User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I usually find comedic chemistry in movies more interesting than romantic chemistry.
    Hehe, I'd tend to agree. So what do you think of the pairing of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in Rush Hour? (If you've seen it.)

Hmmm, NT and NF, NT and NF... I'm trying to think of one pairing.

No, I really can't think of one. Beauty and the Beast may be one. Or Simba/Nala from The Lion King, since I just watched that last night. (Yeah, I'm a Disney-lover and cartoon-watcher! What of it!)
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

No way. Nala's an ESTJ. Simba's an.... INFP? ISFP?

I've not thought of any NF/NT pairings. But in the Ang Lee movie version I saw of Pride and Prejudice, I thought the elder sister came of as an INTJ, in a more rigid society (I suppose you could make a case for ISTJ, but she didn't seem that traditional).

I don't know there, Colors. I can definitely see ESTJ, but I can also see ENTJ. She doesn't get much screentime so it's really open to interpretation, but she could almost as easily be an ENTJ as an ESTJ. Definitely has some Te in there, given how organized and efficient she is. She has a loyalty for her clan that could be either ESTJ or ENTJ, but her sense of humor and how she's SO good at troubleshooting seem so NT to me. She acts in the immediate context, which is Se, and seems to have a good idea of what will happen to the pridelands if Simba doesn't step in - that would be her Ni talking - which could be an argument for why she's an ENTJ. But I agree with ExTJ. "You're starting to sound like my father," says Simba. "Good. At least one of us is," says Nala. Withering. What a brat. ENTJ.

I was thinking Simba was either an ISFP or an INFP too. I'm going to go with INFP, just for the purposes of this thread, but it's almost a toss-up. He seems really good at living with the guilt of his past; in other words, he easily recalls past experiences and data and broods on it, which is Si, which could be an argument for him being INFP. Fi-dom, definitely. I'd say he's an INFP, because he's not NEARLY as good as Nala at troubleshooting; he'd much rather stay in happy-go-lucky paradise with Timon and Pumbaa than do anything to help the pridelands, which really smacks of self-indulgent Fi and a distinct LACK of Ni, which would help him see the implications of what he's doing (maybe; I have a shallow understanding of Ni). He's VERY stubborn about doing certain things that interfere with his mood or his happy way of life, exactly like a moody INFP ennea-type four I know in real life. Moody, reflective and self-indulgent are Simba's synonyms, and they're also pretty good synonyms of INFPs (in very broad terms). For those wondering, he's an introvert because he does just fine with only Timon and Pumbaa's company, and he really does seem to do a lot of lonely self-reflection.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisbueller View Post
    I think that is far from a decided fact. In fact, I'll admit that I don't buy it. I think that Jane Austen was an NF.
    I was just going with the type that all of the sites list for Jane Austen. I actually did not find one site that listed her as something other than INTJ. If she was an INTJ, then it made sense to me that some of her female characters would also be INTJ or at least NT. The female protagonist of her stories was a reflection of herself.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Hehe, I'd tend to agree. So what do you think of the pairing of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in Rush Hour? (If you've seen it.)

Hmmm, NT and NF, NT and NF... I'm trying to think of one pairing.

No, I really can't think of one. Beauty and the Beast may be one. Or Simba/Nala from The Lion King, since I just watched that last night. (Yeah, I'm a Disney-lover and cartoon-watcher! What of it!)
    I think Jackie Chan is an ENFP (and also he basically plays himself in every movie), but Chris Tucker is some sort of SP (maybe ESFP). Beauty and the Beast may be an NT-NF pairing, but it's been too long since I've seen it.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Beauty and the Beast may be an NT-NF pairing, but it's been too long since I've seen it.
    I dunno. I always saw the Beast as a heavily damaged NF and Belle definitely isn't an NT! Her father, at least in the Disney movie, is practically the stereotype of INTP, though.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

speaking of Priam... what about Troy? Paris definitely seems NF (as does Priam), although I'm not sure if Helen is an NT.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongvk12
    Can you think of any characters where the woman is the NT and the man is the NF? They are both so rare....just wondering.
    I think I might of finally thought of one (I'm slow and don't watch that much media), though not from a movie... Does anyone watch How I Met Your Mother? I'm thinking Ted's probably an ENFx and Robin is an NT? (but maybe STP, which would render this useless.)

Ted's always idealizing what he wants out of soulmate- and the fact that there *is* one out there for him. Whereas Robin was always more against the super-sharing of everything and wanted to be more independent.

(Off-topic, but an interesting show to think of in MBTI. What's Barney's type? Disappointed ENFP? ESTP persona?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy
    He's VERY stubborn about doing certain things that interfere with his mood or his happy way of life, exactly like a moody INFP ennea-type four I know in real life. Moody, reflective and self-indulgent are Simba's synonyms, and they're also pretty good synonyms of INFPs (in very broad terms).
    I'm convinced and bow down to your superior typing skills.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Actually my favorite NF-NT pairing is the platonic one in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles between ENFP John Candy and INTJ Steve Martin. That is comedic gold right there. Meh, what can I say? I'm a male ENTP. I usually find comedic chemistry in movies more interesting than romantic chemistry.
    Hahaha!!! That's my favorite John Hughes movie! A great depiction of how Ne and Ni get along! Although I always thought Steve Martin's character was more ENTJ.

That said, why not Balki (an ENFP) and Larry (an ENTJ) of Perfect Strangers?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    speaking of Priam... what about Troy? Paris definitely seems NF (as does Priam), although I'm not sure if Helen is an NT.
    I wonder if you speak of the movie/s or of The Iliad itself which is much better and crazier?

I know this is old but....:
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphy
    I was thinking Simba was either an ISFP or an INFP too. I'm going to go with INFP, just for the purposes of this thread, but it's almost a toss-up. He seems really good at living with the guilt of his past; in other words, he easily recalls past experiences and data and broods on it, which is Si, which could be an argument for him being INFP. Fi-dom, definitely. I'd say he's an INFP, because he's not NEARLY as good as Nala at troubleshooting; he'd much rather stay in happy-go-lucky paradise with Timon and Pumbaa than do anything to help the pridelands, which really smacks of self-indulgent Fi and a distinct LACK of Ni, which would help him see the implications of what he's doing (maybe; I have a shallow understanding of Ni). He's VERY stubborn about doing certain things that interfere with his mood or his happy way of life, exactly like a moody INFP ennea-type four I know in real life. Moody, reflective and self-indulgent are Simba's synonyms, and they're also pretty good synonyms of INFPs (in very broad terms). For those wondering, he's an introvert because he does just fine with only Timon and Pumbaa's company, and he really does seem to do a lot of lonely self-reflection.
    I'm thinking more ISTP....oh yea...I can see it and especially being initially insensitive (not listening to dad, not understanding how his actions affect others). INFPs and ISTPs can look a bit similar but ISTPs are more out of their heads than INFPs and are more free-flowing by being spontaneous on the outside (reacting to people's emotions but maintaing they own their own and they're right etc etc). I never saw Simba as moody, reflective other than when crises was involved (very typical of a ISTP in a crises) and being self-indulgent (not a crime) is an ISTP birthright and ISTPs may seem more outgoing or more with the group but they truly maintain autonomoy + reserve their true intentions/beliefs/feelings to a select trusted few.