• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF and NT romance in movies

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know if anyone has posted this, but in the movie "Short Circuit," I think that:

Newton Crosby
Haveaball.jpg

And Stepanie Speck
Friend.jpg

Are classic examples of NT and NF.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I think I might of finally thought of one (I'm slow and don't watch that much media), though not from a movie... Does anyone watch How I Met Your Mother? I'm thinking Ted's probably an ENFx and Robin is an NT? (but maybe STP, which would render this useless.)

Ted's always idealizing what he wants out of soulmate- and the fact that there *is* one out there for him. Whereas Robin was always more against the super-sharing of everything and wanted to be more independent.

(Off-topic, but an interesting show to think of in MBTI. What's Barney's type? Disappointed ENFP? ESTP persona?)

(Continues wandering off topic...)

I've just been watching that show today... I'm almost certain Ted's an IFJ of some sort. He gets totally freaked out by all of Barney's spontaneous plans, is quite happy going to the same bar and having a quiet drink with his same group of friends most evenings. And can't wait to fall in love and get married. :p The only one I really can't decide on is S/N, but I would lean towards N due to his idealism...

And Robin... hmm. She's hard to pick, just about the only thing I can really see clearly in her is T. Maybe N, but does she really fit any of the NT types? ENTP, maybe. Otherwise xSTP, but seeing as I know none of them IRL I find them very difficult to pick out. ;)

And then you get ENTP + INFJ which is a very good match indeed... :p

Barney... well he used to be very much an idealist (Peace Corps, etc, etc), is almost certainly an extravert and is very much percieving. So I'd say an ENFP who's lost touch with his ideals... I can see ESTP for his current persona, but it doesn't mesh at all with his 'old self', I don't think...

How about Marshall and Lily? He seems like an STP? And she's some sort of SFP, I think.

Thoughts?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay....now I just looked this up...and it seems that Jane Austen was an INTJ. Since the protagonist in the story is Jane...what do you think about Lizzie being INTJ and Darcy as embittered INFJ? (Hee! Hee! I think I secretly want the woman to be the NT and the man the NF!)

so do I
hehehehe

LisainCA

MBTI Type
?N?P
Mr. Darcy

I think Mr. Darcy is definitely an NT. NTs are capable of deep feeling, but it's not their standard mode. So I think Mr. Darcy isn't normally a guy who is in touch with his emotions but he simply fell in love and had to deal with what he was feeling for Lizzie. I think they are the quintessential NF-NT pair. And after they got married, poor Lizzie is spent the rest of her life trying to get Mr. Darcy to open up and stop being so cold. :D

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
It's not a movie, its a tv show... but what about HEROES - Sylar (INTJ) and Elle (ENFJ).

Cute couple while it lasted. Well, until Sylar cut her head off atleast. bwahahaha

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not a movie, its a tv show... but what about HEROES - Sylar (INTJ) and Elle (ENFJ).

Cute couple while it lasted. Well, until Sylar cut her head off atleast. bwahahaha

wtf?! He what? Shit. I haven't seen that episode yet. :/

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Oooh it's one of the best episodes yet.

She was making him too human any way. Though I liked them together. It was necessary for progression of the story. Now he's back to his normal bad ass self. Did anyone really believe he would stay "good"? Most ruthless character in TV history... i love it.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I fully support NF/NT pairings. Even if it's really difficult at times.

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think the Sound of Music is probably my favorite NF/NT pairing -

Maria ENFP 7
Captain INTJ 1

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Love that movie too. Yeah, Clementine = ENFP.

Joel seemed like an INTP to me, but I've seen him typed as a few other things.

Does anyone watch Grey's Anatomy? What do you think Owen Hunt is?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's been too long since I saw Sense and Sensibility, but is the sensible sister an NT?

I'm dragging this up from the depths :devil:

I think Edward is an INFP & Eleanor is definitely an INTJ.

Austen is supposedly INXJ and writes a lot of INXJ heroines. She also writes a disproportionate amount of intuitives and is usually kinder to them. The sensors in her story are often shown as somewhat ridiculous. Like in Sense and Sensibility, Mrs. Jennings is a caricature of an ESFJ.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Bennett is definitely ENFP.