User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default NF and NT romance in movies

Ah! In spirit of my new avatar inspired by the mariage thread I thought I'd take a moment to pay tribut to those movies I've always loved, but didn't know why until I realized they have a great NF-NT relationship.

Pride and Prejudice... Ah Lizzie and Mr. Darcy. I'm going to watch it right now.
    Anne of Green Gables- Gil and Anne.
    My Fair Lady.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ENFP

I meant to say in the last post, but got distracted... that I am not sure if Eliza from My Fair Lady is an idealist, but Higgins is such a rational.

Also, it's not a movie, but in the Twilight books I think Bella is an idealist and Edward is a rational.

I'd love to hear of more books and movies if any of you have some in mind.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Awww....such a great topic! Yes, Mr. Darcy has got to be INT, I'm leaning towards INTJ, & don't you think Elizabeth is ENFJ? They're so great! I just swoon watching that BBC version with Colin Firth.

Yes, and Anne with an "E" is an NF for sure, but Gil an NT? No, he's too outwardly gentle even when teasing her to be an NT. I think they're NF-NF. I do love seeing Anne soften her SJ Marilla, that brings me great joy as you see Marilla so clearly show her sentiment towards her--that Anne annoys her so much, but is lovable nonetheless.

Amelie is definitely an INF, but I think her match is SP or NF, with his childlike imagination & fun spirit.

Many of the interesting characters in I heart Huckabees were INs, but the other types/evil characters were caricatures of evil corporate life that it was a bit too self-conscious & pretentious for me. I don't like when the bad characters are displayed as caricatures, & the protagonists are fully developed. Annoying.

How about the characters in Lost in Translation? They seem NF/NT in their dreaminess & angst, trying to find meaning in life......

Maria in The Sound of Music is definitely an ENFP, she's called an angel, a demon, a pest (she can "outpester any pest"!), a girl when she fails as a nun. But Captain von Trapp I'm not sure, he could be an ISTJ or an INTJ, he's pretty rigid about his rules, seems SJ.
    Last edited by chatoyer; 01-31-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: another example

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    I meant to say in the last post, but got distracted... that I am not sure if Eliza from My Fair Lady is an idealist, but Higgins is such a rational.
    Well, I think Audrey Hepburn's own NFness shines through that character, but I think you could make a case for Eliza being NF, as she dreams of another identity and becomes it, the ultimate Pygmalion story. Higgins is adorably stiff & arrogant & uptight, definitely NTJ!
    Last edited by chatoyer; 01-31-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: grammar schammer

MBTI
    ENxJ

Can you think of any characters where the woman is the NT and the man is the NF? They are both so rare....just wondering.

heart on fire

I am not 100 percent sold that Darcy is T. He could just as easily be an embittered INFJ.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I am not 100 percent sold that Darcy is T. He could just as easily be an embittered INFJ.
    Yes, I can see what you are saying. I would imagine it is a toss up between INTJ and INFJ. I'm technically an ENTJ, but I can really identify with Lizzie....but it seems that she is ENFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongvk12 View Post
    Can you think of any characters where the woman is the NT and the man is the NF? They are both so rare....just wondering.
    It's been too long since I saw Sense and Sensibility, but is the sensible sister an NT?

Also, are the Bridget Jones movies based on Pride and Prejudice?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

heart on fire

Yes, I read that Bridget Jones is loosely based on Austen's books.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It's been too long since I saw Sense and Sensibility, but is the sensible sister an NT?
    Wouldn't the sensible sister be an SJ....more down to earth? I'm an NT and sensible doesn't describe me.