gets letters from each state every year saying it is ok to go barefoot in a restaurant (customers, not workers).

If I was a business the United States I wouldn't want barefoot people in my restaurant either because of health department codes - whether there's an actual law against customers specifically doing it - it still is a risk, especially in our melodramatically litigious society. One can only imagine the law suits that could evolve from common injuries that happen to bare feet.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't respect music unless the lyrics have meaning to me and the person singing the lyrics is the person who wrote them.

I feel the same way about that one.

I used to always keep quiet about my opinions unless someone asked me, but now as I've gotten older I find myself blurting them out without thinking. It's gotten me in trouble a few times too, but I don't blame them. For example:

A mother shows my friend and I pictures of her daughter.
Mother: "This is back when she had anorexia." (All sad-like)
Friend: "Aw..."
Me: "I could never go anorexic, I love food too much."

I wanted to slap myself.

I really don't want to offend anyone, but I can't stop myself sometimes. I really need that filter that all Fe doms seem to have.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If I was a business the United States I wouldn't want barefoot people in my restaurant either because of health department codes - whether there's an actual law against customers specifically doing it - it still is a risk, especially in our melodramatically litigious society. One can only imagine the law suits that could evolve from common injuries that happen to bare feet.
Yeah, I get that. It is a risk because people think it is a risk.

Bare feet are seen as unclean, but shoes are fine. Shoes rarely if ever get washed and they touch everywhere that a bare foot would touch.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm talking about injuries to bare feet. The health risk involves things like getting glass in your foot or having smashed toes or god knows what else.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I can agree that there is some risk there, but I think those things are way blown out of proportion in people's minds.

How often have most people's shoes protected them from these things in a restaurant? I don't think mine ever have.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you serious? You can't be serious. People sue companies these days over the most minor things - tripping over things in the parking lot. There's no reason to add glass in child's foot or randomly broken toe to that list.

I understand, and I also believe that businesses should have a right to make their own rules about who they choose to serve and who they don't. "The customer is always right" was probably a good idea at one point...until people realized that they could be hateful and nasty to workers with no fear of any kind of retaliation, and that they could sue businesses over what was often their own stupidity, irresponsibility, or even just random chance accident.

"We retain the right to refuse service to anyone" is an awesome credo. It's one of the reasons why I tend to think Europeans have more common sense about that sort of thing.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People sue companies these days over the most minor things - tripping over things in the parking lot. There's no reason to add glass in child's foot or randomly broken toe to that list.
I never intended to argue with this.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I can agree that there is some risk there, but I think those things are way blown out of proportion in people's minds.
Maybe I should clarify. I think the risk of injury is blown out of proportion in people's minds. Not the risk of getting sued by some one over things that I don't think are much of a risk in the first place. The risk of getting sued is real.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Nothing major or anything, but I got told "you can't be serious!" which is basically calling me an idiot because she knew I was serious the whole time.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I didn't call you an idiot. My wording? That's how I post on the forum in general and if you look at my posts you can see that, unless it's actually a personal topic.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I didn't call you an idiot. My wording? That's how I post on the forum in general and if you look at my posts you can see that, unless it's actually a personal topic.
I'm not mad about it or anything, but it is discouraging to be 100% serious and get the "you can't be serious!" in response.