User Tag List

View Poll Results: Fi ONLY: Do you feel safe to freely share your thoughts about Fi on TypoC?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 63.89%
  • No

13 36.11%
First 1234513 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

since you bring this up, I suppose I am persecuted for honestly expressing Fi, but moreso in real life than on the forums. people in middle school and high school were always telling me I was too much like Yugioh or that I talked like I was the lead role in an opera or something. other people would say stuff like "dude, it's not a big deal" and I'd be like "people are being oppressed and having their rights and freedoms stripped from them like cattle! how is that not a big deal?!!!" people have always persecuted me for my unconventional views and strong sense of values (meanwhile I am disgusted at how little other people seem to care about others being persecuted or bullied. I don't get how they can just except things as they are, especially when they themselves are the ones being oppressed)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't get it. what's the problem? honestly i skim over most argumentative posts...so i just haven't seen it. do you think fe users are offended by the way fi users phrase things and vice versa? like just by talking about the way you operate you are some how insulting the alternative? hmm...well i think that sucks....but to answer your question i feel just fine discussing my point of view i rarely get caught up in major disagreements here...i may be a little too live n let live for that which isn't to say i'm just disinterested...i'm not...i enjoy hearing how others think and what motivates them but i usually bow out of a thread once it turns into a debate...that kinda ruins the whole exploratory type discussion for me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

but alas, to be an INFP is to be persecuted. I was bullied all through school up until high school when I became strong and finally found the courage to stand up for myself. It wasn't until I was able to spit in death's face and say "DO YOUR WORST!!!!" that I trully became strong enough to live my life with integrity and courage. once I stopped being afraid, the bullies stopped coming and I was able to become strong and confident. now, I want to become stronger, strong enough to help all the people around me who are being persecuted and abused! I'm tired of seeing it everywhere and not being able to do anything about it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

since this is a topic about introverted feeling, I feel that this clip is the epitome of introverted feeling:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

wait PB why is arclight getting asked not to participate in the discussion?

i think we can have a safe space with Fe-first opinions of Fi as long as no one takes that as an invitation to attack Fi-first personal opinions and beliefs. in other words - i think people with Fe first should be absolutely welcome to discuss, just please remember that you might not experience Fi exactly like we do, just like we don't experience Fe exactly like you do.

maybe it's just me, but i feel like the people with functions dominant will -usually- have the best idea of what it's like to use that function. i mean, honestly, if someone asked me to give an excellent in-depth description of what using Ti is like i think i would crack up laughing... yes i'll know better than the INTP layperson, but if educated, that INTP's gonna know better than me. i mean, really, do you want a fireman teaching you dentistry when there's a dentist available? no...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ to be clear, at no time did I say Arclight was not welcome here; skylights, I did lay the groundwork in the first post and as always, Arclight is welcome to post, to add to the discussion at hand.

I simply don't want the thread derailed by discussing whether or not the thread is being "hypocritical" to request that Fi users be given space to share their thoughts. That's all.

In my opinion, such tangential explorations will ensure that no Fi users feel "safe" to post in this thread either.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ ahh. just so you know, it kind of came off to me as "go away and let Fi users talk".

i agree with you

I still say I identify most strongly with Si-Fi & Ti (I was always and still am swinging from ISFJ to ISFP and vice versa; I consider myself somewhere along the middle). I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I generally feel as if my perspective on Fi would not be welcomed by either Fe or Fi users, especially if NFs rather than SFs. I try to stick to discussing Fe as a result. I also feel like my experience of Fi would be considered too mystical, dramatic, or self-important by most. I think Fe is more well-received because it's simply easier to describe without delving into that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't feel "unsafe" to discuss Fi, but I do get a sense that any discussion of Fi from actual Fi-doms (and Fi-aux) people will be belittled, mocked, and eventually suppressed, yes. The massive Fe/Fi gone awry thread was actually heartening in some ways; it was allowed to develop into honest discussion. I already see this thread being subjected to a discrediting; it will be written off as whiny & without provocation because that is easier to do than address any actual points. It's almost like people are threatened by a Fi-dom having an opinion. We're only cool as long as we passively agree & keep quiet. God forbid we have a spine. The double standard regarding this aspect with NTs annoys me (Why can't I be flippant on occasion also?). If anyone were to call them out on making emotionally laden posts, they'd get all pissy about it & deny it. I'm cool to admit I can be sensitive & emotional, but doing so just provides ammunition for others to invalidate your words. Not to mention, I don't think an emotional & sensitive response is invalid anyway; why are people so threatened by non-stoic communication? It seems to me it's because they don't handle their own passionate side well, and they assume others cannot either; their only solution is to put a damper on it. Meanwhile, the F types were getting along just fine.

I noticed that when an INTJ made a Fi thread some time ago, the discussion was validated by others, and the viewpoint from the INTJ was taken seriously (can't remember the poster name....sorry). That's frustrating. It's not that the thread was not interesting or not accurate, but it illustrates how Fi discussed by Fi-ers in a Fi way is invalidated by comparison. I wonder if we had "NT" under our avatars if our comments would be taken differently (I think so)*.

I don't even care if other non-Fi types don't want to participate, but why they have to pop their head in to do nothing more than make snarky comments in an attempt to derail the thread is beyond me. That is my observation. I don't plan on NOT talking about Fi or function theory any less than I have been or in any different way (I don't care about popularity or being a voice of dissent), but I will continue to expect my view to be disregarded by anyone who is NOT a Fi-dom or aux. It is funny how much the Fi-dom and aux people actually AGREE in these discussions though; it seems we grasp each other just fine in our communication styles (exploring feelings, tossing out ideas, comparing notes, making conjectures). I find much more similarity emerges than differences, and exploring the disagreements can be interesting when viewed through the lens of the enneagram. No one is trying to "win" or "prove" anything, which I guess is foreign to T types. It's called sharing & exploration.

*It's also interesting how that loooong Ni thread was explored in a similar vein, and no one got all pissy about it.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I still say I identify most strongly with Si-Fi. I also feel like my experience of Fi would be considered too mystical, dramatic, or self-important by most. I think Fe is more well-received because it's simply easier to describe without delving into that.
    mystical and dramatic is what Fi is all about if you have mystical and dramatic insights to share with us, the more the better =)