First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongvk12 View Post
    Wouldn't the sensible sister be an SJ....more down to earth? I'm an NT and sensible doesn't describe me.
    I don't know, but the story always puts me in mind of my daughters, an INTJ and an INFP.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENxJ

Okay....now I just looked this up...and it seems that Jane Austen was an INTJ. Since the protagonist in the story is Jane...what do you think about Lizzie being INTJ and Darcy as embittered INFJ? (Hee! Hee! I think I secretly want the woman to be the NT and the man the NF!)

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Darcy's type

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I am not 100 percent sold that Darcy is T. He could just as easily be an embittered INFJ.
    Doesn't he have Fi? He cultivates a friendly attitude with Lizzie's aunt and uncle for her sake, but otherwise he doesn't use Fe much.

Bridget Jones is definitely based on P&P. I love the final scene where she chases him out into the snow in her undies. And her boss (Hugh Grant) was perfect. I adore that movie!

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't know, but the story always puts me in mind of my daughters, an INTJ and an INFP.
    Isn't it funny you should say this. My theory is that the protagonists of Jane Austen's novels...are NTs because Jane was an INTJ. I seem to identify strongly with them because I am an NT as well. I don't really seem to identify with SJ women....so maybe you are right.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Doesn't he have Fi? He cultivates a friendly attitude with Lizzie's aunt and uncle for her sake, but otherwise he doesn't use Fe much.
    He is very worried about his "image" and her linage though. Isn't that also Fe?

Bridget Jones is definitely based on P&P. I love the final scene where she chases him out into the snow in her undies. And her boss (Hugh Grant) was perfect. I adore that movie!

Jae Rae
    Yes, I loved that movie and that final scene and Hugh Grant's character making fun of her granny panties too. It was the only chick flick I have ever watched that my husband just couldn't get into though.

MBTI
    INFJ

Lizzie's sister Jane is not an NT, probably an NF. Her other sisters are SJ, except for Lydia who's an SP.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, I loved that movie and that final scene and Hugh Grant's character making fun of her granny panties too. It was the only chick flick I have ever watched that my husband just couldn't get into though.
    I loved it. I tend to like things Colin Firth is in. Anyone have ideas about the characters in The Importance of Being Earnest?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Can you think of any characters where the woman is the NT and the man is the NF? They are both so rare....just wondering.
    I'm not sure if that happens in a romance movie (or it is a rare one if it does). Generally the woman is an F and the man is a T. On the other hand if you explore other genres I think you can find the female NT and male NF pairing. I believe in Contact you see that pairing with Jody Foster and Matthew McConaughey. In Star Wars I think Anakin is NF, and Padme is NT (too bad the acting wasn't better).

Actually my favorite NF-NT pairing is the platonic one in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles between ENFP John Candy and INTJ Steve Martin. That is comedic gold right there. Meh, what can I say? I'm a male ENTP. I usually find comedic chemistry in movies more interesting than romantic chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe
    I loved it. I tend to like things Colin Firth is in. Anyone have ideas about the characters in The Importance of Being Earnest?
    I'm not sure I can type characters in this play/movie. In any version I watch of it all of the characters come across as ENTP to me because of Oscar Wilde's witty/silly dialogue.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP

Okay....now I just looked this up...and it seems that Jane Austen was an INTJ.
    I think that is far from a decided fact. In fact, I'll admit that I don't buy it. I think that Jane Austen was an NF.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Also, are the Bridget Jones movies based on Pride and Prejudice?
    Funny, that is the first example I thought of...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas