User Tag List

View Poll Results: Fi ONLY: Do you feel safe to freely share your thoughts about Fi on TypoC?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 63.89%
  • No

13 36.11%
First 253334353637 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

You know, I don't think there is any state in the US with a law or a health department code requiring patrons to wear shoes while in a restaurant. But restaurants claim there is and will turn you away for not complying. I found a web site that gets letters from each state every year saying it is ok to go barefoot in a restaurant (customers, not workers).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    You know, I don't think there is any state in the US with a law or a health department code requiring patrons to wear shoes while in a restaurant. But restaurants claim there is and will turn you away for not complying. I found a web site that gets letters from each state every year saying it is ok to go barefoot in a restaurant (customers, not workers).
    If I was a business the United States I wouldn't want barefoot people in my restaurant either because of health department codes - whether there's an actual law against customers specifically doing it - it still is a risk, especially in our melodramatically litigious society. One can only imagine the law suits that could evolve from common injuries that happen to bare feet.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

I don't respect music unless the lyrics have meaning to me and the person singing the lyrics is the person who wrote them.
    I feel the same way about that one.

I used to always keep quiet about my opinions unless someone asked me, but now as I've gotten older I find myself blurting them out without thinking. It's gotten me in trouble a few times too, but I don't blame them. For example:

A mother shows my friend and I pictures of her daughter.
    Mother: "This is back when she had anorexia." (All sad-like)
    Friend: "Aw..."
    Me: "I could never go anorexic, I love food too much."

I wanted to slap myself.

I really don't want to offend anyone, but I can't stop myself sometimes. I really need that filter that all Fe doms seem to have.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If I was a business the United States I wouldn't want barefoot people in my restaurant either because of health department codes - whether there's an actual law against customers specifically doing it - it still is a risk, especially in our melodramatically litigious society. One can only imagine the law suits that could evolve from common injuries that happen to bare feet.
    Yeah, I get that. It is a risk because people think it is a risk.

Bare feet are seen as unclean, but shoes are fine. Shoes rarely if ever get washed and they touch everywhere that a bare foot would touch.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm talking about injuries to bare feet. The health risk involves things like getting glass in your foot or having smashed toes or god knows what else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I can agree that there is some risk there, but I think those things are way blown out of proportion in people's minds.

How often have most people's shoes protected them from these things in a restaurant? I don't think mine ever have.

Ti experiences the same as Fi. People can't deal with it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Are you serious? You can't be serious. People sue companies these days over the most minor things - tripping over things in the parking lot. There's no reason to add glass in child's foot or randomly broken toe to that list.

I understand, and I also believe that businesses should have a right to make their own rules about who they choose to serve and who they don't. "The customer is always right" was probably a good idea at one point...until people realized that they could be hateful and nasty to workers with no fear of any kind of retaliation, and that they could sue businesses over what was often their own stupidity, irresponsibility, or even just random chance accident.

"We retain the right to refuse service to anyone" is an awesome credo. It's one of the reasons why I tend to think Europeans have more common sense about that sort of thing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    People sue companies these days over the most minor things - tripping over things in the parking lot. There's no reason to add glass in child's foot or randomly broken toe to that list.
    I never intended to argue with this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I can agree that there is some risk there, but I think those things are way blown out of proportion in people's minds.
    Maybe I should clarify. I think the risk of injury is blown out of proportion in people's minds. Not the risk of getting sued by some one over things that I don't think are much of a risk in the first place. The risk of getting sued is real.